Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Morning, Hot n humid here again today, :boom: will get through my jobs but at a slower pace than usual as this weather wipes me out. :sleeping:
My table n benches are old railway sleepers that have been spruced up, treated and recycled, they have to sit out all year as they are so heavy, I canā€™t even lift a bench myself.
Just back with Dagues and heā€™s puffing and blowing like mad, even though heā€™s asleep beside an open door.

Got quite warm here today, did a bit of gardening and then some shopping. Rox I donā€™t imagine you would want to move the table and benches by yourself. Poor Daegus , hope the weather cools down for him.

He will feel better next Monday as he is having his summer hair cut. :scissors:. Watch the weather turn cooler by then lol.

Good morning Each,how are You all diddling? :grin:

Iā€™ve been suffering from vertigo for a couple of weeks,
but doing the exercises which seem to be helpingā€¦
have to watch out when Iā€™m bending down or I can topple over,so anything I want from the bottom shelf in the supermarkets will have to stay there until itā€™s sorted :unamused:

Good morning all. Back from a lovely week in Donegal. You were right Jess flight only took 25 mins from Glasgow to Derry. Did need my passport though.
Hi May nice to see you back. Vertigo is horrible! Hope you feel better soon.
Rox your furniture looks great will need to varnish my garden seat. The weeds have taken off in the last week!
G/kids finish at 1pm today for summer holidays. Going up to look after them til my daughter comes home. South Lanarkshire schools finish today but North Lanarkshire next Wed. Crazy or what!

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Afternoon Ladies, Itā€™s still dull, cloudy and humid here, and Iā€™m not in the mood to do a darn thing, except snooze in the armchair. Was up at 5am and on the go all morning, couldnā€™t sleep, hate when my day starts that early.

Good evening. May good to see you posting with us, if I sleep on my right side I feel dizzy. Hi Bonnie, where did you stay in Donegal ? Holiday time for you then with grandchildren off school for the holidays. Rox hope your feeling better, I think its this weather that makes you feel tired. Had my hair done and then did some food shopping, going to have dinner then sit with my feet up.

Good evening all. Itā€™s been another lovely day up here in the north east. Your table and seats look lovely Rox. Those sleepers have a lovely smooth finish. Hope you have got that diesel filter cleared. I know all about vertigo May. I have frequent attacks and use the Epley manoeuvre which helps but can be difficult to carry out. Good that you enjoyed your week in Donegal Bonnie.

Evening All,thereā€™s not a breath of air outside,very still and mildā€¦calm before the heavy rain perhaps,

Aye Jessie,thatā€™s how it started when I turned on to
My right side in bed,My head spinned,

This is the exercise Iā€™m doing Scotā€¦

• Sit at the end of your bed.
  • Lie down on your left side and turn your head 45Ā° to the right (nose pointing up).
  • Hold the position for 30 seconds until the dizziness fades.
  • Sit up and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Repeat on the other side.
  • Do this five times, twice a day.

I ended up the other day head first in the flowerbed
when I bent down to hang up the washingā€¦itā€™s not pleasant :upside_down_face:

Glad to hear You had a lovely weekl in the Emerald Isles Jean,itā€™s nice to get away somewhere different, :smiley:

Never been to Ireland before, May. Flew into Derry then drove to Donegal staying at a place called Dungloe, Jess. The g is silent the way the locals pronounce it. The houses are beautiful mostly bugalows. The beaches are amazing. We went to Letterkenny, and on a train ride and a sail out of Donegal town. Lovely food and views and good craic.
Sounds like you are having a rough time, May. You still waiting to get your cataracts done?

Aye,Iā€™m still waiting Jean and will be in for a long one I think,thereā€™s every chance I may pop My clogs before
They get around to Meā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.Iā€™m not in any rush

Morning, Weathers bright but windy today. Feeling a bit low as Iā€™d been looking forward to being in Edinburgh this W/E for the show. But as Covidā€™s on the up again Himself says we canā€™t go and mingle with all the crowds as itā€™s just not safe. Working in the gardenā€™s just not the same somehow.
Have a nice W/E whatever your all up to.

In pictures: Royal Highland Show marks 200th anniversary - BBC News

Good afternoon. May the last time it happened, I came upstairs and laid down for a little while, its a horrible feeling. Jean I went to Letterkenny when I went with the other Jean a few years ago. Her b i l drove us round a lot in the car. Also went to the Giants Causeway. You do get good food and large portions. Rox what a shame you cant get to the show this year, I seen some of it on television. Sunny here and a cold wind, have some washing to hang out, but Iā€™ll leave it till Iā€™ve been to the shops.

All those Clydesdales and I canā€™t get to see themā€¦sigh. :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Good afternoon Each,aye itā€™s a sunny breezy one here too so hung the washing out on the line after My walk this mornā€™,

I havenā€™t had another BPPV episode for a few days/nights,so the exercises are working thank goodness,

I donā€™t intend letting the media reports about the increase in
covid get to Me this time around,I always have a mask/hand cleanser in My pockets/bag to use when Iā€™m on busy buses/shops so will go about My Life as normalā€¦Iā€™ve had 4 jagsā€¦enough already!..if I catch it I catch it and am reminded of the old saying ā€˜whitā€™s for Ye will noā€™ go by Yeā€™ā€¦Lifeā€™s too short,
Have a great weekend All,x

Decided to hang out the washing it doesnā€™t look like its going to rain. May my hairdresser still wears a mask and we all wear one when we go. Iā€™ve had my four jags, and a few holidays. Off to the shops now for a few goodies and a bottle of wine.

Good morning Each,cloudy here with rain forecast so no walk this morning,ā€¦Have a chicken roasting in the oven and will do a cook-up for the freezer after breakfast,
Have a good Sunday All.x

Good morning, raining here at the moment. Got ironing to get done later, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be going for a walk either today.