US Election 2024 antics

The Great Debate.
Dumb v Dumberer.
The usual lies v incoherent mumbling.
Possibly the fate of the Earth and its wildlife and all of us is likely dependent on these horrible old men.

4 Likes

Looks like the Democrats have a desperate search to replace Biden after today’s fiasco

2 Likes

Last night , it was brought to light how incompetent Brandon really is. What surprised me was how quick the propaganda news stations, started jumping ship.
This is what happens when Joe handlers are not around to cut the broadcast or start yelling to prevent answers his answers from being heard.

1 Like

It is tragic that an obviously sick old man has been humiliated; cruelly.

4 Likes

I watched a bit of the “debate” - it was painful to watch.
If Joe Biden was my Dad or my husband, I would have been trying persuade him before this Campaign even started not to stand for another term and let the Democrats select another Candidate to run instead.
It’s been obvious for a while that his lapses of focus and concentration have been increasing, although he may not realise it himself. I expect he is still functioning fine for everyday situations but the role of President is a very demanding and unforgiving one.

I find it sad that the battle for presidency has been whittled down to being between these two men. I think they are both too old to be considering applying for a high-powered job with a physically and mentally demanding 5 year itinerary.

Aren’t the Primaries there to whittle down all the prospective candidates until you end up with the most capable, competent candidate for each party for the final vote?

3 Likes

Whichever of them get to be the Potsus doesn’t really matter does it Boot? Because they are not really the ones running the country… :009:

2 Likes

Few corrections, there a 3 candidates currently running.
No one forced Brandon onto that stage and if he incapable to debate, he totally incapable of running the country.
It is a four year term.

Trump vs. Biden

‘Hell no’ vs. ‘Oh no’: Focus group wants more options after watching first debate

I can’t say this any better…the forever liar who couldn’t tell the truth if it bit him on the arse (he’d truly like that)
and the experienced politician who has seen his best years and should retire, quickly.

3 Likes

Who is Brandon?
I only saw two men on stage in that “Debate” - Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

Correction there are 4 candidates. Only the 2 major political parties were invited to this debate.

And yes, Joe Biden lied in the he debate too.

<< Nosy From across the pond. Given TV saturation.
“What happens in the US Today Happens here Tomorrow” Classic.
It already has. Both with two contestants. Thoroughly disliked by half the nation.
The subtle difference being.
The UK has a Cageful of Dimwits, behind the Throne.
While the US has a Mountain of talent, behind the Flag.

Two pennuth of Nosey. Swimming en-route via the Azores. :wink:
? >> Why don’t the likes of the Talented. Blinken. Secretary of State. Get nominated as POTUS.

1 Like

Here is a good start for “not”

1 Like

Thank you Robin for the Otherwise unknown Backstory.
Made interesting reading and filled domestic gaps.
On what has only been known. By following his Even Broker Gaza/Israel appeasements.
Just one more ? Whether Liked Disliked Party wise.
Could such a politician be nominated.

1 Like

Thank you for that information.
I did not realise that there was also an Independent Candidate and a Libertarian Candidate still in the running. The mainstream media on this side of the pond seems to focus only on the Democrat and Republican Candidates.
I confess the media has made me think that the choice was between those two Candidates. I cannot recall a US President belonging to any Party other than Democrat or Republic.
Do you think either of the other two Candidates stand a good chance of winning?

Thank you also for explaining the insulting nickname thing about Brandon. I always find political discussions work better when folk use the correct names for people and resist the urge to use the silly insulting playground-style nicknames. It makes for a more pleasant and understandable discussion - I thought you were talking about another Candidate! :joy:

Insulting nicknames? Only time it been implied as been insulting has been stated is from Democrats referring to their opponent via “the orange guy”, “The narcissist”. Which is replied via “let’s go Brandon”. And it was started by a sports announcer.
It is not insulting to the majority of the US population. But people are insulted by being referred to as “he/she”. Can’t and should not, change the opinion of people for mentally impaired people. Have to correct them on the spot or they will grow up and be the freaks of society.
Thought it was another candidate, kind of rude, but freedom of choice.

1 Like

It seems like everyone takes offence at everything these days and they tell you how to think, talk and act…We might as well all be ‘Bots’… :009:

4 Likes

Progressives support women’s rights and do not demand women water down or even have to justify their rights.

1 Like

Yep and will get a lot worse. Some lefties are even arguing for most football chants to be banned, what a horribly anti-septic world they are sculpting.

Online Call Of Duty has been censored to the extent all squaddie style banter has gone, players now chat far less or in a highly constrained manner. Just one of many ways the left has ruined humanity

1 Like

When chatting with my conservative mate we often ask where is our Trump. In Britain we have Wet politicians, who are feeble minded and lack any vision.

I love how Trump never appeases the left.

Left and right are irreconcilable now, and accross the West we’re witnessing a shift to the right, with a few exceptions.

The Canadian Conservative leader is immense, I love how he exposes lying journalists

2 Likes