Adele says she'll study for an English Literature degree after Las Vegas shows

I don’t know whether she has or not but my point was that if you have money they are unnecessary.

1 Like

Agree in principle. Am sure we can rattle off the names of people who don’t need a bit of paper or two to prove that they’re knowledgeable and capable at certain things.

But if Adele wants the challenge of having to jump through the necessary loops and do the seemingly pointless tasks at times to be handed that bit of paper whilst she’s wearing a gown and other paraphernalia from a hire shop, good luck to her.

Are they academic?

It’s English Grammar she should be studying.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t like her personality and I think her voice is ugly, but studying English literature is a fairly innocuous ambition, surely?

Not sure why she’s getting stick for it, is it because she’s getting ideas beyond her station? Intellectual snobbery! :rofl:

She’s made a couple of bob, now she wants to go for her other interests, maybe get a bit more education, fine by me. Hey, perhaps she’ll encourage others to have a bash too

Perhaps she’s going to do Open University? They do an English Literature degree, you study at home and no entrance qualifications required. It costs an arm and a leg nowadays but I’m sure she can afford it :pound::pound::pound:

I remember the big fuss when she went into a posh bookshop and bought £1000 worth of books to use as decoration and scene setting for her Zooms. Perhaps she feels she bought them so might as well read them :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

We’ve seen the light, thanks to Omah.

1 Like

Adele has “mentioned” her ambition before:

The ‘Someone Like You’ singer is currently in the middle of her massive ‘Adele Live 2016’ world jaunt, which stopped off in Boston over the weekend, which shares a state with the prestigious Harvard university.

During the concert, Adele told the crowd: “I’m desperate to go to university. I know that sounds ridiculous but it’s one thing I really plan on doing. I was about to start university in Liverpool in England and then I got offered a record deal, so I was like, ‘Ugh, what do I do?’ Obviously I took the record deal which I don’t regret at all."

AFAIK, no “official” biography contains references to Adele’s university offer … :017:

1 Like

I always have two thoughts when I read about a celeb wanting to improve themselves;

1. Good luck to them.
  2. Who cares?

I really don’t give a monkey’s as they mean nothing to me.

1 Like

She did graduate from some performing arts college course, which will probably have had a some UCAS points attached to it, which might have been enough for her to enrol on a foundation degree course. She may well even have applied to UCAS, but not taken it any further once offered a lucrative record contract.

…oooooh Vienna.

Speculative … :wink:

1 Like

She attended this place

A quick flick through some courses indicates that the qualifications are equivalent to 3 A levels.

So, it remains a possibility.

Although, it would be a leap to change from a vocational style of learning to a more traditional format, coupled with the associated assessment methods.

1 Like

Especially after 17 years … :books:

1 Like

Graduated in arts from the BRIT School in 2006 graduating in arts from the BRIT School in 2006.

Adele to much effin & jeffin …
English language would be more appropriate.

1 Like

Mind you, loads of comedians who swear all over the shop in life as well as their routines are graduates. I’m not averse to a bit of swearing myself, come to think of it.

1 Like

Yeah but are but she’s a effin effin effin vulgarian.

1 Like

Adele is relatively easy listening music, her singing voice belies her broad accent. If she feels the need to go to Uni to feel better about herself, then, why not?

1 Like

Try reading Middlemarch on a kindle. That’ll get most people effing and jeffing while they flick back trying to remember something mentioned earlier, or have to go online nearly every other page to Google something or look a word up in the dictionary.

1 Like

Adele plans to take a break from music after her Las Vegas residency.

In addition to a degree, Adele said she would like to pursue an acting career. She revealed that she has reached out to “Elvis” director Baz Luhrmann and expressed a desire to work with him.

“I sent him a text saying, ‘I wish I was in this movie, please don’t retire, let me do something,’” she told fans.

“But I wouldn’t sing in it,” she added. “I would act, but only one movie. I’d come, do one movie, nail it, and f— off.”

What then, I wonder … :thinking:

An environmental philanthropist … :question:

But first … Las Vegas … :musical_note:

1 Like