Who likes marmite?

Peanut butter & marmite sandwiches. Ambrosia.

1 Like

Minx I do feel sorry for the “marmite experts” who have to taste the finished product. It may be nice on toast but I can’t imagine eating it neat!

2 Likes

surely an abomination?

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

I don’t like peanut butter either.

Never tried that hazelnut stuff though.

I remember that when I was young I always wanted to love marmite (it just seemed cooler to at the time :lol:) but I hated it!

Maybe I should try it again one day :081:

2 Likes

it’s nice in a milkshake but otherwise best left in the 1970s

1 Like

Oh no! I love peanut butter. Does that need a poll too?

I’ve been watching a pair of people from the UK on youtube talking about the US, saying that peanut butter isn’t as common in the UK as in the US. I think it’s a staple in the US.

Peanut butter is good in everything from noodles to banana sandwiches.

1 Like

I remember eating peanut butter neat on a spoon as a child or having it on fresh bread and butter. But as an adult it just doesn’t appeal. Maybe it’s great for nutrition when you are growing etc. My food hell would be “peanut butter and jelly” which in the UK is peanut butter and jam. Probably good if you are malnourished or lost in the desert or something. Emergency rations like Kendal mint cake (don’t ask!)

1 Like

It’s horrible.They’ve got their own version here,Vegemite,that’s awful too.I does help keep away the mozzies though.

1 Like

Please explain :017:

1 Like

It was the opposite for me. I didn’t like it as a kid. As an adult, I buy the version with less salt and sugar or no salt and sugar. Sometimes I grind it myself. I also have tried different nut butters. I think I’d like to combine some of them. Cashew butter is really good but expensive. Macadamia nut butter is so expensive I haven’t tried it yet. Almond butter is pretty good. There’s a mixed nut butter with hazelnuts, almonds and some others. That one sounds good.

1 Like

I can’t but it’s a well known fact.You have two toasts and veggie for breakfast and you won’t be bitten all day.

1 Like

Oh my word! Looks like Aussie mozzies have tastebuds

:044:

1 Like

Like all insects here,they are bigger and better.

1 Like

I know! Scary stuff

1 Like

mozzies = mosquitos?

Maybe they can taste it in the blood. :042:

1 Like

We haven’t got big animals that eat you though

Nope, your ones just kick you in the nether regions but you’ll be dead anyways so I guess it’s not a biggie…

1 Like

vegemite -v - marmite - brought up on marmite in my UK years converted to vegemite in my Ozzie sojourn - could never eat marmite again - there is clearly a difference in flavour

1 Like