Trump & Covid

Not sure whether to put this in Health or Politics or here?

According to the News just now, Trump and his wife have both tested positive for Covid. :shock:

1 Like

Coronavirus: Donald Trump and Melania test positive

Donald Trump has said he and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for coronavirus and are now in quarantine.

The US President is aged 74 and therefore in a high-risk group. According to Mr Trump’s most recent physical examination earlier this year, he weighed 244lb (110.7kg). This is considered to be obese for his height of 1.9m (6.3ft).

The announcement comes after one of his closest aides tested positive for coronavirus. Earlier on Thursday, Mr Trump said he and his wife, who is 50, were going into quarantine after a positive test on Hope Hicks, the 31-year-old adviser to the president

She travelled with him on Air Force One to the first presidential TV debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden in Ohio on Tuesday. Some of Mr Trump’s family members who attended the debate were seen not wearing masks. Mr Trump has mostly spurned mask-wearing and has often been pictured not socially distanced with aides or others during official engagements.

Mr Trump’s physician, Dr Sean Conley, released a statement, saying the president and the first lady were “both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence. Rest assured I expect the president to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments,” the statement said.

America’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says a person must go in quarantine for 10 days after a positive test. It is not clear how Mr Trump’s positive test will affect arrangements for the second presidential debate, which is scheduled for 15 October in Miami, Florida.

Anthony Zurcher - Comment:

A week after Donald Trump told Americans not to worry about Covid-19 because “it affects virtually nobody” except the elderly and those with heart conditions, the president himself has tested positive for the virus.

Just two days ago, during the first debate, Trump belittled Democratic opponent Joe Biden for frequently wearing masks and not having campaign rallies that matched his own in size.

Now, the White House and the campaign will have to answer why the president took such a seemingly cavalier attitude toward protecting himself - and how many others in the White House and the higher echelons of the US government may have been exposed.

Indeed 
 :!:

Hope they all recover well.

Hi

He has been the one most scathing about it and refusing to wear a mask and social distance.

He will not be affected, all he needs to do is inject himself with disinfectant as he has been encouraging others to do.

Hmm. Not that I am cynical or anything - but - soon to follow:-

Trump hospitalised with breathing difficulties.

Trump in a critical condition.

Trump survives C19 scare, and wins election

I believe it is known as a ‘sympathy vote’!

“You might think that; I couldn’t possibly comment”

:shock:

I’m sorry to hear they have Covid and I hope neither of them get really ill. Donald is at a disadvantage agewise.

To be honest if I was voting for someone I would hardly change my vote and confidence in someone just because they had gotten ill. I do get where you are coming from though.

Indeed, Mr Urquhart!

I wish them both well, a worrying time for them.

If they really do have have C19 - they will have the best of care.

He’s been on the hydroxychloroquine, I hope he knows it’s not a good idea to take it when infected with the virus.

Ironically:

President Donald Trump on Thursday told Americans the end of the Covid-19 pandemic “is in sight” - hours before he and Melania tested positive for the disease.

“Through advances in treatment we have reduced the fatality rate by 85 per cent since just April,” Mr Trump, 74, told the annual Al Smith dinner, held online this year due to the pandemic.

“We’re on track to develop and distribute our vaccine before the end of the year, maybe substantially before. And I just want to say that the end of the pandemic is in sight,” he added.

But covid doesn’t care if you are rich or poor so even the best of care coukdnt stop him dying if he got it bad enough, i hope he and his wife dont end up needing that care and suffers only mild symptoms .

I dont like him but I am sorry he has covid-19 ,

You never can tell with American politics. We think our politicians are bad with their lies and more lies but American politics is much worse. I had the misfortune of being in the US during an election campaign. I don’t wish Covid on anyone so I hope they both recover well.

Trump Covid: US president has mild symptoms - White House

Mr Trump’s chief of staff said the president was “on the job” and “in good spirits”, adding that he expected him to make a quick recovery.

The news comes just over a month before presidential elections, where he will face Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

Mr Biden himself and his wife Jill tested negative on Friday.

“I hope this serves as a reminder,” he tweeted after the result. “Wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands.”

Other close members of Mr Trump’s family have tested negative.

Trump has “mild symptoms” and will make a “quick recovery” 
 :wink:

:023:

Breaking news - President Trump has been taken to hospital

Mr Trump began exhibiting “mild symptoms” of Covid-19 on Thursday after disclosing that he and his wife had gone into quarantine late Wednesday.
He received a cocktail of drugs as a “precautionary measure”, the White House said, and was feeling “fatigued but in good spirits”

I’d be very surprised if his aides and ‘yes men’ release the truth to the press.
They have to say what they are told to say.

When Boris went into hospital he went downhill quite quickly, I hope that doesn’t happen to Trump 
 I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. :frowning: