Trump & Covid

Ex-governor who helped Trump with debate has Covid-19

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54382914

Former Republican governor of New Jersey Chris Christie - who was among several people to help Donald Trump prepare for Tuesday’s debate against Joe Biden - says he has tested positive for Covid-19 and will receive medical attention.

On Friday he told US media that no one had been wearing masks when he and others sat down with Trump to prepare for Tuesday’s televised debate.

“No one was wearing masks in the room when we were prepping the president during that period of time. And the group was about five or six people, in total,” he said.

Those present reportedly include Trump, his aide Hope Hicks and his campaign manager Bill Stepien - who have all tested positive - as well as his lawyer Rudy Giuliani and adviser Stephen Miller.

The reason I added this cartoon isn’t because I’m uncaring.
I find it somewhat of an oxymoron that the man who claimed that this virus is nothing more than a flu and all people need to do who have it is take a bit of bleach to disinfect their whole system. :lol:

I hope the two of them recover swiftly.

He’s posted a video of himself from the hospital to try to reassure people after conflicting messages. He looks really ill IMO. The medical update by the docs was interesting.

It does not look to me that he is recovering. Age is not on his side. The disease is such a lottery. Any recovery (based on his appearance tonight) will not be swift.

It doesn’t appear that anyone recovers from this swiftly.
According to many sources he was confirmed positive days before stating he had it, possibly affecting hundreds of others.
In interviews he doesn’t refer to it as covid 19 virus but says ‘whatever it is.’ :shock:

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-covid-19-updates-saturday/index.html

Hi

Exactly my thoughts.:023:

Hi

That is so, so, true.

So many conflicting reports.

Poor Melania! I bet she was looking forward to being isolated from 'im indoors!
Then he goes down with it!
Do you think she called the ambulance?

Perfect - -i think you’ve nailed it. After his debate debacle, I think his “team” his decided that this is the perfect way to avoid any further debates. He can’t just bail out - that would look cowardly but this may gain some sympathy voters.

They could also claim that standing for such a long period caused his “bone spurs” to flare up. He avoided military service due to the “spurs” , why not a debate?

That’s interesting . He had them at a young age then ? Which area are the bone spurs in?

Trump’s ‘body man’ becomes latest White House staffer to catch COVID

Head of Oval Office Operations Nicholas Luna contracts coronavirus after contact with Hope Hicks.

Luna’s ‘body man’ responsibilities range from handling Trump’s papers and speech texts to being ready with everything the president may need from briefing books to pens for autographs.

I guess the UK equivalent is “Groom of the Stool” … :roll:

Trump to stay in hospital ‘for a period of time’

National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien has said Trump will stay in hospital “for a period of time”.

O’Brien told CBS News that Trump “actually wants to get back to the White House and get back to work, but I think he’s going to stay a Walter Reed [Medical Center] for at least another period of time”.

He added that days seven and eight are “the critical days” for someone with Covid-19, and that “the doctors want to make sure that they’re there for the president and he’s getting the best treatment and he’s doing well”.

• All things being equal … :!:

ETA:

The president’s medical team has said that Donald Trump had two episodes of blood oxygen drops, one of which required two litres of supplemental oxygen, and has completed his second dose of Remdesivir.

The old left-hand/right-hand syndrome … :027:

What did we learn from Dr Conley’s update?

The briefing with Trump’s medical team is now over. Here’s what we’ve learned:

[LIST]
[]Trump is being treated with [B]dexamethasone[/B], a steroid that’s given to patients with severe or critical Covid-19, in order to help their lung function
[]Despite this, Dr Sean Conley says the team was planning for Trump to potentially be discharged from Walter Reed Medical Center as early as Monday, to continue his course of treatment at the White House
[
]The president has had two dips in his oxygen saturation level since Thursday - one episode where it fell below 94% and another where it was below 93%
[*]Dr Conley recommended the president be given supplemental oxygen. Although Trump was adamant that he didn’t need it ,he was given oxygen

[/LIST]

• What is dexamethasone?

Dexamethasone is a steroid - a medicine that reduces inflammation by mimicking anti-inflammatory hormones produced by the body.

Coronavirus infection triggers inflammation as the body tries to fight it off.

But sometimes the immune system goes into overdrive and it’s this reaction that can prove fatal - the very reaction designed to attack infection ends up attacking the body’s own cells.

Dexamethasone calms this effect.

It’s only suitable for people who are already in hospital and receiving oxygen or mechanical ventilation - the most unwell.

So, OT1H, Trump’s fine and can recover at the White House but, OTOH, he’s ill enough to require specific steroid support on top of all the other drugs that he’s taking … :shock:

My interpretation was that he has been infected for almost a couple of weeks. About five days to show symptoms and then it takes another few days to deteriorate to the point of low oxygen.

Trump briefly leaves hospital to greet supporters

US President Donald Trump has surprised supporters gathered outside the hospital where he is being treated with Covid-19 by riding past in a motorcade. Wearing a mask, the president waved inside a car moments after tweeting that he would pay a “surprise visit”.

In the tweet, the president said: “I learned a lot about Covid. I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This isn’t the let’s read the books school. I get it and I understand it. It’s a very interesting thing B[/B], I’ll be letting you know about it.”

Trump’s photo op raises new questions about how seriously he takes the virus

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-alternate-reality/index.html

In the midst of an aggressive course of treatment for coronavirus, President Donald Trump left the hospital with his security detail Sunday so he could ride in an SUV past supporters cheering him on outside Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

The short trip, where Trump waved to his supporters through the window while wearing a mask in the back of his SUV, was an attempted show of strength that displayed the President’s questionable judgment, his willingness to endanger his staff and the fact that he still does not seem to comprehend the seriousness of a highly contagious and deadly disease.

An attending physician at Walter Reed harshly criticized Trump’s movement as a risk to the lives of Secret Service agents who accompanied him in his SUV.

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity,” Dr. James Phillips tweeted.

Insanity, indeed …:shock:

He really is silly beyond belief.

Vote for a clown - expect a circus!

True … :lol:

Could be a body double in that car under the mask.

TessA, l wondered that!

How do we know he wasn’t deliberately infected? I think also they are being a bit cagey about the true extent of his condition.