Fitness Report Thread

Well done Mags :038: Now you’ve lost that, you can enjoy eating what you want on holiday without feeling guilty :wink:

My exercise regime is still walking twice a day, extending my walks now with the Hatti girl.:slight_smile:

:lol:Thanks Merz, I’ll remember what you’ve said! :wink:

Well done Mags! I actually went back on the bike today too :lol:

I am glad this thread has picked up, I am new here and could someone tell me please if this is just for those who want to lose weight?
Thanks, Mary

Not at all Mary, it’s a thread about how we keep fit generally … it could be walking, exercise bikes, healthy diets etc.:smiley:
Anyone can join in for whatever reason;-)

OK and thanks Mags … well I am seriously underweight and exercise to keep up some stamina and maintain health but I hate it and so don’t do it regularly. So have signed up at our local education centre for Yoga for the over 50s and also Gentle Exercise to Music starting in September. I thought if I did that, the exercise bike a couple of times a week and one brisk half hour walk that would be five a week? What have I let myself in for!
Mary

Should have read through your posts - I get the idea now. Today, half hour on ex-bike this morning then nothing for rest of the day …

I’ve always wanted to do Yoga Mary! Please let us know how you get on with it :slight_smile: we’ll look forward to your updates - and good luck :023:

I would also like to hear how you get on at Yoga, Mary … I hope it goes well:-)

Never done Yoga in my life before, well except last year when I bought a yoga video from a car boot, you had to bend right over till your head almost touched the floor and I ached for almost a week. ‘Over 50s’ should be milder?

Good luck with the yoga,and keep at it. For the first few sessions you may find you are playing catch up ie watching the pose rather than moving fluidly and listening to your body/muscles-that will pass.

And remember-its not a competition,if the person next to you can bend like rubber or do things that make your eyes water then good for them-it doesnt mean you have to.

I hope your teacher does some relaxation stuff at the start and finish and getting that right can take quite a while. It`s harder than you might think to empty your head,relax and breath in through the nose and out of the nose. Let all your cares drift away.

I have been doing gentle yoga for a bit over 5 years now and is it a co-incidence that after having psoriasis for over 30 years before starting I am now not flaky around my elbows,knees and knuckles??

I don’t think it’s a coincidence either - our heath/wellbeing is connected imo.

Skin problems such as dry/flaky skin could be down to a wheat intollerance too OG…

Thanks OG, that’s helpful, really. I’m glad to hear you are benefitting. I start in September on the local Council’s adult education scheme. Will post here on how I get on … does anyone else here do yoga?

Have never done it myself Maryl, but my Brother does it. He originally started when he was having a bad time at work to help with stress. He has now been doing it for the past 2/3 years (not that he’s been stressed for that long!) and he really finds it beneficial for mind and body as he says.

Hope that you enjoy it…

I hear only good things about it, Maryl; am a bit too lazy to start myself, but hope you enjoy it and all the benefits.:smiley:

Thanks all of you, aren’t you nice people here? I can’t back out now can I?

I did half an hour on the ‘bike’ this morning, hoping to lose a few more ounces:-D

Looking forward to hearing how you get on in September, Maryl …

Not done much at all over the last few days, must do better!
Mary

After 2 rest days, did another 30km on the bike today. It rained halfway around, so got a bit wet. Now that summer is supposed to be here I may be able to reach my 80km per week target.

Bit of a cloudy start, but that’s good, keeps the temperature down a bit.
Just done 51kms that’s about 32mls on the MTB, all bar about 4km off road.
Over some pretty damn hilly terrain and some good fun rough tracks.
Even found I had a smile on my face at one point, most unusual.

Now for some of my homemade veg soup, all that cycling has given be an appetite.