Who likes marmite?

Continuing the discussion from Your favourite snack:

From the snack thread, Baz said he likes marmite. I’ve never tried it. If you have, do you like it?

• Marmite is good
  • Marmite is awful
  • I don’t know what marmite is
0 voters
6 Likes

I have and it’s just horrid ?

:078:

3 Likes

My parents used to buy it when we were kids. :face_vomiting:
Sorry butterscotch. I know a lot of people who love it. It’s definitely healthy stuff if you can handle it :pleading_face:… lol

2 Likes

Is this an online store? I found this

It has crunchy peanut butter marmite, but the prices are in pounds. Does peanut butter go with marmite?

Does anything go with marmite?:woman_shrugging:….
Just teasing. :blush:

2 Likes

Step away from the peanut butter. Don’t mess with perfection and add marmite

2 Likes

I used to get given it on toast as a kid … awful stuff. It’s dead salty and that gooey it’s as tenacious as treacle.

It used to be nicer as a hot low calorie beefy drink.
I’ve never ever made gravy with it.

If memory serves me right … it was banned in Canada once, quite a few years back.

2 Likes

Awful, awful stuff! Smells yucky too.

But hey, if it floats your boat then go right ahead

1 Like

Just had marmite with warmed up pitta bread.
Secret is to smother the pitta with the butter then spread the marmite on top.

:

3 Likes

I watched how it’s made and that cemented my resolve to never eat it.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ask, that revolting hey …

2 Likes

I have a feeling I don’t want to know. :wink:

1 Like

Guess who just got removed from my Christmas gift list

:069:

1 Like

Love it, love it, love it. Daughter loves it, even my dog used to love it too. :lol:

Just a little story about Marmite…
When it was my daughter’s 18th I did a ‘whacky kids’ party for her and her mates. One of the game was Guess the Parcels.
Two parcels - One good. One bad.
Anyway if you were unlucky to get the bad one, one of the ‘prizes’ was to eat a teaspoon of Marmite.
One of her mates hated Marmite. Even the smell used to make her feel queasy.
As you might guess, she got a ‘bad parcel’ and it was the Marmite one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
To give her her due, she put it straight in her mouth. She wasn’t sick but… boy did she keep wretching.
She still remembers that and she’s 32 now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s extremely ‘processed’ and the amount of salt and additives… no thank you. That’s cancer on a plate

1 Like

It’s definately an acquired taste…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just like music :notes:

1 Like

I wish I could eat marmite. Used to love it on a piece of toast smothered with butter and then spread with a thin coating of marmite. Thanks to this thread I have found out that tesco have a gluten free yeast extract. Marmite was famously a by product of beer making. Has lots of B vitamins and there is a reduced salt version. To me it was comfort food. Sort of thing you eat as a child or as a uni student. Probably helps the brain work better.

3 Likes

Ah, that explains it. I haven’t eaten it for years.

2 Likes