Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Evening all. Had to wait in all day for Gas man coming to do my annual service. All done and dusted now. Have to drag out a unit in my kitchen to let them get to the gubbins for the boiler. Glad it is only on ce a year.
Jess was going to California first then ending up in New York for a few days. Think she will be having a ball!

Morning all! Anybody there? I see we had a minor earthquake last night. Did anyone feel anything? I didnā€™t was sound asleep.
Looking through old photos today. My Granddaughter has a school project about her grandparents. Once you start looking at old photies you canā€™t stop. Need to put them away and get to bakers for some rolls to go with my soup. Made butternut curry soup for a change. Quite good but nothing beats lentil and bacon soup on a cold day like this.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Morning Bonnie, Itā€™s real cold here today, big jacket, hat n gloves when I took off with the dog earlier. Got a shock in town yesterday, I was passing an Antiques place and caught sight of an old, huge rocking horse, just like the beauty we had when we were growing up. I just had to stop and head in for a look. It brought memories flooding back and I just fell in love with it, they were asking Ā£3000 for itā€¦faint. I would love it if I had the room for it, but not at that price, I canā€™t believe what was being asked, I wonder what happened to ours. It didnā€™t come with us when we left the Castle Dower House, I was 14 then and I would still hop onto his back, I wished I could have done that yesterday. This is not it, but itā€™s very like the one we hadā€¦sigh

Good afternoon Each,itā€™s a dreich one here and rain forecast,so stuck indoors again,
Didnā€™t hear any rumblings during the night either Bonnie,but I sleep like a log anyway,

Iā€™ve been on the phone trying to get a special uplift from the Council here with no joy whatsoever,been trying for over a year and get the same runaround,phone the number which tells Me to book online,I try to book online,and it tells Me to phone the same numberā€¦Arseholes!

Afternoon all. What a gorgeous horse Rox. You must have been so proud of him when you were little. I was looking at old photos earlier one with me about 3 with my favourite doll Elizabeth. Took her everywhere with me.
May I am having Pick up tomorrow. Just phoned yesterday so I must have been lucky. I am South .Lanarkshire and we get one free a year. 20 items so had a Tumble Drier to get rid of and cleared out the garage got the other 19 items no probs. Hope you get yours sorted May.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Aye I saw that SL still gets one free uplift a year Jean,but half of My Town is S,Lanarkshire,and unfortunately Iā€™m in the other half NL which stopped that when covid hitā€¦now They charge Ā£35 for up to 20 items,which Iā€™m ok about,I have only 5 one being My old fridge freezerā€¦I just want to be able to get through to book it,but all I get is a recorded shit message telling Me to book online which I canā€™t doā€¦
so after xmas Iā€™ll be expecting to see the gardens here littered with broken electrical goods if this Council doesnā€™t get its finger outā€¦Luckily I have them hidden behind the SH where I canā€™t see them,but I know theyā€™re there rotting & rusting away
:angry: :confounded:

Just been watching the News, and my jaw must have hit the floor. It showed a group of mostly youngish men coming through the sand dounes with a raft on their shoulders. Not a sign of French Police, not a person tried to stop them, not a soul in sight. The ITV Reporter in France tried to speak to them and only one answered, grinning from ear to ear and overjoyed because they were entering the water. This is unacceptable and why are the French NOT doing their job and stopping them, didnā€™t we just send them a shed load of money to employ more people.
I think this video of them will cause ructions with people here, hopefully it will make our idiots at Westmonster wake up and act.

OH, AND I WISH THAT BLOODY BOT THING WOULD NAFF OFF. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

1 Like

Good morning Each,another wet one here again and I see snow is forecast in the next week or soā€¦no surprise there really as it always snows somewhere in the Highlands in the winter!

As for the illegals ā€¦jeeze!..will the UK Gov ever do anything to stop Them arriving in Kent in Their hundredsā€¦lets face itā€¦France are encouraging Them by doing nout to stop it,

Aye I wish Mr bot & co would bugger off but I donā€™t know how to get in touch with Azz to say soā€¦and why doesnā€™t a bot pop up in say ā€˜the chitchat threadā€™ every time a thread about England is started?

