Are you still able to work out/exercise?

I was expecting a you tube clip of the someone testing similar equipment but will be more relevant to the thread if it’s you Pauline.

1 Like

I have been exercising every day on the new treadmill. Half a mile very brisk walking today but yesterday managed to do an hour with almost 15 mins of actual non stop jogging during that time. Trying to build up to half an hour and then more so that I get back to doing 5k type runs. Fabulous to have a treadmill in the house.

1 Like

I don’t have a treadmill or anything like that. But I do a few twists & turns … back exercises, at home. And I walk 2 or 3 miles a day.

1 Like

It’s called a 5 min pro…I don’t think I can manage a minute on it,:joy:…I can only do 30 pull ups at a time, I do x3 through the day…it looks easy ,but it’s not.

It certainly keeps my waist trim…it’s a resistance machine…

Brilliant Annie…takes a while to build up time on the treadmill, I manage to do around 20 mins without stopping…at a slow level…I may speed up for a minute or so.

I’m thinking about ordering one…let us know your progress…

Certainly, even at my age.
Up, down, up, down, twenty times every morning.
Then the other eyelid.

3 Likes

I never exercise to stay fit but enjoy both riding my e-bike and walking briskly for miles. I also help to look after an allotment most days (can be physically demanding). I guess all this keeps me fairly fit. Fit enough to enjoy those activities without feeling the strain anyway …yet.

1 Like

But the dog is much more enjoyable. And all the nature we appreciate with our walks.You cant do that on a treadmill!
Then we I meet lots of other dogs and their owners. A recent new one was a St Bernard. Lovely girl. But you wouldn’t get that on to a treadmill…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. Why use a piece of machinery when you have the ability to go outside.

I have a threadmill but use it for uphill walks. The surburb that I live in is as flat as a pancake.

1 Like

Opposite from here but that’s a great reason I suppose. I just LOVE being outdoors with my dogs.

1 Like

Yes. Rain or shine. And actually, I quite like the rain.

1 Like

Absolutely. I don’t mind the rain at all but my dogs aren’t too fond of it. In fact, one of them looks quite pitiful while it’s raining and tries to run away from the rain. Not quite as intelligent as the border collie but she’s a really happy girl / fun girl. Dogs definitely smile. Just not the same as us. :blush:

I find both equally enjoyable…working out keeps me fit, especially on the resistance machines…I want to stay toned, I don’t want to turn to fat and I would if I didn’t exercise.

It’s much harder to stay fit when one gets older…I would hate to be unfit at my age…I will keep exercising until I drop…as long as my health allows…it’s a big part of my life ,it’s also a mindset…plus beneficial…

Not a happy bunny…

2 Likes

Haha. :joy: Oh our girls just LOvE the snow though. :heart:

2 Likes

I quite agree. As I said, I did have a treadmill and it was a useful tool. My weight was a around 65kg when I was in my twenties. Now I’m in my seventies and not a lot different especially since I had this big dog. He is 35kg, I am 70kg. And no treadmill.

An idea of how it works, Annie…

It’s hard on the arms and abs. that’s where the muscles are put to work.
It’s a good machine Annie and I highly recommend it…

I like that. My collie when I was a hundred years ago loved it. Hill country for us in Scotland.

2 Likes

Thank you. Gorgeous old photo. :heart: