Will Smith smacks Chris Rock live at the Oscars

Thank you. It is a shame that the winner is over shadowed by foolishness.

Of course. It’s not personally mine. I scooped it too. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Due to technical reasons I am unable to post pictures. Pity as there is one going round with Mike Tyson being booked as the comedian for next year’s Oscar ceremony.

1 Like

There’s a funny one going around about what happens to him when he accidentally slaps The Rock ( the wrestler!) instead of Chris Rock :grin: I’ll try to find it again

2 Likes

Will should have kicked Rock in the balls, but due to ‘Testicle’ reasons I can’t show an example…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

In its statement, the Academy said: “Mr Smith was asked to leave the ceremony and refused, [but] we also recognize we could have handled the situation differently.”

It also announced it had “initiated disciplinary proceedings against Mr Smith for violations of the Academy’s Standards of Conduct”.

These include inappropriate physical contact, abusive or threatening behaviour, and compromising the integrity of the Academy, it said.

The Academy said action may be taken at its next board meeting on 18 April. That may include “suspension, expulsion, or other sanctions,” the statement said.

I would prefer expulsion, but I’ll settle for suspension … :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Another ill mannered lout with more ego than talent!

1 Like

The weirdness keeps rolling in.

OJ Simpson posted a video saying that he thinks Will Smith went too far.

Late night talk show host compilation

Ricky Gervais was trending because people were asking what would have happened if Gervais told that joke. Gervais responded that nothing would have happened. He wouldn’t have told that joke. He would have told a joke about Jada’s boyfriend. [Jada admitted to an ‘entanglement’ with someone in 2021; Will Smith has openly discussed his multiple affairs before the ‘entanglement’]

That’s what seems disingenuous to me. If Will Smith is so concerned about his wife’s honor, he could stop having so many affairs that he splashes across the media.

Whoopi Goldberg has been all over the map, from saying there will be no consequences for the slap to saying there will be big consequences for the slap. She’s on the Board of Governors for the Academy.

Chris Rock got a warm reception at his Boston show where, in his stand-up act, he said he’s still processing what happened.

O J Simpson ?

The guy who was on trial for murdering his wife. and then went to jail for stealing something out of someone’s house. He’s telling Will Smith that a slap went too far.

Thank you Butterscotch I am aware who OJ Simpson is :slight_smile:

Why the question mark?

1 Like

Well I would have thought it was obvious .
The thing is as an American perhaps you don’t understand the subtlety of the English language

Then perhaps you can explain it. I understand everyone else here just fine.

2 Likes

If you have to ask there is not a lot of point .

Which is why I wondered why you asked about the OJ Simpson joke.

Joke ?
If it was a joke it was a pretty sick one .

I must say Muddy, I thought that O J Simpson complaining of the slapping was a bit ironic…
:043:

1 Like

It was well acted out, but they should have finished with a big hug.

1 Like

wooops I think I may have misquoted muddy.

If the slap was a joke …

It was well acted out, but they should have finished with a big hug.

1 Like

I think they did d00d, later Will apologised to the Rock for the slap…

2 Likes