Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Afternoon all. Think I am going aff ma heid! Went down the street to get a prescription, rolls and my magazine. Got my rolls ok went to the newsagent and remembered last weeks mag was a double issue. Nearly bought it then recognised the celeb on the cover. Back home never even went into the chemist though passed the door twice! Numptie !

Oh Dear, I shouldnā€™t laugh but I certainly did grin, I often have those type of days. :joy:

Lol @ Bonnie,aye We all do daft things now & then,

Iā€™m also having a right auld guffaw watching ā€˜Politics Liveā€™ where Johnson is get the roasting He rightly deserves from Starmer & Blackfordā€¦Pantomime season has started early, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I finally got through to the special uplift People at 9am this morning,and the stuff is being lifted on Fridayā€¦soā€¦Iā€™ve spent a half hour moving the fridge-freezer from the bottom of the garden up the path to the side gateā€¦slowlyā€¦

Well done you, May! Hope your back is ok. My Son shoved the tumble drier out for me last night. Pleased to say everything uplifted by 7am this morning, must have been first on their list.

1 Like

Oh ta, :smiley:ā€¦Still have to move all the stuff to the front gate,but will do that Tomorrowā€¦Donā€™t have much trouble with My back these days,just the knee & ankle joints bother Me,but no pain when I have My feet up,so thatā€™s what Iā€™ll be doing the rest of the dayā€¦Eldest Daughter phoned to kindly remind Me Iā€™ll be an Octogenarian in 15 months timeā€¦jeeze! Ye can go right aff some Folk :roll_eyes: :nerd_face:

I had to wait 4 months for a fridge freezer and a washing machine to be picked up. Cost Ā£27. Shocking story on the Scottish news tonight about Esther Brown. How was the perpetrator of this horrible crime with his previous record allowed on the streets.

Good morning good People,another wet one here,but just had a grocery delivery so I wonā€™t be going out.

I donā€™t know the answer to Your question Scot,but if there was any justice it would be a lethal injection for the raping murdering vermin who walk Our Towns & Cities all over the UK,like this scum,

• Dennis Smalley, from Hindley in Wigan, died aged 70 on March 16 at HMP Wakefield
  • An official report says the serial rapistā€™s cause of death was Covid pneumonia
  • Smalleyā€™a depraved campaign of abuse began in the 1970s and lasted 45 years
  • He was jailed for 25 years at Liverpool Crown Court in 2016 for 44 charges

Morning People, OMG, THE WIND is terrible today, staying well away from the cliffs as neither Dageus or I are able to fly. :worried:
Spent a good couple of hours at the Pool earlier, I didnā€™t want to leave the Jacuzzi after my swim, it was roasting hot and toastie, was in with another lady and we had a good old natter. :laughing:
Not much to do inside the house so Iā€™ll be over at the stable for a clean up and groom.

Hey, whereā€™s ya all vamossed off to? :woozy_face:

Good morning Rox,We on here seem to have lost the banter & fun We used to have which would keep Us interested in posting,there doesnā€™t seem to be any connection nowā€¦ieā€¦nobody is joining up the dotsā€¦shameā€¦I miss the fun & laughterā€¦perhaps like Me Folk are fed up as nothing much has changed reā€™
the pandemic,Weā€™re still seeing more catching & dyiing of it every day,so Our Lives are still on holdā€¦and itā€™s still pissing down here :unamused:
Think I may join twitter and spend My days slagging off Everyone & everything,
:rofl: :wink:

1 Like

I know what you mean May, and I did try to keep things going. I started the photo Album but nobodyā€™s really interested, I thought it would be a good talking point for sharing photos of home and around, also holidays and days out. so Iā€™m not bothering anymore.
Even after all the time since we changed the setup I am still no further into liking the new place and itā€™s just not the same at all. I spend most of my time over on PF or FB, thatā€™s when Iā€™m even online as Iā€™m starting to find more things to get into offline.
I have had a Twitter Account for years but never posted once, I use it to see whatā€™s going on with the people I follow, mostly Politicans in both here and Westmonster, also a couple of TV people I like.
Sick of this bloody Covid like yourself, got my paper proof of vacination yesterday. I tried to get it on the App as thatā€™s what most places seem to want you to use BUT, the App wonā€™t accept my drivers licence as the camera canā€™t seem to read the security bits on the licence. Tried it on Duncā€™s phone and a couple of my friends phone but NO, it must be the licence is too pale. Always some bloody thingā€¦Sigh.
Have a nice W/E itā€™s pouring here so not going out if I can help it.
Toodles. :unamused:

