Over 50's Club Scotland

Morning to anyone who looks in. Very busy ward last night, lots of comings and goings along with the accompanying noise. So not to chirpy this morning I’m tired sore and stuck in this horrible chair trying to pluck up the courage to get started on my exercises. All I want is to go back to bed, have a good cry and a decent sleep. SORRRY, Not what you came on here to read, I am not a good patient when I feel like this.
Enjoy your day all who pass through. :pensive:

P. S. Please don’t think I don’t appreciate the care and the nurses ect, I really do and I’m so grateful to the whole lot of them.

Morning Not been on for a long bit, so firstly get better soon Roxy. I know well what its like, one minute its life as normal then for me it was hospital, helicopter then another hospital, Crosshouse that was my home for next six weeks Hospitals not easy but a look round makes you realise there are allot of people worse than you are, even though I felt very sorry for myself. Im sure the hairy one will miss you and you will get better and enjoy another walk The wards are very busy, my first night was a recliner chair but things get better daily and you will be home before you know it and enjoy a snore free night :joy:
Im sure you seen the awful fire in Perth, the man who died lived here till about 3 months ago and to sisters so sad especially this time of the year

May , days seem to get lighter a little bit so wont be long before Easter, well it cant be long as the shops have the Easter eggs in Hope you feel more like your self soon

Nice day today so of for a walk as busy after noon including physio, cheers

1 Like

Belated Happy new year

1 Like

Morning All, Just 6am but I’m awake. This is the time I normally get up and get ready to go for my swim. No swimming for me today though. :sob: Waiting on some pain meds, see if I can tone down the throbbing in my knee a few notches.
Have a good day people. :relieved:

1 Like

Morning all. Hope you feel better soon Rox. Have been AWOL for a week as I caught Covid for the 2nd time last Friday. Hit me like a ton of bricks worse than the first time. Getting over it now just left me with a bad cough and sore joints. Got it from a gathering at New year. Passed it on to my son too who was looking after me!
Anyway nothing like what you are going through Rox. Hope you are on the up too May! Jess will be sunning herself on the beach somewhere.
Went to the Post office and got a paper today that’s it for me feet up doing my crossword. Missed my birthday last Saturday so staying 72 for another year lol!
Enjoy your day everyone.

1 Like

I see from my BBC Weather App that we return to snow and ice tonight. Minus 3 or 4 the next few nights, please please be so very careful people, I feel like I’ve been trapped in hell the last couple of weeks, it’s even worse than my knee replacements were. I would not wish this on anyone.
Good to have you back Bonnie, several of the wards here in Nine Wells are closed again because of Covid.

[quote=“Rox, post:106, topic:94880”]
I feel like I’ve been trapped in hell the last couple of weeks, it’s even worse than my knee replacements were. I would not wish this on anyone.[/quote]

Good advice, Rox. We live in South Yorkshire so maybe it won’t be too bad for us. The lowest is expected to be -3C on Tuesday.

1 Like

Good afternoon hope you are feeling better today Rox. The weather is not too bad here today but it is to get a lot worse later.
Still taking it easy. Can’t stop coughing and spluttering.
Going to have a steak pie for dinner today with tatties and veg. Haven’t got butter beans though always like them with steak pie. Have mostly just been drinking the last few days though Jess and Rox put me the notion for a tuna sandwich which I enjoyed.
Have a good Sunday everyone.

1 Like

Sorry not been on here but things have not been good. Nurse took 50+ clamps out of my leg on Sunday morning THEN, I was sent home, things then went down rapidly. It’s way too soon, but I’m glad I’m here, the kids are here too as Dunc has to return up north.
Anyway last night I was in agony sobbing most of the night, couldn’t get comfortable and the pain just kept coming. Regan phoned the GP at 8am and the Doc called soon after, she said the meds I was on was far too low a dose for what had happened to me, and I am now on a 4mls of morphine every 4 hours with top up pain killers in between. I have not to lie down to sleep it’s to be propped up on a load of pillows with one under the buggered knee. I was put back in bed for a few hours in that position and got some sleep at last. :zzz: I’ve to catch up on sleep over the next few days and then think about exercises once the pain is under control. She also told me I didn’t just break the leg I shattered it, hence the nuts n bolts and massive long surgery. What a mess. :cry:
Regan has to call the GP again on Friday and discuss how it’s going and meds ect.
Sooooo that’s cheerier news.

