1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

The greatest start ever…

2 Likes

1 Like

Interesting Fact - Five Nations

5 way tie

Tremendously, the 1973 tournament produced a bizarre five-way tie. Before the rules were changed in 1994, teams who finished atop the table on equal points shared the Five Nations title. But in ‘73 all five sides won two games and lost two, resulting in a curious situation which saw everyone enjoying a share of the winning celebrations, however watered down they were.
The tournament organisers have since decided a tie on points should be decided by points difference, and they went a step further by adding a bonus-point system ahead of the 2017 tournament which increased the reward for a win from two points to four.

I was born in 1973 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Wooden spoon Six Nations

Since the tournament’s conception in its current guise in 2000 when Italy were welcomed into the Five Nations fold, Ireland and England are the only sides to have never been handed a Wooden Spoon – the metaphorical prize for finishing sixth out of six.

Wales claimed the 2003 edition of this most abhorred award, while France were forced to accept the accolade in 2013. Scotland have claimed four while Italy top (or bottom?) the table with 14 of 20 spoons. You have to go back to 1998 to find Ireland’s last Wooden Spoon award, while England most recently finished bottom of the pile in 1987.

1 Like

I remember that tie.
The year they introduced points difference ( think it was the first year but I could be wrong)Wales were stuffed in their last game at Twickenham but just kept the margin of defeat from being big enough to cost them the title.

1 Like

1 Like

Wales Under 20 playPoland at Cardiff Arms Park tonight.
Kickoff 7.15.
Free to get in.
Harri Ackerman (Newport) in the centre.
Wales U20s v Poland, Cardiff Arms Park, Fri 20 January, KO 7.15pm
15 Cameron Winnett (Cardiff Rugby)
14 Llien Morgan (Ospreys)
13 Louie Hennessey (Bath Rugby)
12 Harri Ackerman (Dragons)
11 Harri Houston (Ospreys)
10 Dan Edwards (Ospreys)
9 Archie Hughes (Scarlets);
1 Dylan Keller Griffiths (Dragons)
2 Lewis Morgan (Scarlets)
3 Will Couch (Scarlets)
4 Liam Edwards (Ospreys)
5 Jonny Green (Harlequins)
6 Huw Davies (Sale)
7 Luca Giannini (Scarlets)
8 Mackenzie Martin (Cardiff Rugby)

Replacements
16 Isaac Young (Scarlets)
17 Freddie Chapman (Ospreys)
18 Tomas Pritchard (Scarlets)
19 Patrick Nelson (RGC)
20 Owain Evans (RGC)
21 Caleb Salmon (Scarlets)
22 Tom Caple (Dragons)
23 Harri Williams (Scarlets)
24 Harrison James (Cardiff Rugby)
25 Iestyn Gwilliam (Scarlets)
26 Jac Davies (Scarlets

71-12 to Wales

1 Like

So, I think it’s safe to say that it’s prediction time!

Who do you think will be the six nations champions this season?