I applied for a covid paper passport to be sent to Me weeks agoā€¦nothing so farā€¦but afaikā€¦it doesnā€™t include the booster jag!..Iā€™m not bothering with it as Iā€™m sure itā€™ll all change againā€¦sick of itā€¦I aint going anywhere Iā€™ll need it anytime soon,so if They canā€™t be bothered to send itā€¦toughā€¦all it really needed was a stamp on Our letters when We went for the jags as proof We had had themā€¦now I wonā€™t be surprised if later on We need proof of a negative test just to go to the bloody supermarket!!!
:rage:

I got my paper proof in about a week. Did you order it online or do it on the phone? The reason I wanted it was because of the News, they said the extensions could include Leisure Centres and then Iā€™d need it for my daily swim.

Covid in Scotland: Warning of passport extension or more restrictions - BBC News

Hmmm,no surprise there then :roll_eyes:
I applied for Mine online,but as I said,I wonā€™t be goin
anywhere anytime soon where Iā€™ll need it,

Snow is on the cards across Scotland from this weekend, with a ten day chill set to sweep the country as the UK heads into a freezing ā€œArctic plungeā€.

Scotland has been experiencing pretty mild conditions for this time of year with Aberdeen seeing nearly 17C yesterday.

However, from today Scotlandā€™s temperatureā€™s are set to plummet.

Wintry conditions are forecast to begin from Monday, and Brits across the UK can expect sub-zero temperatures, according to WXCharts.

Perth and Kinross is likely to see Scotlandā€™s lows, with weather as cold as 0C - according to the Met Office.

In other areas, the mercury could plummet to just 4C.

We already have snow up on the mountains. My son is at my house in Perth and he says itā€™s very mild there, was out in the garden in shirt sleeves yesterday. I wasnā€™t, it was cold n wet up here. :unamused:

Very mild here as well Rox.not a breath of air outside and I donā€™t have the heating onā€¦calm before the storm perhaps,
Wonder if Jessie is still soaking up the sun in America,or is it Wintery there where She isā€¦dunno when Sheā€™s due back.

Ten days she said so next week sometime I guess. She wonā€™t half feel it if it starts to freeze here. Out of the oven into the fridge. :sweat_smile:
Iā€™ve only had the heating on for an hour here and there, we use the fire in the living room.

May I posted this in here as well as the photo album so as your sure to see it.

May it couldnā€™t be easier, just click on the wee icon of the postcard in the reply, Iā€™ve circled it. A menu opens up and you chose your photo by clicking on it then clicking open. itā€™s that simple. just make sure your curser is as the start of a new lineā€¦

Thanks Rox,but I never take pics with My smartphone,I hated it,in fact I dropped it outside on the path and the back wonā€™t click back on againā€¦soā€¦Iā€™m back using My old phone which has large numbers on the front,and a large orange emergency button on the backā€¦Iā€™m happier with itā€¦itā€™s smaller and easier to carry aroundā€¦The World can do without Me taking naff Picā€™s of it I think and My cataracts have worsened which doesnā€™t help :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Evening all. Sound like Dixon of dock green lol!
Like everyone else a bit browned off with this COVID. My son downloaded my COVID passport onto my phone. He is going to print me off a paper copy too. I wouldnā€™t have a clue! Terrible riots in Holland and lockdown in Austria when is it all going to end .
Did you get your uplift ok May?
Think Jess should be back soon.
Rox I am rubbish ar photos whether with camera or phone.
Going to watch Strictly I still like it. Rose is my favourite hope she wins.
Enjoy your evening everyone,