Over 50's Club Scotland

Good morning everybody. May glad you managed your walk without needing your inhaler. Rox been raining here this morning, not been out the door yet. Just heard that the FM has resigned. Just wonder who will take over from her. Have to go out as I donā€™t have any bread, the one in the freezer is done.

Just finished watching/listening to Nicola and I can see relief in Her face & voice knowing She has done the right thingā€¦She goes out with Her head held high knowing She did Her best for Our Country unlike that lying,cheating,tory gobshite Johnson!

Keith Brown, the depute leader of the SNP and justice secretary, said Ms Sturgeon ā€œhas given her working life to the cause of independenceā€.

ā€œAn outstanding leader,ā€ he tweeted, following her decision to resign as Scottish First Minister.

ā€œThe first female and longest-serving First Minister. Nicola Sturgeon has given her working life to the cause of independence. Thank you for all you have done, and will do in our campaign to win independence for Scotland.ā€

Scottish Deputy First Minister John Swinney, one of several possible candidates who could succeed Ms Sturgeon as leader of the SNP, has thanked the First Minister after her decision to step down.

ā€œI am very sorry [Ms Sturgeon] has decided to step down as First Minister and (the SNP) leader,ā€ he tweeted.

ā€œShe has given outstanding leadership to our country, Government and party. As the first female, and longest serving First Minister, she has achieved much for Scotland. Minimum unit pricing of alcohol, expansion of early learning, measures to tackle domestic violence, delivery of The Promise and crucially, leadership through Covid, are just some.

ā€œFor our party, she has delivered breath-taking electoral success, winning every election during her leadership, and securing two Scottish Parliament victories.

HEAR HEAR.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Eveninā€™ All,the tv/radio is full of the FM resignation and it looks like itā€™ll go on foreverā€¦soā€¦I wonā€™t mention it on here again :laughing:

Got a new carpet shampooer from Argos,so Iā€™ve been knockinā€™ hell oot oā€™ the carpetsā€¦Theyā€™ve come up lovely.was amazed at the dirt that poured outā€¦jeeze!!!
was considering getting new but couldnā€™t be bothered with the upheaval.

Hope You managed to get some sleep in the afternoon Rox,

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good morning good People,a bit cloudy & dull here but have to go food shopping to Tesco after breakfast,

As for the above pollā€¦I see the Forum comedians have taken it overā€¦soā€¦Iā€™ll pass :roll_eyes:

Hope You All have a good day and Rox & Bonnie are not in too much pain,xxā€¦See Ye Aā€™ later.

Good morning everybody. may the weather is the same here a bit grey looking. Thinking of going into Paisley today for a change and pop into the Range for a look see. Jean and Rox hope your both feeling better today.

Afternoon All, Not a lot of improvement yet Jess, itā€™s a lot more serious than my knee replacement ops. When I fell as well as shattering the tibia bone, I yanked the replacement knee out of itā€™s moorings. My GP told me she felt physically sick when she read the surgeons report, she told me it was a horrific injury. Sooooo, for a GP to say that things must have been bad.
I am still using the zimmer frame am not steady enough to move over to walking sticks yet, also my balance is all over the place. I have the community physio coming in and Iā€™m working with her so hopefully things will improve soon. I am desperate to get back to the pool and start building up the leg strength. Not every day to start with, Monday Wednesday and Friday I thought, but I need to be able to drive again before I can do that. At the moment I doubt I could climb into my car.
Not doing much for my overall mood either, Iā€™m getting sooooo blooming cranky with frustration. :disappointed_relieved:

Good morning everybody. Rox it must have been bad for your GP to say that she felt sick reading the report. It sounds like its going to take a while for recovery. My niece tokk me into town yesterday and I ordered a table and chairs, coffee table a bookcase and a tv unit, it will be delivered on Tuesday. Phoned the GP this morning Iā€™ve got a rash on my face and I donā€™t whatā€™s caused it.

Good morning all. No wonder you are getting cranky
Rox! You have been through the mill and still got a long way to go.
Jess sounds like you are getting on great with furnishing your new home.
I am lucky that my back is normal again. Havenā€™t been out yet but going
To Sainsburys for my weekly shop this afternoon. 2 weeks since I was last out. My Son is taking me so no heavy lifting.
See you all later.

Morning, What a wind through the night, surprised the fences are still standing. Itā€™s died right back now and the sunā€™s out. Good drying day.
Really Really Chuffed with myself this morning, at last I managed to use my exercise cubii that I bought a couple of years back, I will start with a couple of minutes twice a day and slowly build it up.I got my David to place it under my compuer desk 3 weeks ago but I didnā€™t have the bend in my knee to be able to pedal it. Now this knee is going to get some much needed work.

Jean yes Iā€™m getting there slowly, still need a few more things but will take my time. Glad that your feeling better and going to the shops with your son. Rox well done on starting to use the exercise bike, just take it easy and dont give it laldy. Quite windy here today and cold I was glad to get home for a heat.

Good morning Each,a very wet one here so having a quiet day in after a gathering of the Clans last Night for My 80th,
Still canā€™t smell anything and taste is slow to return,so couldnā€™t smell My lovely bouquets of flowers.and I passed on the Proseccoā€¦never mindā€¦I could taste the chocolate on the Birthday cake slightly so getting there.

Have a good weekend All,xx

Good morning everybody. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY. Cold here this morning and Iā€™m going to Braehead shortly for a few things. Had a guy here looking at the driveway heā€™s going to send me a quote, he did my hairdressers and made a good job of that.

Hi All ! We are having here this afternoon. All ten of us. Some from London, some Scots, the Nottingham Forest, and Cumbiaā€¦

Morning, Dull and drizzle here this morning. David is away out with The Hairy One before he goes to work. Might see if I can have a go on the big computer this afternoon, legs bending a bit more so it might be possible to get comfy for a while.
Happy Birthday May. :cake:.
I like big family gatherings Besoeker, we are 15 when we get together, but not had one since Covid.

Leg going through itā€™s paces earlier.
:grinning:

1 Like

Good morning all. Dull day here too.
Well done Rox you are getting there. Happy Birthday May canā€™t believe thatā€™s you 80! I missed my birthday this year as had Covid then. My Daughter just tested negative today and she canā€™t taste or smell either, May, plus severe headaches. It is a b****r this covid.
Going to the Post Office this afternoon. My son brought in rolls and sausage and 2 trifles from the bakers so thatā€™s the diet hut on the heid again!
Have a good Saturday everyone.

You can say that again Jean,thereā€™s no end to it and People in Scotland are still dying from itā€¦

Thanks all for the Birthday wishes,I canā€™t believe Iā€™m still alive at 80 especially after having chest infections/pneumonia/covidā€¦My Sons In Law say nothingā€™s gonna kill Me off so Theyā€™ll have to shoot Me :rofl:

As for My taste buds well,Iā€™ve decided to live on cakes.sweets,chocolate until it returns to normal,who cares if I get fatā€¦not Iā€¦Iā€™m alive & well with People who love Me,so Iā€™m lucky,

Hope Your Daughter gets better soon Jean.xx

Good morning everybody, dull one here this morning. Jean sorry to hear that your daughter now has covid, its certainly making its rounds again. May thats all we can ask for to be healthy have family looking after us and food on the table. Not sure what to get up today apart from some housework.