What have you done in the garden today?

Today I cut off the old leaves on the hellebores, still got a lot to do, filled up the wheely bin and 3 large bags so far.

2 Likes

You’re brave, Logan. :grinning:

Bit too cold, wet, and muddy for me just yet.

1 Like

I picked up some debris - daily chore.

1 Like

The only thing i picked up was my dogs poo. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I was trying to be polite.

1 Like

Not so much in the garden but just outside. I planted some Mother in Laws Tongue along the edge of the new path that the council had just completed. I am trying to get rid of as much of the grass as possible because what isn’t grass doesn’t need mowing.

I never have trouble with leaves, Gum trees and Tea trees are evergreens, I just check my gutters at the start of the bushfire season.

2 Likes

I picked some carrots for lunch and threw some peelings onto the compost heap, too cold for anything else just yet, although I have ordered my seeds so it won’t be long…

1 Like

Yesterday, I moved my potted hellebores to a more sheltered position.

I read that they need to be next to a wall. They were on the open patio before with no shelter at all but where I could see them from the kitchen window. Now they’re at the bottom of the garden. .

Too cold to do much else…

1 Like

Yes but it had to be done :slightly_smiling_face:
Can’t do much of that today, we had a dusting of snow and very cold. Also hubby says that I can’t walk on the grass when it’s frosty or with snow.

@carol what type of hellebores have you got?

I’ve got the orientalis ones the ones that are in pots stay where they are.

All I know is they’re called ‘Christmas Rose’

I had four but one died. This is a pic I took of one of them last year.
After flowering they all seemed to die completely & then I notice three of them had come to life again…

1 Like

Nothing more exciting than a bit of dead-heading…by this dead head lol

2 Likes

I have some hellebores they have never flowered once

2 Likes

@carol your hellebore is hellebore nigar, it’s different to the hellebore orientalis that I’ve got, I don’t think that they are very hardy.

How long have you had them ? I don’t feed mine.

Years they are in the garden

1 Like

hate to tell ya this but they flower just fine over here…sorry.

1 Like

They could have been pot bound when planted. Found this video, it could be helpful but as I said I don’t feed them.

Started feeding the birds again.

1 Like

Thanks for that information Logan 1. :blush:

1 Like