Hi Azz,Weā€™ve given the bot a try for three Months now and itā€™s just not popular on Our Scottish Clubā€¦so can You remove it now please as it just
interferes with the flow of conversationā€¦Thanks.

Channel Four is to launch a search for a Scottish family to appear on the hit show Gogglebox after pressure from MPs.

The broadcaster had been pressed to extend its coverage north of the border by MPs on the Scottish Affairs Committee and has now agreed to set up a ā€œdedicatedā€ casting team to find Scots for the show.

It is hoped that at least one Scottish family will be appearing on the programme from the New Year.

One candidate could be Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross, who revealed he is a ā€œbig fanā€ of the programme and offered his services should a Caledonian counterpart to its participants from the rest of the UK be required.

LOL,Some Tory MPs will do anything for money
:rofl:

Morning All, We have snow on the mountain tops already, I shiver just looking at them bbrrrr.
Not much on this afternoon, soup to make and a load of tatties to peel, a quick whiz round with the duster and hoover.
May I just found out on the PF Forum that the French Sports outlets are actually selling /renting those dinghies to the folks who want to get here. I canā€™t believe it. How dare they. :rage: :rage: :rage:
As to the Gogglebox show Iā€™ve never watched it, Iā€™ve glimpsed it when going through the channels but didnā€™t fancy it. Nothing that bunch of Tory Twerps do surprises me. Angers me yes, but surprise me, no.

1 Like

Afternoon all. Think I am going aff ma heid! Went down the street to get a prescription, rolls and my magazine. Got my rolls ok went to the newsagent and remembered last weeks mag was a double issue. Nearly bought it then recognised the celeb on the cover. Back home never even went into the chemist though passed the door twice! Numptie !

Oh Dear, I shouldnā€™t laugh but I certainly did grin, I often have those type of days. :joy:

Lol @ Bonnie,aye We all do daft things now & then,

Iā€™m also having a right auld guffaw watching ā€˜Politics Liveā€™ where Johnson is get the roasting He rightly deserves from Starmer & Blackfordā€¦Pantomime season has started early, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I finally got through to the special uplift People at 9am this morning,and the stuff is being lifted on Fridayā€¦soā€¦Iā€™ve spent a half hour moving the fridge-freezer from the bottom of the garden up the path to the side gateā€¦slowlyā€¦

Well done you, May! Hope your back is ok. My Son shoved the tumble drier out for me last night. Pleased to say everything uplifted by 7am this morning, must have been first on their list.

1 Like

Oh ta, :smiley:ā€¦Still have to move all the stuff to the front gate,but will do that Tomorrowā€¦Donā€™t have much trouble with My back these days,just the knee & ankle joints bother Me,but no pain when I have My feet up,so thatā€™s what Iā€™ll be doing the rest of the dayā€¦Eldest Daughter phoned to kindly remind Me Iā€™ll be an Octogenarian in 15 months timeā€¦jeeze! Ye can go right aff some Folk :roll_eyes: :nerd_face:

I had to wait 4 months for a fridge freezer and a washing machine to be picked up. Cost Ā£27. Shocking story on the Scottish news tonight about Esther Brown. How was the perpetrator of this horrible crime with his previous record allowed on the streets.

Good morning good People,another wet one here,but just had a grocery delivery so I wonā€™t be going out.

I donā€™t know the answer to Your question Scot,but if there was any justice it would be a lethal injection for the raping murdering vermin who walk Our Towns & Cities all over the UK,like this scum,

• Dennis Smalley, from Hindley in Wigan, died aged 70 on March 16 at HMP Wakefield
  • An official report says the serial rapistā€™s cause of death was Covid pneumonia
  • Smalleyā€™a depraved campaign of abuse began in the 1970s and lasted 45 years
  • He was jailed for 25 years at Liverpool Crown Court in 2016 for 44 charges