Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Good evening everybody. May I swept leaves up the other day but they’re back again. Did a bit of shopping then had my hair done. Wont be going into town now for anything.

Good evening all. I am sure I posted this morning but it’s not there. The postman came to the door and I thought I pressed the reply button and logged out before I answered! Who knows!
Anyway was on Granny duty this afternoon now I am going to a fireworks display. It’s at the Accies park so we will all be seated. Hope it is not too cold !

Morning All, Terrific Wind here this morning along with heavy showers. Lots of tourists still here will all be down at the front with their cameras, taking pictures of the huge rollers tearing in.
Not much on today, been out with the dog so it’s really just a catch up around here. Don’t know if we’re out for dinner tonight or not, Himself will have to make up his mind by Lunch Time though so I know whether to cook or not.
Have a nice W/E.

Afternoon Folks,it’s bucketing doon here and blowing a bit of a gale,so I hope the ‘BLAH BLAH BLAH’ marchers in the City are well happed up in raincoats and wellies
:stuck_out_tongue:
I think that’s an apt reply to all politicians when They don’t deliver on Their promises…yip…
so it’s a Blah Blah Blah from Me too. :laughing:

Have a good weekend all and stay safe & warm,xx

1 Like

A late good morning to you May and to all in Scotland.

Not good weather where you are by what you write, it’s very cold and windy here ‘down south’, I hope it improves soon for you all.

I like the new avatar May, very appropriate in the circumstances! Two appropriate smilies below I found on that subject, I wonder if the kind that are ‘animated’ can be used on avatars?
Talk Talk Talk Smiley Blah Blah Blah Smiley

Avatars aside, have a good day everyone, whatever you may be doing.
:grinning:

Good evening everybody. Same weather here today as well. Got the bus to Braehead to meet the nieces, and some of the waves were coming over the bus. Went for a test so I can travel to America on Tuesday wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Enjoy your evening fols.

Morning, Things are slowly calming down windwise this morning but the rain is bad. Went to walk the dog in the park as there’s a bit of shelter along the river bank with all the trees hanging over the path, but they are almost bare of leaves now.
Quiet day for us today.

Afternoon Rox and all. Windy here too was getting blown away on my walk and I am no light weight!
Quiet day for me too. Was clearing out the garage as we are getting a free pavement pickup. We get one a year.
Going out for lunch with a friend tomorrow. First time in a long time. Just going local. My friend lost her husband during lockdown and just can’t seem to get over it. So hopefully we will have a nice catch up. Hard to know what to say to help her.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Good evening everybody, still quite windy out there today. Its the same here Rox, all the leaves have been blown off the trees. As long as their not slippy I don’t mind. Jean enjoy your lunch tomorrow with your friend. Suitcase was taken away last night so it’s getting a few other things together for tomorrow.

Good Morning Each,a bit of a dreich dull one here with heavy rain forecast,
Had a longer lie-in this morning,so some stretching exercises,then 10 min’s on the ex’ bike,10 mins on the ex’ DVD,and more sweeping of fallen leaves,

I see Our brave Globetrotter is off on Her adventures again…Bon Voyage Jessie,have a great time in the USA…take care all,xx

Good morning everybody, drizzly rain here at the moment. Yes May I’m off again for ten days looking forward to it. My cousin’s daughter who lives over there would like Scottish hoodies for her daughters, so I’m off into town to try and get them.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Don’t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ‘over 50s in Scotland’ will be more likely to spot the forum… and… hopefully… register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good morning Folks,it’s a fine sunny dry chilly one here,perfect for a brisk walk this morning…well…not as brisk as I’d like these days :roll_eyes:

Looks like Everyone’s gone to the moon or America (same difference to Me) and the bot can do the same as far as I’m concerned as the threads started about Scotland are MAINLY anti Scottish,so I for one,don’t have any interest in posting on them,

Hope All are well and safe,see Ya,xx

Hi May, I know what you mean about Scottish Threads, make me want to slap certain people. Sooooo I’ll say no more. :zipper_mouth_face:
Been very wild and stormy up here the last couple of days 70mph winds and the noise of the ocean was deafening.
Not been up to anything much, not been in the mood for one thing and I’m still not getting any fonder of this new place, it’s a chore now not a pleasure.
Himself has gone back to work today and taken a packed lunch as he’s away down on quarryside, so I may just head back to bed for a couple of hours and see if I can wake up in a better frame of mind.

Morning, Back to rain…again, sheeze. May I see cars in Glasgow are being targeted by those bloody climate activists, keep an eye out.
No pool today, just not in the mood, got to go over to Wick after I walk the dog and we both get soaked. Roll on NEXT SUMMER.

1 Like

Good morning Rox and to anyone else around,it’s been bucketing doon all night here and set to continue for the rest of the day,
I haven’t seen/heard the news this morning re’ the climate activists,but as I’ve not been anywhere near Glasgow for nigh on 2 years,Their shenanigans won’t affect Me,
Have to go out up the Street for some shopping,but that’s as far as I’ll be venturing today.

1 Like

Its a great way to get your support…one radio station said let tyres down another said slashed so dont know who to believe still yet again getting at wrong people again raining heavily here god summer felt like 5 minutes ago

1 Like

last few days calm then wind then calm but wind left its mark nothing couple slates and lick of paint wont fix
nobody hurt but plenty logs for winter

1 Like

Morning Guys, Beautiful sunny day here so making the most of it. Bunged the washing on and away with the dog. Been outside since we got back, sweeping up all the masses of leaves from the trees that drop on the lawns. Will have to do it again though in a few days as there’s still more to fall. After lunch I’m making a start on cutting back tha bamboo it’s so tall and looks a mess, want it about my hight it’s around 15ft the now. Right, taking my coffee outside, have a nice day folks. :grinning:

Hope that’s not your roof Caveman. :grimacing: :dizzy_face:

1 Like