Who likes marmite?

I like marmite , I have it on my toast

3 Likes

Marmite? pah! Just a second rate Vegemite, I have to send my brother in the UK a big jar of Vegemite every 6 months.

1 Like

Marmite is divine :innocent:
I have been known to dip a finger in a jar of it and lick it like a lollipop
Yum yum yum :yum:

2 Likes

Yes - everything except eggs.

Never thought of doing that - must give it a try. :+1:

And it makes delicious biscuits!

1 Like

No - don’t even go there - a pale imitation that tastes disgusting!
Marmite Rules!

2 Likes

we could train you differently until you were swooning? - bruce the blindfold please

Yeah right. There’s chocolate, strawberry, vanilla or marmite. :woozy_face:

Let me rephrase that. Does anything taste good with marmite. :nauseated_face:

I used to love Marmite & Raspberry Jam sandwiches … long time since I’ve had that.

Cheese on toast? Spread Marmite on slices of cheddar, it bubbles and burns, delish.

1 Like

Vegemite … the rise of false patriotism, it won’t last.

I sometimes mix Marmite it with crunchy peanut butter or cheese on toast. All are in a savoury sort of food group and so I think they go quite well together.

I had Marmite on crumpets for breakfast only yesterday morning. Not a usual thing. I don’t normally have breakfast at all but it was a family party weekend with some of them staying with us. A rare occasion and a time for indulging the appetites. No breakfast (or Marmite) today.

It’s not something I eat on a daily basis but it has been part of the food cupboard all of my life. I was once tempted to try Vegemite but when I was looking at it in the supermarket, someone standing nearby said that if I liked Marmite, I wouldn’t like Vegemite. It was a big jar to buy just to try it and so I put it back on the shelf.

Which one is thought best probably depends on whether living in Australia or UK. Another national rivalry.

1 Like

I started as a baby. And have had it just about every day since, on bread & butter usually.

When living abroad it was the only Brit essential. I’m a when-in-rome type of person. OK, Colemans mustard was another must-have but that was used comparatively rarely.

1 Like

Might have something to do with the B vitamins in it, which I think helps repel the biting insects.

I love it on toast but disliked Vegemite.

2 Likes

Marmite is simply divine, pure ambrosia, nectar of the Gods.

There’s even a beer made from it.

1 Like

nooo! : :nauseated_face: I was talking about peanut butter!

Peanut butter makes a banana or vanilla ice cream milk shake taste just really special and yummy

2 Likes

I have just spotted this.
Marmite Beer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

disgusting!!

Awwww! YES! Ok now we are talking!

2 Likes

I’m a marmite hater … yuk! can’t stand the stuff! :nauseated_face:

3 Likes