Fitness Report Thread

This thread is for all of you to post your fitness related activities for the day - it’s intended to encourage everyone to exercise a little everyday :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick chart to help you decide what to do… but remember it’s based on a hours worth!

The popular exercises
Aerobics 384 calories
Cycling 256 calories
Jogging at 6mph 644 calories
Rock climbing 698 calories
Salsa dancing 390 calories
Swimming 513 calories
Tennis 448 calories
Yoga 256 calories

The humble chores
Cooking 160 calories
Dog walking 224 calories
Gardening 328 calories
Housework 222 calories

Thanks to DM for that list - although no idea where she got it from so hope it’s a reliable and accurate source :lol:

And remember, if you are just getting into all this, be sure to check with your doc first.

Anyone can join in - and I’ll add the names of everyone taking part in the post below :slight_smile: (as and when they start posting their daily activities in this thread).

List of participants

Buzzie
Mags
Nero
Dinahsmum
Moetmum
Merz
Kazz
Moli

buzzie…

Mags…

Nero, . . .

Dinahsmum …

Sorry, this couch potato will be skipping this thread

Count me in

Merz…

Ok added everyone up to here - anyone else want to be added just say :slight_smile:

So go ahead and add your entries to the thread now guys :slight_smile:

Not quite sure how to do this but so far today I have

Walked (slowly) for 50 minutes
Vaccuumed for 10 minutes
Tidied for 10 minutes
Had a bath (sore leg!) followed by shower/hairwash/blow dry (must use calories!)
Wii-ed (yoga stuff) for 30 minutes
Very light gardening for 20 minutes

I’ve been doing some book-keeping, but I don’t think that’s a very energetic occupation. Good for the brain maybe?

It’s not even 10am here so I will give mine the end of the day for Wednesday.

I had a nice 45 min walk as always early morning. Breakfast of banana, cereal and coffee and toast.

One hint for the day for those of us with BP problems is to check the sodium content on our foods especially can and prepared foods that are a no no for me. I use sea salt on occasion but have never been dependent on salt so I don’t miss it all that much.

Wishing everyone a fit day!!

Jogged with the dogs, 1 mile.
Fixed the garage roof coz it was leaking.
Tidied up inside the garage, (heavy lifting).
Wrestled with Nero and Mea on the floor.

That’s about it really. :wink:

Oh, . . and I took my BP.

2 hrs approx dog walking
wrestled with the lawn mower for about half an hour (drive belts gone and we live on the side of a hill)
housework (ugh)

3 mile dog walk is mine today…

As Azz pointed out in the original thread “cleaning doesn’t = exercise” in this fitness report, so I won’t include that.

We’ve had our 7 and 9 year old grandchildren here from 10.00am until 5.00pm and I’m exhausted!:lol: I hope this will count towards fitness…

Took a ball to the park and played cricket, had to chase after the said ball in all directions (puff-puff!) for almost 2 hours.
Walked up steep hill in park collecting coloured leaves.
Did skipping in the back garden with Katie.

Having company, I lost count of the number of times I was up and down the stairs but I did [SIZE=“3”]run[/SIZE] up and walk down them so that must have made a slight difference too.:wink:

I hope to do better tomorrow when I have more time to myself…will definitely start on the bike then!

Well done all!

Btw, it’s ok to include cleaning if you feel it worked up a sweat :lol:

Here’s mine :

Dusted and hoovered all through bungalow :slight_smile:

1 hour dog walking

At work: counted the number of steps I go up and down each day and worked it out as following-

40 steps (20 up and 20 down) x 16 times I went up and down them which equals 640 steps- if I worked it out right. Goodness knows how many paces I have done today so getting pedometer tomorrow -will let you know then :slight_smile:

Wow Merz, you really kept moving.

My 45 min. walk this morning
Friend sick and I went to help her out. I did some wash and picking up around the house and made dinner but didn’t work up a sweat. :wink:
I did take an hour with their youngest child and dog for a long walk and took some pictures that I promised.

I had brocolli and cat fish for dinner with a raspberry yogurt for dessert. I also had some spg. at their house about 4pm but just a tiny bit.

I’m on the second floor and always walk down but will start walking up each day also.

Thursday
50 minutes slow dog walk
20 minutes Pilates