Over 50's Club Scotland

Good morning All,though not very good for Me as I tested positive for covid yesterday…cancelled dinner at Daughters on Sunday as I felt worse as the day went on…I couldn’t believe it when the 2 lines on the test kit came up orange!!!
I’ve also spent all morning trying to get through to Hairmyers Hosp’ to cancel My app’t at the Opthalmology clinic tomorrow,all I get is recorded messages :grimacing:…maybe They’d like Me to turn up and spread it around…grr…so much for missed appointments costing the NHS so much money!!!..I’m fed up to My back teeth with being sick!!!

Oh Nooooooo May, I’m so sorry you caught the dreaded bug. Hopefully it will be a really mild dose. :disappointed_relieved: I was worried about getting it while I was in Ninewells as it was closing wards in there.

Found this old photo from the Dundee Swimming Pool, it was taken when the kids were young and we were there for a visit. This was the adult flume ride and muggins here was enjoying the slow ones, and then climbed up the long ladder to try this one…totally forgetting there was a 25 foot drop when you shot out the end. I remember the awful fright of falling helplessly through the air at top speed lol. Then landing in a very, very, deep pool, most undignified lol thank heavens there were no mobile phones in those days.

2 Likes

Good Morning May so sorry to hear you have the dreaded COVID. You must be pig sick of being unwell. Roll on the Spring May. Rox hope you are still making progress.
My Year started with Covid for 2nd time then Wee Sophie broke her elbow then I did my back in also broke a crown but nothing like you 2 have had to contend with and I know how scunnered I felt.
So sending good vibes to you both.
Glad you are liking your sofas Jess.
See you all later.

1 Like

Good afternoon everybody. May sorry to hear you have covid and had to cancel your dinner on Sunday, hope you get through to the Hospital to cancel the appointment. Rox the last time I was in a pool like that was at Butlins, I was a coward and didn’t go on any of the Flumes. Jean yes I’m enjoying my sofas and had the seal of approval from the nieces and Joseph. Got a lift to Ikea today its amazing all the things they have in there. Got dropped off at Sainsbury’s and got some food stuff in there. Enjoy your evening.

2 Likes

H all. We had a good long this morning, over an hour in the blustery wind. I had medication for the doctor’s office and then next door to the vet’s office to get Max weighed - 35 kg. He is a big dog. Then we had a few deliveries - wipes and bog rolls.

1 Like

Hi Rox - trust that your leg is improving. I’m sure you have asked this before but where in Scotland are you living? Just roughly.

At the moment I’m at my own house in Perth. I’m mostly up at my partners farm on the North Coast, a few miles from Thurso. I have to return to Ninewells towards the end of February to see the surgeon for xrays and a check, so I’ll be here for a while yet.

Thank you, Rox. I know Perth pretty well. As it happens my cousin had a fractured leg last winter. He had a checkup yesterday - at Ninewells. Rather a coincidence…

1 Like

Feeling a bit miserable tonight,We were both looking forward to getting the ferry to Lerwick yesterday for the return of “Up HellyAa”. We go most years and because of my stupid fall we can’t be there.:cry: It’s been cancelled the past 2 years because of covid,so this year would have been extra special.

Good morning Each,don’t know what the weathers like as it’s still dark…haven’t slept…I’m bored with Myself complaining about My health which just seems to be one thing after another…so…I won’t come back until I test negative…I think this covid may be the straw which breaks this old camels back,

Fab’ You’re improving every day Rox and very well done, :clap:

See Ye A’ soon…I hope,xxx

Morning, May your feeling so down, and I know just how that is. I hope you feel better very soon. A pal of yours (R) over on the PF was asking after you and hopes you might visit soon.
I’m struggling to get warm today, feet are like ice and I came back to bed for a while, till Regan gets here and gets the fire on. I can’t do that yet, too much weight on the bad leg when bending down to the control, would topple over. It’s dry here but that’s all I can say for it.
Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Good morning all. May I tested negative on the 7th day this time. Hope you feel better soon.
It is quite bright here but who knows what kind of day it will be. My SIL. is coming tonight so need to get some housework done. I have become so lazy.
Hope you are doing ok Rox and getting heated up.
See you all later,

1 Like

Good morning everybody. May come summer time and you’ll be out in your summerhouse, keep your chin up. Rox hope you’ve heated up by now, I wear slipper socks they keep my feet nice and warm. Jean nice and bright here at the moment, getting ready to go out soon to Renfrew.

1 Like

Yes much warmer now thanks, don’t know why I started to freeze. Wall to wall blue sky out there just now, just the sort of day I enjoy a winter walk with Dagues. Waiting on my David to come and walk him, hope he’s not much longer as Dageus is getting restless.
Hoping to get my hair washed later, hate when I can’t get in the shower, still waiting on those blooming OTs to get here and sort out the bathroom…fume.
I wore slipper socks in the hospital and for a few days after a I got home, I couldn’t get my slippers on because of all the swelling.

1 Like

Good morning wet and windy here. Rox hope David turned up on time to take Dageus for his walk. May how are you feeling this morning ? Jean hope you had a good natter with your sister in law last night. Some housework and then over to Braehead I want to get a few new jumpers .

1 Like

Good afternoon All,I’m feeling a bit better today Jessie thanks,except for one thing…My sense of smell and taste has gone…it was fine this morning when I had branflakes with blueberries for breakfast,but I made a cottage pie for lunch…steak mince,onions,carrots,creamed tatties with grated cheese on top…I may as well have been eating a hot plate of wallpaper paste!!..tried sniffing all My perfumes too…nothing…jeeze…how long will this last,anyone know?

Good evening all. May my Son lost his sense of taste and smell about 3 days into his covid. Lasted about a week but he maintains it is not as good as it was before Covid. I never lost either on both my bouts of COVID. Hope you feel better soon. This covid is a pain in the bahookie!
Hope you are good Rox.
Jess hope you got some nice jumpers.
I was up watching the g/kids after school and back all day tomorrow as their schools are on strike but my Daughter’s school isn’t. So it’s 8 til 6 for me tomorrow having a wee shiraz tonight to fortify me for that lol!
See you all tomorrow.

Evening, Very windy here with showers. Had a rough day, lots of pain, more than usual. Makes me feel really miserable, only 7pm but I’m all tucked up in bed with an audio book. Not sure if I’ll listen or try to sleep.
Anyway had more than enough of today and it’s pain. So I’ll say goodnight.

Good morning Each,had an early night and slept right through until 6am so thankful for that,
‘NIL CARBORUNDUM ILLEGITIMI’ is a phrase I’ve used often in English & Gaelic on here mainly towards People & Politicians…but today it’s directed at virus’s & frozen icy patches on pavements/roads…for Rox,Bonnie & Her G,Daughter,and Me…We will recover,hopefully,…
Sorry You are still in so much pain Rox (((((((((hugs)))))))))
No point in Me making breakfast as I can’t taste anything so it’ll be a glass of milk and an orange,then ice lollies for lunch,at least they will sooth My painful throat & sinuses,
Catch Ye A’ later…mibbe xx

1 Like

Good morning everybody. May sorry to hear you’ve lost your sense of taste it’s a horrible feeling. Roads and pavements now are terrible they just don’t bother putting grit down on the roads. Rox hope your feeling a lot better this morning and the pain is starting to ease off now. Jean a long day for you today with the grandchildren, hope you enjoyed the Shiraz last night. Bought myself a pink coloured lepard skin sweat shirt yesterday. Going out for lunch later with Elizabeth and Libby, then the hairdressers.

1 Like