Will you pledge allegiance to King Charles?

The idea is that during the ceremony when the Archbishop asks, they’re inviting all of us watching to pledge allegiance by say out loud:

“ I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God."

They want it to be a chorus of millions

So, will you?

• Yes, I’ll be proud to do it
  • No, not on your Nelly,
  • No, because I’d feel stupid
  • Other - discuss below if you feel like it

0 voters

3 Likes

Will I? WIF!!

3 Likes

Off with his head!

2 Likes

That’s a tad OTT.

Hi

I will not even be watching it.

5 Likes

No because he is a knob!

3 Likes

“So help me, God” many people don’t believe in god let alone swearing allegiance to a cheating marriage wrecker and his then mistress soon to become our Queen …gross .
It’s all nonsense to me.

Yep it’s a no from me .

4 Likes

Ok …Off with his crown

1 Like

It’s traditional, his predecessor Charlie I was downsized by about a foot, Charlie III is also very keen on downsizing, it runs in the family.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. So that’ll be a no from me then.

3 Likes

Daft idea. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Serves no purpose .

2 Likes

I have never heard of anything so stupid.

2 Likes

So is that a no then?

:rofl:it certainly is EZ-Rider.

to the tower of London with 'em, or maybe Wormwood scrubs

Monarchy ain’t my thing. It’s the last vestiges of Feudalism. History aside, it’s seriously outdated.

3 Likes

Very silly, almost pythonesque.

2 Likes

No I won’t be - sounds very cult-ish and out-of-touch. People are sick of rulers and the ruled, and much more wised up on pushing for equality.

Plans to ask the public to pledge their allegiance to the King during the coronation have been branded “offensive, tone deaf and a gesture that holds the people in contempt” by a pressure group.

Charles’s coronation will include the first Homage of the People – a modern addition to the ancient ceremony that will see people across the UK and overseas realms invited to swear an oath of allegiance to Charles.

Graham Smith, a spokesman for Republic, which campaigns for the abolition of the monarchy and its replacement with a directly elected head of state, said: “In a democracy it is the head of state who should be swearing allegiance to the people, not the other way around."

Completely agree with the last bit!!

4 Likes

But why do we need an elected head of state anyway? It’s just another someone else telling us what to do.

AND it should be us telling the politicians what we want not them telling us what they can do for us.

6 Likes