Over 50's Club Scotland

Evening all sorry May didn’t mean to offend
you I know both you and Rox will get through your trials with flying colours. Just don’t want you to overdo it. But you know your own strengths and will soldier on at your own pace.
Nothing much on the telly tonight. Bored and could eat a horse. Will watch Madame Blanc nothing like Happy Valley though, will be sorry when that ends.

2 Likes

Good morning Folks,another freezing cold one here but the sun’s coming out now so that should brighten Our day up…may hang the bedding out on the line later,
This is the kind of day when I loved to go out for a long yomp,but that will have to be put on the back boiler for a wee while longer…Being in bed and sitting a lot over the past few weeks hasn’t done My spine or arthritic joints much good,so started My stretching exercises again,in the shower where it’s easier,…I’ll have to also stop this comfort eating,ended up making chips in the airfryer at 9pm last night :roll_eyes:…I did this after I had My knee replacement too and ended up gaining 20 lbs…took Me 4 months on a health kick to get rid of it,
How are You feeling this morning Rox? You know You can e mail Me if You want to vent or have a good moan, :wink:

Hope everyone else is ok,see Ye A’ later,xx

1 Like

Good morning everybody. Another cold frosty one here as well May. Got as Air Fryer for Christmas but still haven’t used it yet. May you’ll soon lose the weight as your a very determined person, the same as you Jean. Some food shopping today and then the hairdressers this afternoon and getting my nails done.

1 Like

Morning All, Really cold here this morning even put the heating on for a couple of hours. Temperature is supposed to be on the rise again from today. I managed to gather some washing and bung it in the machine, Regan is pegging it out at the moment. Trying to do more for myself as I need to move more and it makes me feel better for having done it. Wish the OT people would get here and I can get into the shower for a proper wash, as for my hair :flushed: :shower: I’ve got it in a plait but it feels horrible. Have a good day everyone.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Don’t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ‘over 50s in Scotland’ will be more likely to spot the forum… and… hopefully… register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good evening. Rox well done on managing to get a washing done, know what you mean about getting your done. Had mine cut and coloured today, she even gave me a bottle of wine. Old couches are now gone, my niece took them for her new house. Going to have some soup to heat me up and then some pizza.

1 Like

Morning, 3am and here I am wide awake.Got up to the toilet then went on into the kitchen and got an ice pack out of the freezer, now back in bed with it on my knee…Bliss. The ice fair helps to draw the pain out.
Think it’s meant to be a nice day, hope so I like seeing the cloudless blue sky through the window, cheers me up a bit. No frost out there just now and the cars are clear. Nothing planned for today, more of the same old same old.
Enjoy your W/E Everyone.

Good morning Each,I woke up an hour after You Rox @ 4am couldn’t get back to sleep so made some tea & toast watched a couple of news channels spouting crap,fell asleep again on the sofa around 7,now I’m just feeling sluggish and out of sorts…I hate when that happens,ruins My day…was supposed to be going to Dunelm Mill & The Range with My Daughter for some soft furnishings etc’,but I’m not up to it now…On the plus side it’s a nice mild sunny day here so hope You All enjoy it,
Signed
Moaning Minnie,
:laughing:

1 Like

Good morning everybody. Rox hope you managed to get some sleep after waking up that time of the morning… Looks like there was some frost out there this morning. Dyson is going for a walk round the living room where the old suite was. Need some food shopping later and maybe walk down to Renfrew for it.

1 Like

Good evening all. Went a 5 k walk this morning first for ages. Legs sore for the rest of the day. Shows how unfit I am.
Having a pizza and Rose wine for dinner. Usually red these days but took a notion for Rose. TV is rubbish tonight but my wee Grandaughter bought me some paperbacks for Christmas so still have one to read.
Hope you are feeling better Rox and that you and May get a good sleep tonight.
You will be looking forward to getting your new sofas Soon Jess.
So enjoy the rest of your Saturday everyone.

1 Like

Good morning everybody. May and Rox, hope your both feeling a lot better this morning. Snap Jean I had some Rose wine last night, bought to go with a lasgne from there but I didn’t enjoy the lasgne. Seen some nice cushions yesterday in Next, so will probably go back and buy then,

1 Like

Good morning Each…just…slept like a log for My usual 8 hours thank goodness…Going to Daughters for Sunday
lunch…SIL making steaks so I imagine there will be a glass or two of red wine to go with…it’ll be the first since well before xmas as that was just a blurr,
As for My weight…well…common sense tells Me the only time I need to be concerned at My age is if I start to lose weight without trying…so.’.I’ll eat when I’m hungry and I’ll drink when I’m dry,and if the red wine don’t get Me I’ll live ‘til I die’ :laughing:

1 Like

Morning All, Yes had quite a good night thanks. Got myself up, through to toilet then kitchen, made a latte, got another ice pack out of the freezer and got through to my chair in the living room. Put my thick cardie on and covered my legs with the tartan travel rug as it was cold. Ended up going back through and doing a hot water bottle to try and warm up. Not able to light the gas fire yet as it’s quite a struggle for me. Regan wasn’t long so it all worked out well.
Such a wind getting up the now, hope my fence will stay put. Soon be time to get up for another walkabout, trying it every hour.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Don’t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ‘over 50s in Scotland’ will be more likely to spot the forum… and… hopefully… register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good evening all. Windy here and wet too. Went into Glasgow to M and S. used to have one in Hamilton and also in East Kilbride now it just food shops. Was going to go to the Fort but too windy for that. Glad to hear that Rox and May had a better sleep. Last night
I woke up shouting and bawling jumped out my bed didn’t know where I was. Took me a wee while to calm down but then slept fine.
Going to have chicken roast potatoes and veg. Get a big chicken then can make a curry or chicken pie with the leftovers. Sometimes soup with the carcass. Got another bottle of Rose so cheers Jessie, Rox and May and everyone else looking in.:wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

Good morning everybody. Rox seems like your starting to do a bit more each day, but don’t over do it. May hope you enjoyed your steak dinner and red wine yesterday, not drank red wine for a few years now doesn’t agree with me. Jean same with you and your chicken dinner. I had chicken breasts from M&S yesterday but didn’t enjoy them. M&S are finally opening a food hall this year in Largs, after living there for 19 years. Sat here already waiting for my new couches to arrive later this afternoon.

Morning Jess and all who follow. Hope your couches arrive soon. I have no patience waiting for deliveries
. My Daughter popped in for coffee was quite glad as I have a huge ironing to do and can’t be bothered.
OMG Happy Valley! Sundays won’t be the same after next week. I read that they have filmed several different endings so who knows!
Ironing won’t go away so must make a start.
Hope May and Rox are ok. See you all later

Morning, Nice here and we have washing out on the ropes for a while. Trying something new every day with Regan or David hovering over me…Just incase. Just had a latte and some toast really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Sounds like you are on the mend, Rox. And we are rooting for you!

1 Like

Good afternoon, couches have arrived and really comfortable, quite pleased I had to wait while they were being made. Now have to start looking at more furniture for the rest of the house. Jean do you want tod my ironing, only joking. Rox that’s good that you are trying something different every day and your family are there to support you.

1 Like