Will you pledge allegiance to King Charles?

I reckon he’s a member here and has read what we his subjects feel about the pledge
and so he changed it… hes not a bad old soul, i hope he enjoys being King Charles, because he will never be Saint Charles…his father told him "Charles, a man has two heads, a big one, and a little one, you must never listen to the little one. but did he listen?

Hi I was going for a walk but it’s raining ,no point in getting soaked.
Settled down with a coffee to watch Bridgerton 3 :joy:

1 Like

So do you reccomend Bridgerton, or is it a last resort to swerve the acion at the Abbey?

Is that Queen Charlotte, Ripple?
If so started watching it last night, but only the first episode as got a visitor so only got to watch a bit of the second.

1 Like

Yes have you watched

1 Like

As I said some last night. I enjoyed Bridgerton.

PS Pouring with rain here as well.

1 Like

Sorry I’m watching tv and here on chat ….never that good at multitasking.

1 Like

The coronation is on TV now I flicked it on a couple of times but it was just the usual C of E durges. So slow and tedious no wonder the happy clappy mob gets bigger congregations.

I too am going to start watching Charlotte

2 Likes

Not even got the TV on Bruce. Shame it’s raining, I could have gone to a car boot, but it was cancelled due to the rain. :disappointed:

1 Like

I just put it on as they gave him some spurs… what times football on?

2 Likes

Spurs …. They’ll come in useful

Spurs are coming in 7th in the table as it stands.

1 Like

I wonder how many times he got an erection especially when the ring was presented to him. on a cloth penis. As for his pledges what a hypocrite when he can’t even honour his wedding vows to Diana .

It’s all ridiculous :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And after this huge amount of money is spent , after the buntin has been chucked in the rubbish , the champagne drunk and food consumed. The happy and glorious letters taken down and the soaked minions climbed back into their beds , Tuesday will dawn . Those waiting for operations will still be waiting , heating bills still needed paying , doctors unable to see patients and poor souls with raging toothache unable to find a NHS dentist to relieve their pain . Meanwhile the chosen few will sit in their palaces , reminiscing and delighting how good it is to be part of the chosen few .

Just my humble opinion of course

3 Likes

Hi

You are obviously a very caring person Susan.

The state of the UK is down to our Politicians, not the Royal Family.

We will make a profit on today, the destruction of our Economy is down to Liz Truss and Co.

2 Likes

People chanting “down with the crown” as it goes past :lol:

Has a horse running at Newmarket, grey called Saga today. 8-1 Got a tenner on him. Their off!! Came a close 2nd.

End of free speech - you can’t even peacefully protest now! Shocking they brought in a new law just a week ago!

5 Likes

Absolutely disgusting. The Tories are turning our country into a dictatorship to protect their privilege

As times get harder and people in desperation try to protest more, they will inevitably clamp down harder to protect what they’ve got

I never thought we’d see the like of intimidation like this in our country

Or feel the shame of something like the Public Order bill being passed, with very little objection while the rest of the world looks on aghast

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/04/un-human-rights-chief-urges-uk-reverse-deeply-troubling-public-order-bill

But it might not work out the way they hope. You push people far enough….

Like me, I thought my protesting days were over but this makes me feel different…

One last hoorah for freedom, democracy and our basic rights in our country? You betcha :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes