Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Morning Jess, I have the Chiropodist next week, but he comes to me. :wink: Itā€™s dry here and windy but too cold to work in the garden, I may just tidy the greenhouse a bit when I water/feed the tomato plants, it gets in a mess so very quickly, think itā€™s night visitors of the impish variety. :laughing:
Just faffing about here for the rest of the day, then cooking mince and tatties for dinner tonight.

Hi Rox, got my appointment mixed up. I thought it was 12 30 duh it was 12 0 clock, never mind got another for next week. Did some food shopping and got a bottle of wine for later. Will catch up some gardening tomorrow when its a bit warmer.

Morning, Going to have a topsy turvy day today because of my eye test appointment at 9am. I have to take The Hairy One away for his walk early, so leaving shortly. Be at the appointment by 9am hopefully out the back of ten but am parking up at the sea front so I will be able to sit in the car with a coffee untill my eyes clear for driving home. Luckily itā€™s not a long walk back to the car from the opticians. Tesco then home, will maybe get to the pool this afternoon but it will really depend on the weather.

Good morning. Rox I hate when they put the stuff in your eyes, and you cant see properly. Sun is shining at the moment, off to knit and natter group later.

Morning, Mild, muggy and thick cloud this morning, what Dunc calls a Heavy Day, and what I call Headache Weather. :eyes:
Had my swim, done some shopping and walked the Hairy One, so home for the rest of the day, no plans especially just take it as it comes. :hugs:

Afternoon. Funny weather here today cloudy and grey, then it started feeling a bit warmer. Had my hair done then some food shopping. Off out this evening with the Social group to the pub later.

Have fun Jess, we only tend to go out to our village local on a Saturday evening now, if weā€™ve been over at Scrabster for Dinner, otherwise we have become mostly stop at homes. :sweat_smile: I still like to meet my girlfriends for our monthly pub lunch and gossip though. :wink:

Thanks Rox, its once a week and gets us out of the house. Two of my neighbours go so we walk down together and back home. I miss meeting up with work friends, we used to meet up once a month.

Morning, Still headache weather here today, not helped by the fact on my way home the damn PDF Filter light came on in my car on the way back from the pool. :rage: Now Iā€™ll have to drive over to the A9 and belt down the road in 3rd gear fast, untill it clears, bloody thing never ever will I have another diesel car. They were great till some idiot meddled with things and put them on the newer diesel cars.
Planning to work in the garden this afternoon the weeds are on the upā€¦Again.

Good morning. Blue skies here this morning. Rox I donā€™t know what a PDF Filter is on a car. I gave up driving when I moved here 19 years ago. Going into town as I want to get a few things, that I cant get here.

Oops It should be a DPF, I can be such a twerp at times. It stands for Diesel Partical Filter.
Modern diesel cars (since 2009) have to be fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) in the exhaust to stop this soot passing into the atmosphere.
The aim is an 80% cut in particle emissions but the technologyā€™s not without problems and they block often. :rage:

Rox thanks for the explanation on the filter. Got what I needed in town and caught an early train home.

As it decided to turn out really nice I decided to leave the weeding and get on with the repainting of the outside table n chairs. What a difference, and this is only the first coat. :smiley:

Good morning. Looks like its going to be sunny here, so will get some gardening done. Rox love your table and benches. Mine is metal and stays in the garage till I bring out to sit in the sun.

Morning, Hot n humid here again today, :boom: will get through my jobs but at a slower pace than usual as this weather wipes me out. :sleeping:
My table n benches are old railway sleepers that have been spruced up, treated and recycled, they have to sit out all year as they are so heavy, I canā€™t even lift a bench myself.
Just back with Dagues and heā€™s puffing and blowing like mad, even though heā€™s asleep beside an open door.

Got quite warm here today, did a bit of gardening and then some shopping. Rox I donā€™t imagine you would want to move the table and benches by yourself. Poor Daegus , hope the weather cools down for him.

He will feel better next Monday as he is having his summer hair cut. :scissors:. Watch the weather turn cooler by then lol.

Good morning Each,how are You all diddling? :grin:

Iā€™ve been suffering from vertigo for a couple of weeks,
but doing the exercises which seem to be helpingā€¦
have to watch out when Iā€™m bending down or I can topple over,so anything I want from the bottom shelf in the supermarkets will have to stay there until itā€™s sorted :unamused:

Good morning all. Back from a lovely week in Donegal. You were right Jess flight only took 25 mins from Glasgow to Derry. Did need my passport though.
Hi May nice to see you back. Vertigo is horrible! Hope you feel better soon.
Rox your furniture looks great will need to varnish my garden seat. The weeds have taken off in the last week!
G/kids finish at 1pm today for summer holidays. Going up to look after them til my daughter comes home. South Lanarkshire schools finish today but North Lanarkshire next Wed. Crazy or what!

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart: