Your favourite snack

Good to know that I am not the only one who likes Marmite, it is as you say AnnieS, something you have to be brought up on to fully appreciate. All my family like it which goes some way to back up what you are saying.
:grinning:

1 Like

I’ve heard that too.

Not that I know about. It’s certainly not common. I’ve heard about it, but I haven’t seen it on the store shelves. I haven’t looked for it, so it might be there, hidden somewhere.

A quick search came up with the link below if you are interested, quite expensive though:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vegemite-220-gram/386077493

1 Like

I love marmite but only on hot buttered toast

Thanks for looking that up. I’ll pass since it’s from a third party seller. Maybe one day someone will have some. I’ll take your word for it until then. :slight_smile:

My cousin lives in the USA and buys marmite from the Brit store

1 Like

My preference is for the toast to be cold before buttering it, if hot it’s too ‘greasy’ for me, I’m the same with whatever is eaten on toast. :grinning:

:023: That’s OK, you’re welcome. :+1:

1 Like

I’m in the ‘loathe it’ team. What is Marmite? Hmm, let me try to describe it to you… think of black treacle/molasses (do you have that in the US?). Now, take away the sweetness and replace it with gravy-like flavouring . That’s Marmite.

Bovril, a similar looking dark brown goo, is even worse - it contains actual beef stock. I have never understood why people want to spread thick gooey gravy on toast. OK, so Bovril can be used to flavour soups, stews, and gravies - I get that. But aside from a spread and a flavouring, it is often mixed with hot water to make… a drink!!! I mean, come on, that has got to be the weirdest idea ever - a gravy flavoured hot drink :flushed:

1 Like

Toast, toast, and toast.
Even as a kid it was toast, toast, toast.
If all else fails, eat toast
Did I mention I love toast?
:bread:
:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

My ultimate snack is pOpCorN

Popped in a pot on the stovetop and a sprinkle of salt.

I don’t do flavoured popcorn. If I’m in the mood then caramel coated or candy coated or cheddar cheese coated but definitely not chives/salt and vinegar and others

:scream:

2 Likes

It still has to be an Almond Magnum for me …… yummy! :yum:

2 Likes

Ta muchly Tabbs. I’ll look out for them next time we’re in Sainsbugs. :+1:

1 Like

I sometimes fancy it on toast, thinly spread though. My dad used to love a hot marmite drink. War Time habit I think.

1 Like

Depends on what one calls a snack.
Me ? My idea of a snack is a “Philly, mushroom , cheese steak”
But I’m one of those people who don’t put on weight unless I consume a minimum of 5,000 cal/day

3 Likes

I just ordered more of one of my favorite snacks. It’s puffs made of ground peas, sort of like cheese puffs but with less salt and a tiny, tiny bit healthier. It’s high in protein and fiber. It hits the same spot as the potato chips.

2 Likes

Odd you say that my Dad used to have a hot marmite or Bovril drink at football matches when watching my brother.

1 Like

I just love these, too @butterscotch. And that they are healthier makes me less guilty at eating them right out of the bag!

2 Likes

Beans on toast ( Not sure my wife is too keen tho’)

Bbq Pringles.
Cheese on toast

2 Likes

Toasted Sandwich, cheese, tomato and onion. :smiley:

1 Like