Will you be voting for the Conservative Party in the 2024 UK General Election? (poll)

Yes, brilliant d00d… :clap:

Putting back the introduction of electric vehicles to 2035 opening up the oil and gas fields in the north sea…Among other things…Rishi is in danger of getting my vote in the next election…Good on him, a realist at last… :+1:

That’s akin to a Puritanical righteousness.
If lefty Govt produces better outcomes, explain the disastrous SNP outcomes to include;

Tumbling down global education ranking along with Wales whereas England is 4th for reading.

Worst substance and alcohol addiction in W Europe.

Lowest life expectancy in Western Europe.

Lower social mobility than England.

Highest drug death rate in Europe.

Rents cap trial area resulting in higher rent increases than non trial areas.

Seeing as you say conservative values are immoral, I will say lefty liberals only do stage one thinking. I do stage one and two.

EG handing out benefits lowers a family’s horizons, it dumbs down expectations / applauding taking Africas most important resource, is immoral. Docs n nurses are far far fewer per head in Africa

Well of course tory policy is not evil. Misguided but not evil.
The examples given of Scotland’s issues were inherited by the SNP rather than caused by the SNP policies. Scotland has long had very serious health issues, drug and alcohol abuse issues, low life expectancy, etc. So it is plain wrong to place the blame on the SNP or to try to claim that their policies have been the source of these problems.
You also fail to note that in Scotland university education is free, and prescriptions are free. Not all of SNP’s actions are bad things.
I’d hesitate to give any implication that things are so much better in England. With so many local councils (across all political party governance) gone or about to go bankrupt. With social care services so bad because of huge cuts in funded to councils. With every road a disaster area of pot holes. And that’s before we get to the merry-go-round of failed prime ministers. There are very few beacons of excellence in Tory England.

Its pretty obvious, the sitting party will lose. It always does, when things go Ape.
Put a Poll Up Listing ALL Parties. And hazard a guess.
The result would be. “Islamic Branch of the Monster Raving Looney Party”.
“Divide and Rule” ?
More like. ‘Apathy’, “Dissolves Britannia”.!
“Still Waters. Run Deep”.

1 Like

Incorrect. Falling down educational league tables is an SNP outcome.

16 yrs of SNP governance has produced those results.

True, sitting Party’s everywhere are blamed for inflation, Canada is an example where this is the case.

NZ left just got booted out as citizens blamed cost of living on them, among other things

It feels like Rishi is just shrugging his shoulders and passing on whatever troubles we are about to head into, onto someone else.

1 Like

So why have several millions chosen a new life here since 2019 then, given its so dreadful?

4th biggest exporter is an incredible achievement for a small nation.

8th biggest manufacturer.

Leading nation for film and music production.

Higher tech investment than Germany and France combined.

Leading bio tech.

Several of world’s leading Unis, no European nation has this achievement.

Cut emissions 50%, the highest of any comparable G20 nation.

2 nd highest foreign aid in the world.

Lead international military excercises.

1 Like

One out of six examples. I’ll even give you the rent cap issue, even though it is still only a trial. So four out of the six are false claims. And you state that I am incorrect? You have the gall of a politician. At least do the decent thing and clarify that the majority of claims were in error.

Do you watch Masterchef?

I’ve lost count of the number of foreign born competitors saying they just had to come to UK as it’s the place to be in terms of restaurant experience.

You:

‘Tories have been in power 14 yrs and still try to blame any failure on others” (Liz Truss blamed The Blob for example).

Also you:

16 yrs of failure is NOT anything to do with the SNP

1 Like

True. It used to be.
"When the going gets Tough. The tough get going.
Its got Tough.
And even Gatling Gob Farage, sees US elections a Softer ride.
Not to mention Financially beneficial.

1 Like

Aye, says a lot when everyone grumbles about the state of things yet nobody has any answers to fix it, except “How can I get rich off this”. :frowning:

1 Like
1 Like

Yup, I stated that and I stand by it. There are multiple examples of Tory politicians blaming anything and everything and everyone else for problems of today. Now not all the country’s problems were caused by Tory policies - but quite a few were. And even if not a problem driven by their own policies, they have had 14 years to address problems. So they do need to do a lot more of owning the current state of the country.

When did I state that? I did say that many of the examples you gave were inherited from before the SNP gained control of Holyrood, indeed from before devolution. I did not say “not anything to do with the SNP”. I think you need to put your reading glasses on. Or I’ll start misquoting you.

So, once again, can you correct your erroneous statements of earlier please? Man up and admit your error; you will feel better for it.

We spend ever more with each passing year, national debt is huge.

I look forward to Labour Govt pouring money in with no meaningful change in outcomes.

Notice how left of centre Govts all over Europe have been booted out, from Portugal to Finland to Greece.
Poland has a centrist in power but he aped anti immigration rhetoric to win power.

The Tories have tried to cut their way to growth. Why they thought that would happen is beyond me. There is no evidence, anywhere that cutting spending and cutting taxes leads to growth. It just makes rich people richer and makes the vulnerable poorer and worst off. It is the very definition of failing a nation. This destined-to-fail approach was personified by Truss who, against all sane advice, tried to accelerate that cutting. Only the half baked minds of the right wing, small state, the market is always right, lowest regulation Tory hard core was this ever going to work. But they convinced themselves and then look what happened.
Yet that is still at the core of Tory thinking. But without this approach to governing the country - what exactly are the Tories offering?

OK so why is our growth very similar these days to similarly sized European nations?

The financial press all over the world is debating why advanced western nations are in an era of low growth.

Try not to answer everything through a ‘but Britain is terrible’ lens.

Biden has accumulated nearly $40 trillion in debt to get a bit more growth. Im not sure that’s a risk worth taking.

What is wrong with investment to stimulate growth? The great failing of Thatcher’s politics was she (rightly) tackled the unions but disastrously believed that losing manufacturing was a price worth paying. She (and to be fair subsequent governments) ended up hooked on the thriving financial sector instead - and look where that got the world. If cutting doesn’t work (which not to say spending can be careless) then something different is needed.

Here’s the BBC on our growth;

The UK is now growing joint fastest in the G7, equal with Canada and outpacing France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States.