Over 50's Club Scotland

Hi Rox, you all certainly donā€™t do anything by half. Yes all nice and relaxed thanks, hairdressers this afternoon looking forward to that.

1 Like

Good morning all. Great to see you back Jess. Rox you sound a bit brighter. Enjoy your tuna cucumber roll. Still no word from May hope she is ok.
My back and my cough are a bit better today so pleased about that. Up watching Sophie she is a wee trooper. She has to go back to hosp on Tuesday and will get an X-ray and then a new cast or an operation.
Bad start to this year for some of us on here but a bad start makes a good ending.
Sending hugs to Rox and May and a welcome back one to Jess and one for anyone else who needs it. . Hope everyone has a good Friday

2 Likes

Good Afternoon Each,Iā€™m feeling much better thanks and on the road to recovery,but been told by Docā€™ not to venture walking outside until the tempā€™ rises so hopefully that may be over the weekend,
Weā€¦Rox,Bonnie,Caveman wonā€™t forget this Winter with all Our health problems,and I hope You all continue to get back to good health soon, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also think that the lockdowns + all those covid vaccines + boosters+ flu jags have fecked up My immune system somehow,I remember just after getting the last One in October I started feeling a bit breathless when doing anything physical,didnā€™t put the two together but now Iā€™m wonderingā€¦I donā€™t suppose the Govā€™ or Their puppet masters would admit it though so Iā€™ll never knowā€¦ but what I do know is I wonā€™t be going for any more jagsā€¦ enough is enough!!!

Hiya Jessie nice to see You back from the sunshine,Youā€™ll be feeling the cold now as itā€™s -2 here atm.

See Ye aā€™ later xx

1 Like

Aww,the wee Soul,hope She feels better soon too Jean,xx

1 Like

Jean glad to hear your feeling better today, poor Sophie hope she hasnā€™t broken here elbow. May glad your feeling better also, do what the doctor tells you. Itā€™s about one degree here so will watch where Iā€™m walking when I walk round to the hairdressers.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Morning all good to see you back May! You canā€™t keep a good wummin doon!
Watching Andy Murray in the Australian tennis today. My goodness what a warrior he is, he does deserve to win.
Have heat on my back today then going for a walk my Son insists I need to exercise this off!
Enjoy your day everyone hope you are progressing Rox.

1 Like

Good morning All You good Peopleā€¦(Iā€™m ignoring the bot) :zipper_mouth_face:
A wet drizzly one here but itā€™s got rid of the frost thank goodness,

Aye what a fighter the big Man is Bonnieā€¦epicā€¦Ye cannae hurry a Murrayā€¦I should know :laughing:

I think I need to start exercising again too Jean but itā€™ll have to be indoors for a wee while longerā€¦stillā€¦Weā€™ll all soon be back to normalā€¦eh!!..who said I was ever (normal) :rofl:

Morning, Bit wet here today too but itā€™s not as cold as the bitter bite has gone. Still in my chair and doing exercises, also walks through to the dining room and toilet a few times a day. Itā€™s getting slightly easier except for that awful pain in the kneeā€¦ If that would just ease then things would be be so much better. Thank Heavens I have that zimmer I canā€™t move without it.
Anyways have a good day everyone.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good afternoon everybody. Glad to hear your all feeling better keep up the exercise ladies. May my mum was a Murray. A few showers here earlier but the sun is trying to make an appearance. Had a phone call to say the couches have arrived, went and paid for them now waiting on a delivery time.

Just above the freezing level here, 3 or 4 degrees and no overnight frost in the near future according to the weather forecast.
Same old routine for me today, exercises, walking, reading and snuggling with Dagues.
Still not getting used to my armchair life but I have to get on with it for a while longer yet. Iā€™m such an outdoor person I find it very difficult keeping my bahookie in one place.
Enjoy your day everyone. :hugs:

1 Like

Feels a bit warmer here today, its raining so Iā€™ll probably stay home. Trying to get everything into some order, tree is still in the house along with the decorations. Waiting till there is a bit more space in the garage before I can put them away.

Afternoon all. Warmer here too. 6 degrees outside and drizzly. Need to get changed had a roll on sausage with brown sauce for lunch and just scooted it all down my jumper! Lol.
Going to Asda to collect a curling tong i ordered on line.
Finished my Sunday paper crossword. I am getting slower than I used to be always have to check my spelling. Used to be a good speller but suppose I donā€™t write much these days.
Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Good morning everybody, a bit damp looking out there. Jean a roll and sausage isnā€™t the same without brown sauce. Going into town later to meet up with my Monday friends, havenā€™t met them since before Christmas,

Morning All, Much warmer here as well but a bit wet with it. Dageus is just away for a walk with my son so am expecting a mucky Hound to return so towels and hair dryer at the ready on the kitchen bench.
Adding a wee bit more into my walks today, going to head into the kitchen before I return to the chair, see if I can unlock the back door get it open then closed for Dagues. Also need to see if I can change my ice pack get a new one out of the freezer and put the used one back in to refreeze. Just wee things I need to start doing for myself.
Have a nice day people.

1 Like

Afternoon all. Dreich day here but was busy catching up on washing and ironing.
You are definitely making progress Rox slow but sure is the best way.
Hope you get your couches delivered soon, Jess. Your new home must be taking shape now.
Anyone else watching Happy Valley? Couldnā€™t believe what happened last night! Wonā€™t say in case anyone has it taped to watch later.

Rox your making progress but take it easy, youā€™ll be able to do a bit more slowly but surely. Jean Iā€™ve got a washing to get done, will do it later tonight. Going to catch up on Happy Valley on I player. Couches are being delivered next Monday, then Iā€™ll see how much space Iā€™ll have in the living room.

Good morning Each,a milder one here but dampā€¦nevertheless as Iā€™ve not been coughing so much now and sleeping all through the night,I thought Iā€™d venture out for the first time since the week before xmasā€¦big mistakeā€¦I got halfway up the hill to the bus stop and had to turn back as My legs are so weakā€¦jeeze!..breathing not bad but Iā€™m obviously not fit enough yet,just have to be more patientā€¦something Iā€™m not good at :roll_eyes:

Keep up the good work with Your exercises Rox and I know not being able to do the things We have been used to is a PITAā€¦butā€¦keep at it.

See Ye Aā€™ later.xx

PS.Happy Valley is the only thing worth watching on tv now and I look forward to a Sunday Nightā€¦itā€™s riveting.

Good afternoon all
Going up to my Daughters today it is my Grandsons 9th birthday. Sadly for him he doesnā€™t know it but he will like his balloons but doesnā€™t bother with presents. He does seem happy at the moment though. I still hope he will begin to communicate more and understand more. He is still non verbal but takes you to what he wants to eat and drink. We can only hope things will improve for him.
Sophie was at hospital this morning and doesnā€™t need an operation but has a new purple cast on. She never shuts up is full of fun and has understanding and empathy beyond her years. She loves her big brother and looks after him.
Like Rox, May you will need to take baby steps. Hope you are both better soon,
Enjoy your day everyone.