What have you done in the garden today?

I’m in the Milands too @logan1 in North Notts, I guess the garden must be more exposed then but whatever was to blame it really is looking a bugger… :sleepy:

Nothing, it’s been raining/drizzling non-stop since about 6am.

Barry sorry about that, should have said that i live in the west midlands Redditch Worcestershire.

1 Like

Picked up poo bags. Spayed weed killer. Usual tasks.

1 Like

That’s awful Barry. So sorry after all the work you put in.
I am Midlands too, and that heat on Tuesday has scorched many plants in my garden. It was just touching 40c here.
My Runner beans have survived, and the tomatoes, (mine are in one of those zip-up grow houses, so I opened the whole front up.
Rose leaves all burnt, Camillias, some of the Dahlias, Fuchsias, lots of plants scorched. Never seen it like that before.
The farmers must be very worried about crops this year.

1 Like

Just wallowed in the mud.

1 Like

Weeded part of the garden where there’s 3 roses that are struggling and then i watered them and put a lot of mulch around them.

As I said earlier in the thread, I couldn’t get my usual “Gardener’s Delight” Tomato Plants and went for “Sweet Millions” instead. I can’t believe how good they are, the crop just keeps coming and coming. Will certainly be switiching to these ones in future. Took these pics this morning when I opened up the greenhouse, this is the 3rd time the plants have looked like this, I already gave big bags of them away to my 2 friends, looks like they will be getting some more.

4 Likes

Picked some blackberries deadheaded the roses, cosmos, and pot marigolds. Watered the hanging baskets and pots.

They’re really sweet and tasty, aren’t they Rox.
I didn’t do them this year, but will grow them again next year I think.

1 Like

Hi
They look great Rox :+1:

1 Like

Cut back my whippy bits and tied back my Wisteria. (Not my whippy bits but you know what I mean)

1 Like

Potted on 2 chilli plants, did some watering and deadheading.

Deadheaded ten assorted Rose bushes. A few more days and they will need doing again.

1 Like

Ive moved some more Fushias to the shady side of the garden.

1 Like

I was clearing and pruning trees…we have an area that is so overgrown its taking some effort to get it sorted…
Here is hubby in the thick of it all

1 Like

Starting to pick up all the dead flowers and leaves, now that I have my garden organised…"

1 Like

So many tomatoes, already consumed, it’s close to time to pull the 12 plants out of the greenhouse.

A task for tomorrow.

Never had such a big crop!

(Money Maker)

1 Like

Nothing today it’s been raining, but at least i don’t have to water the garden.

Picked some greengages yesterday and made greengage and apple chutney today. Had to halve the recipe as I didn’t have that many. :wink:

1 Like