US Election 2024 antics

Trump himself has stated that he’d behave like a dictator on day one should he win the presidency. And although he has claimed that he has nothing to do with project 2025, everything about that document (its content, its authors, its sponsors) are aligned with Trump. And project 2025 is, in its primary goal, aimed at rapidly establishing an administration structure & staff to enable and deliver Trump’s plans and decisions without challenge. That is beginning to sound quite dictator-like. So let’s go with dictator-lite.
As for fascist - well he is certainly pushing the ant-immigrant line hard and stirring up popular opinion against incomers (legal and illegal). So not the jackboot fascism we know from history but some of the trappings that underpinned fascism. So fascist-lite.
Thus I’d say you are correct to challenge the claim that Trump is a fascist dictator. He is a diet version of that - but that’s not something to want.

What was the whole statement? Because on day one, he would close the border and drill baby drill.

And the reported stated, that’s not retribution.

Not using a whole statement is a lie. Again,same as the COVID statement he made. Half the statement is a lie. Looks like more then one hereditary lier.

That is like saying that all the British people are connected to the kings rule in 1500 and 1600 that introduced slavery to North America, are there by supporters of slavery.
That just doesn’t make sense, no matter how one tries to phrase it.

And I ask you the same.
What proof or facts do you have to back that statement. Truth/fact not so two bit accusation.

His(Trumps) politics /policies, actions, and supporters.tell all you need to know.

There is a good sigh for lack of knowledge of the subject. People are not against legal immigration, they are against illegal immigration. Learn the difference. There is a word for that.

1 Like

Thanks for proof/facts? Followed up with a good example.

"“You know, there’s a handful of people that run everything. That’s a fact, I’m not some conspiracy nut. A handful, very small, elite run and own these corporations, which include the mainstream media. I have this feeling that whoever’s elected president… when you win, you go into this smoky room with the twelve industrialists capitalists scum-fucks who got you in there. And a big guy with a cigar goes: ‘Roll the film.’ And it’s a shot of the Kennedy Assassination from an angle you’ve never seen before. It looks suspiciously off the grassy knoll. Then the screen comes up, and they go to the new president: ‘Any questions?’”

• Bill Hicks, Rant in E-Minor (1993)

So he’s actually admitting you can’t believe anything he says.An honest politician? :grinning:

That is a poor comparison. Given that one of the biggest contributors to the Republicans and to Trump are also the principle funder of the author of the Project 2025 (Koch) it really looks like a plan for Trump. Plus a principle contributor to that plan is no other than Steve Bannon, who has been side by side with Trump all along. This is not an abstracted connection, this planning how to change the way the US is run and governed should Trump win.

That is a lot of what if, being used as a conspiracy theory or deflection.

Why don’t you run with this story.

While Harris has openly condemned Epstein’s actions, critics often highlight her ties to individuals who were associated with him.

You for got something from the same article. Convenient to leave out the whole statement.

Somehow, that’s a joke written by a comic who died 23 years ago.

And as Walter Cronkite says, and now the rest of the story.

Again, don’t know the truth if is bit you in the ***

I thought everyone knew Bill Hicks was a comedian and not to be taken seriously.ie:A joke!

1 Like

You think? You think there is no racism in the US and everyone is very happy to live with neighbours of different races and skin colours? You think people don’t look at people gaining the right to work legally are not viewed as taking people’s jobs?
There is zero evidence for that and lots of evidence to the contrary. Trump is playing to people’s prejudices because many people are prejudiced.

I am really looking forward to the US election this time and am hoping with all my might that Harris wins and that when she does it doesn’t lead to civil disruption from the opposition .
My son stayed up and watched the Harris/Trump debate last week and he said Harris performed well.
There are some wonderful Memes around of dogs and cats talking about Trump after his ludicrous statement about immigrants eating pets during the debate .

I don’t know if anyone here has been listening to ‘The coming storm’ introduced by Gabriel Gatehouse on radio 4, a new series is just starting. It is a complete revelation about US politics and the many conspiracy theorists .
I thought the UK was in a mess these days but the USA brings a whole new meaning to weird.

Unlike Trump who was directly associated with him. I’m surprised that you want to raise this.

I can’t find any reference to ‘pursue a devious course’ Bruce…Avoidance, perhaps, but nothing about devious…
:thinking:

1 Like

Did I say there was no racism here? This country has racism just like anywhere else. You making up accusations again! Don’t care what jobs they do as long as they are legally authorized to work.

Thanks for proof/facts? Followed up with a good example.

1 Like

I don’t know how to post a PDF file but I have an arrest report about 6 hati people for killing ducks in the park and taking them home to eat and on the Internet, a story about a s. Africa and American killing and eat a cat.
They are not exact matches but they are close