Over 50's Club Scotland

HELLO. Anybody here.

Morning, looks lovely here but through the window. I opened the back door to let Dageus out and the temperature dropped like a stone.
I am spending most of the day on my own now, David comes to walk Dageus and do anything I want done I canā€™t manage. Regan comes every 2nd day now and does the shopping, hangs out the washing that I did earlier and hoovers ect. I am having to push through the pain and if I take my time I can do 99% of things. Looking forward to waking up one day and the pain is gone, hopefully soon.

1 Like

Sorry V ! Very remiss if me. I am a Scot and I miss it but have lived most of my life south of the border in Watford. Now that I am retired we have moved to Yorkshire - the children are a bit closer.

I notice that you are from Largs. My friend and I used to go there in the school holidays. It was quite a trip for us - our school was in Kirriemuir. Life moves onā€¦

Good on ya Rox!! You are sounding positive so maybe you are on the mend. I hope so.

1 Like

Good afternoon everybody. Rox your really coming along now and able to do things for yourself a bit more. Was sunny here earlier and its now getting a bit colder, went into town for a look round the shops but didnā€™t buy anything. Bo been to York a few times on coach tours with friends a lovely city. Off out again for a walk round to my nieces house.

Good Morning all. Have been in the twilight zone for the past week. Had pain in my lower back which spread to upper back too. My Daughter got the Dr who prescribed diazepam and amitriptyline ibuprofen and omeprazole to help my stomach cope with all the drugs. Fair knocked me out but was great to get out of the pain. Was up yesterday but still quite hazy. Feel better today just very stiff. My Daughter got covid on Sunday a wee bit better today. Hope that is the end of our woes for this year. Wee Sophie away to hospital to hopefully get her cast off.
Hope you are getting better Rox and May. Jess I am sure you will be out and about somewhere.
Hope everyone else doing ok.

1 Like

Afternoon Each,itā€™s been quite springlike here this morn so had a wee stint in the garden then a dance around the house to the Bee Gees ā€˜Stayin Aliveā€™ :laughing: so Iā€™m getting back to normal,

Funny You should mention the Twilight Zone Bonnie as thatā€™s how I felt when prescribed amitriptyline 6 months after knee opā€™ and still in hellish pain which turned out to be nerve damageā€¦I remember thinking/talking a load of gibberishā€¦so gave up taking them then had withdrawal symptoms,nightmares/hearing music etcā€™ā€¦soā€¦Iā€™ve never taken opiates ever again not even codeine.

Hope You/We all continue to improve as time goes on and I know We have to be more careful walking when itā€™s icyā€¦think before We bend/lift anything heavyā€¦but donā€™t bother wearing masks when out n about because it wonā€™t prevent Us getting covid when no one else is wearing them :mask:

Take care All Spring is just around the corner,
:wink:

Afternoon All, Damp and Drizzle here but not too cold. I will be so glad when I can plutter about in the garden again, I went outside to the paper bin earlier and it felt good to be in the fresh air. The OT stuff for the bathroom came and the grab rails are now up in the shower BUT the stool is too big for the shower. If itā€™s in there then thereā€™s no room for me, pity that, it will have to be standing on a good day only.
Glad everyoneā€™s starting to feel better.

1 Like

Found this poem,hope You like it,

Iā€™M STILL HERE

My looks are nothing special,
My face reveals my age,
My body shows some wear and tear,
And my energyā€™s not the same.

Too often my memory fails me,
And I lose things all the time.
One minute I know what I plan to do,
And the next it may just slip my mind.

I try hard to avoid my mirror.
There are things I would rather not see,
And even those times when I just catch a glimpse,
I can no longer recognize me.

The things I used to do with ease
Can now cause aches and pains,
And the quality of the things I do
Will never be quite the same.

I always compare my older self
To those younger versions of me,
And I know Iā€™m wasting too much time
Missing who I used to be.

But the thing that really makes me sad
Is despite what people see,
Underneath my tattered, worn out shell,
Iā€™m still the same old me.

My heart can still feel endless love,
And at times it still can ache.
My heart can fill with so much joy,
And then it can suddenly break.

My soul can still feel sympathy
And longs for forgiveness and peace,
And there are times its light shines boldly through,
And times when it longs for release.

Itā€™s true, maybe now that Iā€™m older,
Feeling lonely may be status quo,
But it also has made me more willing
To forgive and let past conflicts go.

So maybe to some I look ugly and old,
A person who barely exists.
Iā€™m still quite aware of the beauty inside,
And my value should not be dismissed.

So although not as strong and no beauty, itā€™s true,
Iā€™m still here and want so much to live,
And I know that thereā€™s no one in this world quite like me,
And no one who has more to give.

4 Likes

Good evening everybody. Jean sorry to hear youā€™ve been in so much pain with your back. Hope your daughter is ok and Sophie got the cast off today. May take it easy out there in the garden, I used to put music on and dance round the living room. I was put on painkillers once by the doctor and stopped taking them as they made feel sick. So can understand May and Jean how you felt on something stronger. Rox it wont be to long till your out and about and taking it easy. May thanks for the poem, when I look in a shop window I wonder who the old money is looking at me.

Nicola Sturgeon set to resign as Scottish first minister,ā€¦

No surprise thereā€¦I knew it was on the cards Months ago.

Good morning Folks,a wet one here but had a walk to Scotmid earlier for fresh fruit & vegā€¦managed to walk there and back with no breathing probā€™s so the inhaler can be put away for goodā€¦I hope,
Have a good one All.xx

Morning All, Rain here but muggy. Be a dirty walk for the hairy one today. Had a lousy night pain keep waking me up, might go back to bed for a couple of hours this afternoon.
I was reading that about our FM May, canā€™t say I blame her really. The poor woman gets nagged and narked at no matter what she does, everythingā€™s her fault, she has aged a good bit the last couple of years too. I would never last a week in that job. Sorry sheā€™s going though, it will be a hard job to fill properly.

1 Like

Me neither Roxā€¦it became pretty clear some time ago that there was never going to be another indy refā€™ so She had no reason to stayā€¦gawd knows who we will end up with next :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Possibly John Swinney will become the new FM. Whoever it is will have their hands full trying to cope with the No 1 nark and winge, that nasty wee useless Tory Twerp, D.R.

A nice Blokeā€¦but no Personality and a rather boring voiceā€¦whoever gets the job has very big shoes to fillā€¦There never has or never will be a better FM than Wee Nippyā€¦I despair for My Countryā€¦as for D,Rossā€¦Heā€™s just not worth mentioning!..Looks like Starmer will win the next election @ Westmonsterā€¦how that will affect Our Country who knows.

3 posts were split to a new topic: From Scotland thread

Good morning everybody. May glad you managed your walk without needing your inhaler. Rox been raining here this morning, not been out the door yet. Just heard that the FM has resigned. Just wonder who will take over from her. Have to go out as I donā€™t have any bread, the one in the freezer is done.

Just finished watching/listening to Nicola and I can see relief in Her face & voice knowing She has done the right thingā€¦She goes out with Her head held high knowing She did Her best for Our Country unlike that lying,cheating,tory gobshite Johnson!

Keith Brown, the depute leader of the SNP and justice secretary, said Ms Sturgeon ā€œhas given her working life to the cause of independenceā€.

ā€œAn outstanding leader,ā€ he tweeted, following her decision to resign as Scottish First Minister.

ā€œThe first female and longest-serving First Minister. Nicola Sturgeon has given her working life to the cause of independence. Thank you for all you have done, and will do in our campaign to win independence for Scotland.ā€

Scottish Deputy First Minister John Swinney, one of several possible candidates who could succeed Ms Sturgeon as leader of the SNP, has thanked the First Minister after her decision to step down.

ā€œI am very sorry [Ms Sturgeon] has decided to step down as First Minister and (the SNP) leader,ā€ he tweeted.

ā€œShe has given outstanding leadership to our country, Government and party. As the first female, and longest serving First Minister, she has achieved much for Scotland. Minimum unit pricing of alcohol, expansion of early learning, measures to tackle domestic violence, delivery of The Promise and crucially, leadership through Covid, are just some.

ā€œFor our party, she has delivered breath-taking electoral success, winning every election during her leadership, and securing two Scottish Parliament victories.

HEAR HEAR.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart: