Who do you think will replace Nicola Sturgeon as next SNP leader?

And who do you want to replace her?

Who do you THINK will replace Nicola Sturgeon as next SNP leader?
  • John Swinney
  • Kate Forbes
  • Angus Robertson
  • Humza Yousaf
  • Joanna Cherry
  • Mairi McAllan
  • Neil Gray
  • Keith Brown
  • None of the above
  • Not sure yet, will change my vote when I’m ready!

0 voters

Who do you WANT to replace Nicola Sturgeon as next SNP leader?
  • John Swinney
  • Kate Forbes
  • Angus Robertson
  • Humza Yousaf
  • Joanna Cherry
  • Mairi McAllan
  • Neil Gray
  • Keith Brown
  • None of the above
  • Not sure yet!

0 voters

I’m not Scottish or living in Scotland and know nothing about the possible candidates, but from the list I like the idea of Mairi McAllan purely because she was a solicitor and served as a special advisor to Nicola Sturgeon… so seems like she’d be most like Sturgeon in opinions AND character. I hope so anyway.

William Wallace?

3 Likes

Nigel Farage.

4 Likes

One things for sure…She won’t look like that for long if she does get the job…

SNP

1 Like

According to what is being said today, it won’t really matter as he/she won’t be in power for long?

I’ve know idea who will be next.
However it’s a shame we us down sarf can’t claim Nicola … she’s head and shoulders better than anybody in our weaselly government

2 Likes

I don’t vote SNP but of the three who have put there names forward I would pick Humza Yousaf. Kate Forbes’s strong Free Presbyterian Christian beliefs might spoil her chances. Ash Regan I don’t know much about.

Forbes…a narrow minded bible thumper,
Yousaf…a less than useless health minister,
Those two have a brass neck for even thinking of applying for Scotlands top job as FM.
Ash Regan seems the best of a bad bunch…gawd help Us. :roll_eyes:

A bit of a poisoned chalice really. Some of those expected to put there name forward have decided against.

Billy Connolly.

At least with Kate Forbes you will get someone truthful, honest and will take everybody’s wishes into account; before she makes a fair decision.

A truthful.honest Politician?..that’ll be a first :laughing:

1 Like

All three candidates for the SNP leadership election say they have secured enough nominations to move forward to the next stage of the contest.

Under party rules, candidates must receive 100 nominations from at least 20 SNP branches for their names to be put forward for members to vote on.

Donald, when he finds his trousers. :grin:

Nope, don’t want her with her novel ideas about transgender prisoners. She really did shoot herself in the foot with that one.
She was also a one trick pony, as they say … with only one goal …Scottish Independecne, I can recall a time when some of the Scots were criticising her for becoming so obssessed with that at the expense of running her country.

Having said that . .it seems that if Humza Yousaf is her successor he’s going to push hard and fight for the Gender Recognition Bill as most Scots are in favour of it.

Trump or Duck?

1 Like

All of your thoughts on NS pale into insignificance imo when matched against our two previous prime ministers .
The lack of propriety honesty and compassion for the U.K. and it’s people at times was beyond belief.