Will Smith smacks Chris Rock live at the Oscars

Chris Rock was setting up the award, making jokes as they do at the Oscars. Chris Rock made a joke about Jada Smith, Will Smith’s wife.

Will Smith walked up on stage and smacked Chris Rock.

I don’t watch the Oscars, so I don’t know much more about it, other than it’s an amazing clip.

caution: foul language in the clip

During his acceptance speech, he apologized to the Academy and his fellow nominees but also defended his actions.

1 Like

CWmbXET

3 Likes

Yep Fraggle, they are all “Lovies” really, all part of being in the Club!

1 Like

Whilst channel hopping this morning I cam upon probably the most annoying person on television, Susanna Reid pontificating about the incident which I watched, what I saw was Will Smith give a comedian a slap for a joke he made about Smiths wife. Reid would have you believe that a major assault had taken place, instead of a rather girlie slap.

Looked well choreographed to me, but what do I know.

2 Likes

He should have done the job properly and knocked him out cold. Hittting with the flat of the hand? well that ain’t going to hurt anyone

Its the girlie way, but still it was bad enough for Susanna Reid up on her high horse. :smiley::smiley:

Give him an Oscar.

Bet they are Mates again already, probably went for a Slap Up Meal afterwards.

Don’t forget these guys are “actors” who have been in many “comedy” films. Was it all a set up? I vote yes.

4 Likes

Of course it was not a set up Susanna Reid says so. :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Do we live in a different world to those that appear on televisions as according to the utter rubbish said by presenters and their ‘expert’ guests world war three broke out at the Oscars rather than the rather girly slap that looked utterly faked?

1 Like

I don’t believe it was staged. I think Will was annoyed at someone taking the p out of his wifes distressing condition of alopecia. What made me think it wasn’t a joke was the use of the f word.

All kudos to him for standing up for his wife but I’d have respected him more if he did it backstage instead he overshadowed the winners of the awards. People won’t remember who won what, they will remember how Will Smith slapped Chris Rock.

Chris’ joke was in poor taste in my opinion.

7 Likes

He made the situation worse for his wife but hey as he said that’s what love does…and who wouldn’t want someone like Will Smith in your corner looking out for you

1 Like

Well if this is the best he could come up with I think I am better relying on myself and my trusty baseball bat. :rofl:

You took the words out of my mouth. I was just about to say something along these lines. Agree 100% Queenie.

2 Likes

It had to happen of course.
Jeremy Vine asking “should Will Smith be stripped of his Oscar”

I thought it was very brave of him …he just walked right up and slapped him… very brave in my book but you are right a baseball bat would have been more effective :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh how ridiculous! Just Jeremy Vine trying to get in on the act for a bit of free publicity. Idiot.

1 Like

You knew it was coming, I would not be surprised if Miss annoying herself Susanna Reid did not suggest such a thing but I would rather watch paint dry that watch the breakfast shows on TV. :rofl: