Nicola Sturgeon standing down

This is a surprise , not sure yet whos taking over …

1 Like

Don’t blame her at all.

2 Likes

No Rox , she was always going to be hitting her head against a brick wall with a lot of what she stood for …

2 Likes

Not what she stands for, what the whole SNP stands for. The lead may change but nothing else will. She is only human and like every human alive can only take so much of the vile things thrown at her, usually from non Scots too. She gets death threats, family threats, accused of everything under the sun, lies spread about her by the media and treated like dirt from dear Westminster, who should clean their own doorstep before trying to clean Scotland’s.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: From Nicola Sturgeon thread

Nicola always looks neat tidy and very professional.
Whether you agree with her politics or not she certainly gave the SNP her all.

3 Likes

Thats why im surprised , shes given up , she fought for what she believed in , even though it wasn’t going anywhere .

1 Like

I always thought she was a decent leader, but I think the gender thing sealed her fate.

5 Likes

Also support for her main objective, Scottish independence has dropped.

3 Likes

Well it’s definitely taken a toll on her … she’s given the party her all.

Today

1 Like

Blimey … is there only 6 years between the photos … :astonished:

I’d noticed that she’d looked older recently but I hadn’t realised that the onset of aging was so dramatic … :exclamation:

1 Like

I like her, she’s got guts and speaks out, a natural leader and I thought she came over very well during Covid. And she takes a lot of stick, some of it misogynistic, trying to slap a woman back in their place, some don’t like it when we get uppity

Same with Jocinda Arden

I expect she’s just had enough. In this post Covid era I think we are looking for new starts and new beginnings and they were part of the past. It’s a bit like ousting Churchill after the war

No politician is perfect but at least Scotland and New Zealand don’t need to feel disgraced and humiliated by their leaders, the way we do by the corrupt Johnson chumocracy and the Tories

3 Likes

This is an interesting bump in the road to Scottish independence. No-one should think that one individual is the key to any major decision. And the whole basis of the SNP is independence - its a movement not an individual. Nothing changes even if the (panicked) Labour party wish it so.
Sturgeon will still support independence from the side. And the new SNP leader will support it from the front. And it will happen.

Well I’m very sad to hear this - I thought she was brilliant! More than able to stand up to so many of the nasty people who have ever tried to ‘interview’ or debate with her. I am sure she’s a national treasure in Scotland!

It does sound a bit odd tho - I wonder if she has been threatened? Just seems that she worked so hard for independence and now that it is so close by she is ‘removed’ :confused:

Hopefully her successor will get the job done! Then Wales and NI follow and we all rejoin Europe :003:

1 Like

And England can be the 51st state like it’s always wanted.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you can’t be ‘All things, to all people’
And I don’t think we ever left the EU Azz…

2 Likes

I was thinking " how many hundreds of years have Scotland wanted independence"? even tried building wall (hadrian’s wall) between England and Scotland began in 22AD and didn’t keep britain ,as it was under the Romans, out. Seems to me that Scottish people never learn, even after all this time they will never ever get Independence

I don’t know much about her but she always struck me as intelligent and erudite. Perhaps she took the lead from Jacinta Ardern and decided it was not worth it.

1 Like

Did you know Scotland hasn’t voted Tory in over half a century?..We’ve learned well,

:rofl:

1 Like

I doubt very much She was threatened by other Politicians etc’ Azz…and She wasn’t ‘removed’…She ‘resigned’ under Her Own terms.

1 Like