Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Good morning (just) May and all in Scotland!

Not very warm here either, no rain though thank goodness and thatā€™s supposed to be how things will be for the rest of the day.

Bank Holiday here ā€˜down southā€™ tomorrow so no doubt there will be plenty of people taking advantage of the long weekend. Youā€™ve had your Bank Holiday in Scotland I understand, at the beginning of August.

No May I was not :nauseated_face: and :face_vomiting: as I saw sense and didnā€™t eat it all. I shouldnā€™t really eat chocolate very much, itā€™s not good when trying to lose weight so I just had a ā€˜tasterā€™ as my special treat. Have to look after the waistline you know!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! :grinning:

Baz this a bank holiday up here as well in Scotland. Just been out in the garden and tidied up a bit. Also did some ironing earlier and will do the rest later.

Unfortunately Scotland will not partake in the summer bank holiday next week, since we have already had our day off a few weeks ago.

While England, Wales and Northern Ireland will celebrate summer on August 30, Scotlandā€™s equivalent day took place on August 2.

Havenā€™t a clue about the Banks as itā€™s been yonks since Iā€™ve visited oneā€¦ since the 3 local
ones were shut down I have to travel a few miles if I want to use itā€¦All of My Clan are working tomorrow so no long lie-ins for Them,

I donā€™t really like milk chocolate,but I did scoff a pack of dark chocolate Raspberry Ruffle barsā€¦and Iā€™m having cornbeef sandwiches with Kettle crisps for My lunchā€¦eek!..Iā€™ll never be slim again :blush:

1 Like

Been looking at doing my profile, Canā€™t. There are bits it wants me to fill in, I donā€™t want to fill them in they are private. Also what are these 2 photos they want uploaded? I donā€™t see any photos on profiles I had a quick check of to see what was what.
You could leave out bits on the old forum if you wanted. There are bits I want to leave blank, but it wonā€™t let me do my profile without answers.
Also Whatā€™s the bit about a website? I donā€™t have one.

I donā€™t understand the sentence in bold, thought you were in Scotland?

Most of my information I get from a website called timeanddate.com and also from websites such as this one:

:grinning:

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

1 Like

Aye,Iā€™ve read it in the newsā€¦Scotlands schools/colleges/universities all went back a couple of weeks ago,so,Iā€™d say England will see the same rise in cases there within the next few weeks alsoā€¦It seems to be one step forward and two steps backā€¦God only knows when this will end!

Marital Status: Single

Children: 3

Grandchildren : 4

Pets: No

This is all I have put on My Profile Rox.

1 Like

May, It wonā€™t let me do that. All I get is this message and it refuses to post up the answers I have filled in.message

Thatā€™s strangeā€¦Iā€™m guessing Azz has added that since I did Mine at the startā€¦why make it more complicated,itā€™s all Anyone needs to know really.

Have you filled in the question as to how you found this site?
That is one of the mandatory answers, mine must have been filled in when my Profile was taken across from the old forum as I donā€™t recall doing it myself. :grinning:

I wasnā€™t asked that either so I must have answered it when I joined the OFF 7 yrs ago.

Yes Baz I put that I was a member of the original forum, but it has worked now and leaving out the ones I wanted to leave. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Thatā€™s You sorted then Rox,lol,ā€¦I noticed I havenā€™t added any interestsā€¦I must lead a very boring Life indeed :innocent:

1 Like

I have always had interests, I was always a busy wee bee. :grinning:
I just think this forum and I have not bonded and itā€™s enjoying making things difficult for me. :eyes:

The more You post,the more Youā€™ll get used to it Roxā€¦I thought the same as You at firstā€¦now itā€™s just become a habit like the old Forum wasā€¦keep at itā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry Baz I thought it was a bank holiday here. Snap May I had a roll with cornbeef and tomato for lunch. We only have two banks here now all the rest have been closed down. The only time I go in is to pay a bill.

1 Like

Evening All,Iā€™m a bit knackered after cutting the grass earlier and the auld back is playing up a bitā€¦this is when I wish I still had a bath to soak My aching body in :weary: :bath:
The TV is boring,but Iā€™ve been watching ā€˜Bleak Houseā€™ ā€¦jeeze!..beam me up Scotty, :upside_down_face:

Michael Gove stunned revellers at an Aberdeen nightclub by ā€œravingā€ on a dancefloor into the early hours.

The Cabinet Office minister, who was described as ā€œmerryā€ by eyewitnesses, was filmed in a suit flailing his arms, dancing wildly and hugging other clubbers in his home city.

Those who also attended the club night, called Pipe, said that it appeared Mr Gove, who recently announced he is to divorce from wife Sarah Vine, had visited the venue alone.

Friends of Mr Gove suggested he had been in Aberdeen to visit family and friends, and loved the city and its nightclub.

They also said they did not recognise claims that he had attempted to avoid a Ā£5 entry fee by citing his official title of Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.

Oh FFSā€¦Iā€™ve seen/heard everything nowā€¦PMSL
:man_dancing:

Easily done so no problem. Since retiring sometimes I donā€™t even know what day of the week it is! No reason to know any more and if I do want to know then itā€™s on the mobile phone or the internet. I had enough of having to know it was a certain day and it was work, now itā€™s a nothing day every day ā€“ absolutely brilliant! :grinning: