Are you still able to work out/exercise?

If I only walked my dog and never exercised, by body would not stay toned…muscles need certain exercise to keep parts of the body toned…ie.walking would not keep my abs toned…my five min pro does that job.

I don’t have a six pack ,…mind.

my workout every day,is getting my socks on :grinning:

1 Like

As you probably know pauline, I’ve had to stop running due to some heart problems. However, I’ve been walking at least five miles five days a week. For the last two weeks I’ve been adding some jogging but can only manage about a mile before my heart goes into distress and I have to walk for a while. I am managing to run a little further each week, so I think there is a way back, although I won’t be doing the distances that I used to. I’m also getting back to doing pressups again, just managing about twenty.

1 Like

I agree, although I’m enjoying a walk I don’t think it’s good enough to keep the muscles in top shape.

1 Like

But, you’re fit anyway OGF…plus you albeit not as much, are still exercising…just for heavens sake don’t over do it, I can exercise, but not to the extent that I used to, since my heart operation…but we are still exercising…:+1::+1::+1:

But walking the dog IS exercise. A lot of it. Postmen are about the fittest jobs. I don’t emulate that but I do at least an hour with the two dogs and then just mine for the second round.

I’ve just explained my situation, regarding exercise…walking is not enough to keep certain muscles toned, which I’ve just explained on my post above…and I don’t agree that all postmen / woman are fit, far from it on what I’ve witnessed.

OGF is fit though…but he’/ was a marathon runner.

Walking is good exercise though, so keep it up!!.

Expectation is always overlooked. overlook it at your peril, if you have to get to the shops. :policeman:

My cousin has nearly 100 marathons on his belt. Some of them are double marathons. His muscles are just fine.

that looks like hard work Pauline. I’d be afraid of falling off.

You’d have to be hiking up a mountain to get the same workout.

I do both - treadmill and dog walking (not at the same time though)

Exercise is hard work,Annie, it never becomes easy, you couldn’t fall off this machine, the knee and arm pads keep you in place, plus as you can see in the picture, I have a strong firm hold on the hand grips.

I highly recommend this machine…like all exercise it will take time to tone up ,it doesn’t happen overnight, it’s takes hard work and a mindset to keep going.

1 Like

A waist can be achieved,Annie, with constant exercise, i once was a size 16…and went up to 14 stone when carrying my last child.

Took a while to lose that weight, with guts and determination, you can do it…so I hope I inspire others.

2 Likes

Can you explain to Mrs Fox how to get hips and thighs to look like that pauline…very nice… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Bit like them legs of yours…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Two hours this morning and just an hour this afternoon. With the dog.

Yesterday morning was an e-bike ride to the allotment. I dug up four rows of potatoes and bagged/carried them. This morning to the allotment again. I flattened off the earth where the potatoes had been and spread the area with cow and horse manure to a depth all over of about 6". It was well rotted and heavy. The area was about 5 - 6 yards square. Then covered the area over with black sheeting and weighted it down with bricks.

I can’t exercise my stomach muscles directly because of an operation cut but I reckon all muscles got a good workout yesterday and today. There’s always something to do at the allotment that involves bending about and muscle-work.

I was going to go on the 3.5 mile walk I do about every other day but in view of the work done this morning I thought, “Blow it!” or words to that effect. :grin:

1 Like

I also work out on a twist and shape for fifty minutes a day…

I think what has been missing because of the lockdown etc is aerobic exercise. I never noticed the difference before but being confined to the house changed things. Working up a sweat definitely has an all round affect. But not something to rush into. I could not believe how difficult it was to start running again.

1 Like