Photos to share anybody?

From Scotland…

6 Likes

how do you know the squirrel is scottish

only joking nice photos

2 Likes

Cos I’m a Scotsman from Scotland - from Scotland !

3 Likes

Our Red Squirrels are defo Frenchies…

My Nana Lou (Louise) she spent as much time up in Scotland as possible whilst Grandad Bert (Herbert) had a fishing boat at Newhaven Sussex so that and the Booze where his Hobbies but not Nana’s

1 Like

We had those near black Dunstable :slight_smile: :

5 Likes

Have you ever spotted any Albino Squirrels I wondered?
One time there were two near us in Bexhill on Sea…Sadly with the increase in the traffic along our Pebsham Lane and the Pebsham Farm that adjoined us had slowly but surely they changed direction to business’s instead…they both where found dead having been run over…

Not that I am aware of…

Herbert sounded like an interesting guy.

1 Like

Yes always with us at parents place at Xmas and their job was the washing and drying up…they laughed their socks off not sure it the booze was to blame or the overeating side effects!

Some great photos and interesting stories Dianne, good choice of topic… :+1:

so that was Xmas 1969, so somewhere in Dad’s Bungee was my newly born twins…4 weeks old yuk I say…so that’s Anthony who inherited all my parents wealth, he even lives in that property now as well…the girl is my Sister First…He was an extremely good looking baby…shame he is now looking like an all in Wrestler…

2 Likes

Herbert looks like a responsible drinker!!!

No way he had a friend who we called and Uncle Doug…now Dougie worked at the Newhaven Customs…say no more 200 proof lol fell into his hand…guess it was much less maybe 120% proof, but it was like firewater…he rolled his own Old Holborn and he was old when he passed but he had Lung Cancer and My Dad and My Husband had the 'orried job of lifting him off the floor to the bed,He was a dead weight…dead people are. Nana had dementia at that period and she just carried on as before…never really twigged what occurred

See, under certain circumstances, certain dreaded ailments can be a sort of blessing

Really into this prepping malarkey now, building up a stock of the essentials

3 Likes

OOOOoooo liking yours do you wanna see mine now, :grinning:

Go on then, you only live once :grin:

1 Like

got that Mister Bond…I drink Coffee though as I don’t like milk really
The Corn Beef is actually French and the Manufacture is not so far from here either…Tis Hereford Beef so you get the full Specs dak ar…

Very nice!!!

This is true, its well known by folks on here I enjoy my beer, but about two years, I bought shame on the household. I never used to crush my empty cans, just toss them straight into the recycling wheelie bin. Well, a wheelie bin full of empty cans and cardboard don’t weigh much and was wheeled out for collection on bin day, well, it was windy and before long, the bloody bin blew over and living on a hill an avalanche of tins made a bid for freedom, at least four of our immediate neighbours ran over to stem the flow :laughing: :laughing:
I now systematically flatten each tin before disposal :grin:

1 Like

yes that was Fun :grin:I quite like beer depends, it is a long drink that is important! I like Wine of late but it dont like me so if thirsty as well as wanting some alcohol I like sharpish Cider but cannot recall when I had any…hic oooo haha
I started off as a kid and drank neat Vodka but really was the Ponche that done me… so I never would have spirits, well ok on Ghosts but think maybe they just don’t recycle like some seem to do…seen them one brandy or whiskey after another…Grandad had his own area in the Shirley Poppy that was in Wickham Road Shirley… nearby to their Hardware Stores they owned…he would be responsible for the Pub Owners Wealth…