Will you be voting for the Conservative Party in the 2024 UK General Election? (poll)

What a clown!

If I’d have known he was in South Wales I would have done down just to give the little rat a slap :043: really can’t stand him and his ilk, they are a scourge on humanity and directly responsible for a large number of people dying or living in dire poverty (as well as all the other ills in the world) - they deserve all the contempt they get!!! :lol:

2 Likes

He also did a Q&A at a biscuit factory where he was asked a question on immigration….by a Tory councillor
the damage is too great to the country because of fifteen years of unnecessary austerity, it will take decades to repair and rebuild there’s no quick fix…

Me neither… but?

^5^5. England needs Scotland and its pragmatism.
More than Scotland needs England.
One only needs to look at the PM’s. and Nation Shapers. With Scottish “Ancestry” throughout history.
Skip the Rainbow World [Despite all, it hasn’t happened in The RSA]
Out of Apathy. Bring back. United Patriotism.
The “Divide and Rule” Soundbite. Only gives us, a Self Satisfying Bureaucracy

I know it’s none of my business but I found this interesting.

He likes spending tax payers money.

A hung party? I do not trust any so will not vote for any.

3 Likes

I was considering what would happen if Scotland got independence. No access to national health service, also having to pay for their own education -
Shipping goods direct to Scotland by boat costing more. Pay their own benefits such as old age pension, unemployment, council tax and Scottish tax, just to mention a few cost having to be met by Scottish rate payers. No access to the English parliament or MPs. Can Scotland actually stand and support itself? I don’t think so

I don’t think you’ll be alone in that, many people have lost faith in politics and politicians and indeed are disillusioned with democracy all together

I am myself, because I know I can’t change anything with my vote, so democracy in this country is an illusion

And disenchantment with democracy leads to the rise of populist and single issue parties

3 Likes

Scotland has many English people moving up here who seem quite happy with adding to our coffers. Might be worth thinking about yourself, when things go belly up down your way :grin:

3 Likes

We had a holiday in Helmsdale, remember Dunrobin castle and Embo beach. Wick was an enjoyable day out.

1 Like

This has little to do with this years general election - especially as the SNP are in turmoil and won’t be pressing for independence for some time.
But the answer is: why not? Other similar sized nations do very well. Denmark for example has a much higher GDP per person that the UK. No-one asks whether Sweden or Ireland can support themselves. Scottish education and health are already run separately in Scotland.
The big problem for independence is trade and particularly road trade with England. As we’ve seen with Brexit, even a tariff free trade agreement creates problems, delays and costs. That would likely become the major issue as so much trade in/out of Scotland is to England.

1 Like

I wont be voting, not since they brought in this photo identity policy. I don’t have one. No passport, no driving licence, nowt with my pic on it. It’s stupid as we are known here; having lived here for over 50 years.

2 Likes

Do you have a bus pass - because you can use that. Alternatively you could apply for a postal vote - which is what I do. The right to vote was a hard fought for right - please use it

2 Likes

No bus pass & I really can’t be bothered now. They are all the same.

1 Like

I have no idea which party will get my vote yet - I shall wait to see what the policies of each party are and then decide. In the past I have had no problem knowing who I would support, but these days things aren’t so straightforward. A problem I have is that our MP is very good and has done much for the constituency so it should be an easy choice, however the party she represents is in complete disarray making the decision much more difficult this time.

I won’t vote for any party that want to cripple the nation with all this climate change and net zero malarkey…Who does that leave?

1 Like

HaHa

1 Like

Obviously Reform will be only party left if you are so keen on denying climate change (EDIT: that is climate change is man made, is addressable, and that a single country can make a difference. Happy?). But given that all the other parties think this is a serious issue and that action needs to be taken to address it … that leaves you and a few Reform people thinking otherwise. And what are the chances that the Reform people are right and everyone else being wrong? Personally I’d go as far as to say that if a Reform candidate believed one thing then most likely the opposite is true.
Besides, voting Reform will be a waste (apart from the protest aspect) and only serve to make Tory candidates lose worse than they would have done otherwise. Oh, I’ve just talked myself into convincing you to vote for Reform. Result, of sorts.

Trump?

1 Like

Once again you have completely manipulated my post to make it sound like a conspiracy theory… :009:
For a start, I don’t deny that climate change is happening. Only a fool would suggest such a thing. The climate has never been static, and continues to change. The speed of that change may or may not be down to human interference, but change it will…
Chances are that if it is down to human interference, the UK contributes less than one percent, in this instance we are discussing the candidates at the forthcoming general election. I don’t care what happens in other parts of the world, I care what happens in this part of it, and to create poverty, unemployment and expensive energy and food bills on something that we have no control over is not what our government should be concentrating on. There are lots of things wrong in the UK, and the changing climate is not one of them…
So in summary…I will not vote for any party that subscribes to net zero or climate change.

1 Like