Will you be voting for the Conservative Party in the 2024 UK General Election? (poll)

They broke Birmingham!!!

1 Like

We are 7th for manufacturing but it is one of those urban myths that we make nothing, this is the kind of line a Question Time audience will auto-applaud because most people aren’t aware of facts

1 Like

I can find ‘look how bad we are’ articles for any developed nation. They are meaningless in the absence of complete information.

Endless articles are on how bad things are in Canada.

All the left leaving G7 leaders are unpopular, Starner will rapidly join them as people realise he can’t fix anything

www.news.com.au has an interesting article (it wont link into here for some reason as my new phone has the copy link too far off my screen)

‘ Three unenviable economic records broken in November’

1 Like

That made the news here too

Too many captains not enough crew.

1 Like

A quick reminder of Labour running Wales;

Higher spending per head but-

NHS waiting times 50% higher than England.

Wales continues to be below the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) average and has ranked bottom of the performance table for UK nations since joining Pisa in 2006.

……

G 7 Leaders:
All left / centrist leaders are very unpopular with very low approval ratings.

Just as most of the west is going right (as Trudeau says), UK is about to spin the dice on the left.
I bet Starner is a total failure.

To give two of many inconsistencies:
Labour wants men to have long paternity leave while also promising rapid house building :crazy_face:.

The rent cap will see rental supply collapse (but never sufficient to lower house sale prices given huge population rise).

Remember millions do not qualify for a mortgage, so arguing ‘they can buy those houses’ is nonsensical.

1 Like

Its just an election, folks just need to lower their expectations.

1 Like

I keep getting stuff on my phone about “you only have a few hours to register to vote” what’s that all about? It isn’t clickable so its not a scam, but just annoying.

Pixie some people who are eligible to vote haven’t registered yet and if they don’t then they won’t be able to vote. There’s an organisation who’s been encouraging people to register so it’s probably coming from them. Midnight last night was the deadline to register. In the 24 hours up to midnight over 600,000 registered so they must have been doing something right.

1 Like

I won’t be voting for the Conservative party, and there is no Reform party candidate in my ward, but there is a SDP (Social Democratic Party) member standing and he will get my vote.
David Bettany, an ex-army sergeant who was born in South Yorkshire.
His manifesto reads briefly thus…
Support the family…The SDP will support traditional family life in welfare, education, housing, Tax and economic policy.
Back British Industry……Our present leaders don’t care where goods are made which causes huge trade deficits making us all poorer.
The SDP’s industrial, energy and skills training programmes will rebuild our manufacturing base. Trade policy will promote and protect British industry and secure well paid jobs.
Nationalise Railways and Utilities.…Selling off critical national assets to foreign owners is disastrous and unpatriotic. Services decline and profits are syphoned off abroad. The SDP will bring our railways and utilities back into public ownership to serve our citizens.
There is a whole lot more pleasing reading, some of which would not be allowed on here…
Withdrawal from the court of human rights, and stopping unrealistic Net Zero policies…
Sounds like just the bloke… :+1:

J
I`d vote for him too if I was living in that area OGF :+1:

1 Like

for the first time ever when having the right to vote , this is the only tme I have to say I am undecided. at the moment it may be a case of making a spoilt ballot vote by writing “undecided” right across it.
AS my late father said “Show me a politician and I will show you a liar”. this is more true than ever before.

HOW MANY QUANGOS ARE THERE? Quango is not an official term and establishing … The Taxpayers’ Alliance lists 957. each person in a quango is taking money out of the public purse.
I would like to see any new prime minister have the guts to get rid of the lot. they are notg needed.
same with police commissioners, another lot of scroungers we never needed or had before.
The wastage in the NHS is unbelievable. I will give an example to AZZ

1 Like

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/insight-and-analysis/reports/worlds-biggest-quango-nhs-england

Me, vote Tory? What, that left leaning lily-livered bunch?
They need thoroughly sorting out and equipped with a good whipper-in

Captains of The BoJo fleet. Are On Shore Leave.
Monaco Sardinia and Caribbean Islands. Scripting the next Pantomime.
While the rest of us search for a Lifejacket. >> Otherwise
“This way to Davie Jones Locker” .
“Divide & Rule”. From Afar. The Mantra.

2 Likes

SDP

You are absolutely right, one must remember every article you read is addressing someone’s/ parties’ agenda, cross referencing with opposing views is imperative to getting a clearer picture.

Although I lived through the pre Thacher times and still feel scared by the constant selling off of British Industries the facts today are changing for the better at long last.

Manufacturing in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia.
I do hope it reflects though to the Average ‘man in the street’ as the scales of wealth have also shifted the goals in recent years to the peeps with loads of Dosh…Mr and Mrs Average are now quite poor when you see the real cost of Living. Can they afford to buy a property can they afford to have children …can they afford basic essentials even?

It is a strange phenomenon when the Australian conservative party (the Liberal/National Coalition) is going to the next election with a plan to nationalise the power industry by building seven nuclear power stations whereas the Labor Party is championing private enterprise and renewable energy.

It is a topsy turvy political landscape.

Are the tories determined to lose as many MP’s as possible? Their gaffs continue and continue to indicate that losing badly is their primary goal.
This week it was discovered that two candidate MP’s had placed bets on the election date. Before the date was announced. But they both had inside info on that date so were breaking gambling rules and are being investigated by the Gambling Commission. Ok, that is a bit bad.
But what is funny is that the tory party was in the process of launching a new set of ads against voting Labour. The tag line of this campaign was “don’t bet on Labour”. So that campaign had to be ditched. You really could not make up this level of dumb.

2 Likes