Adele says she'll study for an English Literature degree after Las Vegas shows

During a Q&A session with fans in Los Angeles on Monday, she said: “After Vegas I want to get a degree in English Literature. If I hadn’t made it singing, I think I would be an English Lit teacher. I definitely think I use my passion for English lit in what I do. I wish I’d gone to university and had that experience, but I will do it online with a tutor. That’s my plan for 2025, just to get the qualification”.

Adele graduated from the Brit School of Performing Arts & Technology before beginning her climb to the top of pop star career ladder.

A fine ambition but, AFAIK, Adele has no academic qualifications. She might want to try for an O-Level or two to test the water … :grin:

Other stars who returned to their studies after finding fame

• Rapper Megan Thee Stallion

Yikes, thanks for the link Omah.

1 Like

Other stars who returned to their studies after finding fame

• Rapper Megan Thee Stallion

What did she do/obtain?

Don’t ask.

Oh I’m sure it’s something quite innocent, complying with forum rules.

… just something that caught my eye in your above bbc link.

1 Like

Oh, right … :grin:

Wiki says that she studied health administration and got shot in both feet but I don’t think that the events were related … :thinking:

OK, back to Adele …

If the F word was good enough for Shakespeare, it’s good enough for me.

1 Like

She may get inspiration for future songs.

1 Like

AFAIK, Shakespeare never used the F word … :man_shrugging:

(I was an English Literature student and a regular patron of the RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon … :wink:)

I assumed that’s where Adele picked it up. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

More likely, on the streets of Brixton … :grin:

1 Like

Sorry, but l have absolutely no time for this woman.
She cancelled Las Vegas and let her fans down. They were dreadfully disappointed and in turn, lost loads of their hard earned cash.
She also has a potty mouth and l don’t even rate her music.

Hence, why on this occasion… l have to pass on contributing anymore to this thread.

1 Like

Why, thou clay brained guts, thou knotty pated fool, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow catch! How’s it going, mate?

1 Like

Good for you Adele. You go girl.

Yep, we all need a language decree.

If she wants to do that degree then fine. It’s not for me nor for her music but we can have different choices in life.

Presumably this woman is relatively rich (never heard of her) so can afford to pay the market rate for her education so no qualifications are required. Money talks.

She does have qualifications.

Don’t we all?

I don’t know whether she has or not but my point was that if you have money they are unnecessary.

1 Like

Agree in principle. Am sure we can rattle off the names of people who don’t need a bit of paper or two to prove that they’re knowledgeable and capable at certain things.

But if Adele wants the challenge of having to jump through the necessary loops and do the seemingly pointless tasks at times to be handed that bit of paper whilst she’s wearing a gown and other paraphernalia from a hire shop, good luck to her.