1 Like

Sorry you are in so much pain Rox. You really are having a bad time. My partner fell and broke her pelvis on the first and is in a lot of pain also but not as much as you I reckon. She takes paracetamol every 4 hours and 2ml of oxycodone morning and night.

1 Like

Evening all sorry to hear about your situation Rox, hope today was better. Hope you are making progress too May. Jess will be back home tomorrow can’t believe that’s her week away over.
I am still not feeling in the pink, permanent cough since November got 2 antibiotics in December but know if I go back again Dr will say it is because I had covid again.
Wee Grandaughter’s has broken her elbow. Was up watching her today. She has a cast on but has to back next Tuesday to see if she needs an operation, if not the say they will put on another cast and it will be purple! She is pleased about that,
Going to have an early night really tired tonight, see you all tomorrow.

1 Like

Goodness … @Rox and @May … sending you both hugs, and hoping you both feel better soon and more like your perky, pesky selves and get back here ASAP.

@Bonnie14 …take it easy, coughs can take time … they just never seem to shift until the milder weather comes. Roll on spring eh.

Hugs to all you lasses and laddies North of the Border.

2 Likes

Oh Bonnie the poor wee thing. I hope she is doing okay. I will be so glad when this wretched winter is over, it’s the worst one for a very long time, not helped by cost cutting left right n centre by every Council.
Not heard from May and we do email each other, but to be honest I think she’s really down just now. Let’s hope Jess is having a good time in some warm sunshine.

1 Like

Thanks Morty, All gratefully accepted. :+1::relieved:

Afternoon all. Hope you are making progress Rox. If we don’t hear from May I will get in touch with her in a couple of weeks
Wee Sophie is very uncomfortable. She was very brave at the hospital…I am going to a funeral today but my Daughter is on strike so she doesn’t need me to go up.
My cousin died on Christmas Eve so has been a long wait for the funeral. I am just going to the service as hove done my back in so can’t sit for long.
Hope all on here have a good day.

2 Likes

Morning, Bright sunshine here it looks lovely through the window, but Regan assures me it really cold out. She is meeting her pal Sam up at Dobbies for coffee at 11am I’ve asked her to bring me back one of their tuna and cucumber baguettes for my lunch if possible.
I think it does her good to get away out from here for a couple of hours every day and it does me good to be on my own too.
I think every family I know has a death of someone around Christmas, for myself it was my dad who died 2 days before the big day.
Am trying to go for wee walks more often but it’s really blooming sore when my full weight is on my knee, but I know I must keep it moving, slowly but surely I’m making progress but pain is the big barrier.

1 Like

Good morning everybody. Got home last night after a week of sunshine and some windy days. Rox sorry to hear your still suffering with your knee, at least your getting help from your family. Enjoy the baguette. May looking forward to when you come back on here again. Jean poor Sophie, hope she isn’t in to much pain, and your back isn’t to sore either. Caveman the same with you hope your not in to much pain.

2 Likes

What a bunch we are. :confused: We don’t do anything by half’s do we. Are you all relaxed and rested after your break Jess?

1 Like

Hi Rox, you all certainly don’t do anything by half. Yes all nice and relaxed thanks, hairdressers this afternoon looking forward to that.

1 Like

Good morning all. Great to see you back Jess. Rox you sound a bit brighter. Enjoy your tuna cucumber roll. Still no word from May hope she is ok.
My back and my cough are a bit better today so pleased about that. Up watching Sophie she is a wee trooper. She has to go back to hosp on Tuesday and will get an X-ray and then a new cast or an operation.
Bad start to this year for some of us on here but a bad start makes a good ending.
Sending hugs to Rox and May and a welcome back one to Jess and one for anyone else who needs it. . Hope everyone has a good Friday

2 Likes