Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

That’s good and the best way to be I reckon. At 60 I semi-retired so full retirement at 70 wasn’t anything of a shock, in fact I retired fully as I had worked for 55 years in total and thought I had worked enough for one lifetime! :grinning:

1 Like

Lol Jess,I’d love to see them…I just can’t imagine that wee buttoned up traitorous gobshite actually acting like a normal human being!!!

1 Like

Baz I retired at 60, but I was 59 and was on sick leave. May I call him fishface.

1 Like

Ggggrrrrrr, My bladder woke me up a while ago and I couldn’t get back to sleep. Now sat in front of the fire with a hot Beecham drink, I would much rather be sat out the back being lulled back to being sleepy by the sound of the ocean, but it’s too cold. :cry: :sleeping:

Morning everyone, a bit grey again this morning, just like yesterday. I saw that about Gove at the nightclub yesterday, he looked so out of place :man_dancing: :man_dancing:

1 Like

Here you are May.

Good morning everybody. Roxy I hate going to the toilet early in the morning. Paula he probably thinks he is the bees knees. I wonder what his leader thinks of his performance. Meeting friends in town today for coffee and a chat, we meet up once a month, off to hang out some washing.

1 Like

Oh :laughing: good to see Him (gettin’ down with the Boys)!..Doris will be so jealous…what an eejit.

Good Morning All,as Paula says it’s grey and quite chilly here…enjoy Your day out with the Girls Jess,
no plans for the day so just taking it as it comes,

Morning again, :sneezing_face: Still cold here and I’ve yanked out a sweater. :zipper_mouth_face: Apart from there still being too much mucus in my throat I am starting to feel a bit more human again. Walked the dog in a wee empty cove, and we’re going to get soaked it’s getting so dark. Still taking it easy as I tire quickly so it’s the washing on and a seat at the fire till lunch time. Enjoy your day.

Roxy, that wee beach looks lovely, glad to hear your feeling a bit better, it’s a lot colder here ,we’ve put the heating on for a wee while…

The top coast of the mainland is riddled with tiny coves, most you can get to, but some are impossible. My favourite is Strathy Cove, it’s just wonderful, I sit on top of the rocks and watch the huge wave crash and I love messing about in the cliff caves. Now that the English tourists are leaving I will be able to return and it will be wild and lonely, just as I like it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Don’t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ‘over 50s in Scotland’ will be more likely to spot the forum… and… hopefully… register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Evening all. Glad to hear you are getting better Roxy. Your pictures and your wee dog look amazing.
Had a bit of a dodgy weekend as my wee grandson wasn’t well. Had to go for a COVID test which was a nightmare for him as he is Autistic Non verbal. Had to be held down. Goodness knows what he thought was happening. Anyway 7.30 this morning got a negative result. Couldn’t stop greetin! Anyway good news he has bounced back and seems fine now.
The sun is trying to come out here at last!

Paula I’ve been tempted to put the heating on, but trying to resist it. Roxy glad to hear your feeling better, lovely view of your beaches. Went to the bank to pay my visa bill and it was closed. Really cold here this morning and now the sun has come out.

We have a gas fire in the Den so that goes on for a wee while in the evenings. The heating doesn’t go on untill I’m forced to turn it on, and I’m usually blue with cold by then. Hoping to get to November before it has to go on.

Bonnie glad to hear that James doesn’t have covid, children always seem to bounce back again. Roxy I just have radiators and an oil filled radiator in the kitchen.

goodnight all…our daughter, son in law and granddaughter coming up here for 2 or 3 days, haven’t seen them for a year, due to covid restrictions,so will be celebrating last Christmas and new year…still got the crackers handy…

Morning all, Not a bad day here at least the suns out. Managed to go to the pool this morning, did 10 lengths, 10 minutes in the steam room, 15 minutes in the jacuzzi and then another 2 lengths to cool back down. Think it did me some good but it’s shattered me.
Having a rest while the washings on then will take the dog for a wee stroll on the beach.

Morning all. Glad to hear you are getting better Roxy.
Paula you must be looking forward to seeing your Daughter and her family after such a long time.
Going up to see my Granddaughter today as it is her 5th birthday. Can’t believe it. How time flies,
Everyone have a good Tuesday.

got my first Christmas catalogue in today…and it’s very cold this morning