Why the Monarchy Should Have Died With the Queen

That’s the ticket. Just the sort of stuff we need for the OFC Court Circular.

Thank God that, er, God has placed Charles amongst us to defend the faith(s) along with preserve many arcane practices.

I’m missing the funeral already.

1 Like

No doubt it’ll be available to buy or download as a box set soon. Wonder what the DVD of unseen footage and interviews will contain?

1 Like

Always looking for gossip and scandal, I was quite interested in finding out about “Mr Dennis Wilson” who accompanied the Governor of NSW - was he the Governor’s illicit bit on the side?

Alas the truth was more mundane, they are married and have three children.

“Her Excellency has three children - Erin, Lauren and Anthony - and is married to Mr. Dennis Wilson, a barrister, mediator, accredited international arbitrator and Adjunct Professor of Law, at Notre Dame University, Sydney.”

So disappointing.

A late addition - the official photo of the Governor and Mr Wilson

I can see the court circular thread just going gangbusters

1 Like

Ok it’s a bit out of date now but.,.
The extent of the Duchy of Cornwall and the Crown Estate are interesting .

Saturday

6 May

Coronation of Charles III and Camilla 2023

Different situations, if this lady had tried that likely would have been arrested.

we have a ‘royal’ family
in the pictures on our walls
me granny does a curtsy
but grandpa just grunts; farts and snores

me ma says they’re the lightning
that will never strike us twice
me da says bloody nonsense
I’ve seen mutton dressed twice as nice?

Some say they are the putty
that holds great GB all apart?
I’d rather have a frolic with
me girlfriend in the park?

They’re like a ‘comfort’ blanket
we don’t need it but is warm
and we’d be lost without them
cos the tourists come and swarm?

2 Likes

Should not die but be drastically slimmed down. Charlie, Camilla, Wills and Kate. The others should get jobs (real jobs) not something that pays them to do nothing. Looks like Andy is well suited to be a dog sitter. Anne could be a stable hand. Eddie could work in a theatre booking office. All sorted then.

2 Likes

When one reflects on the progress humankind has made over the last few thousand years in terms of eg flight, space travel, medicine, philosophy etc etc, it does seem just a bit silly to hold a family up on a pedestal when their sole current achievement is to have a traceable family tree going back a few hundred years (no need for any of them to appear on BBC’s Who do You Think You Are), and to wear strange clothes at times. It’s all a bit, well, er, “Trumpton” if truth be told.

1 Like

In this day and age it’s pretty sad .
Still it suits people who like to pull the forelock and fawn over their supposed superiority.
Grovel grovel .

1 Like

I suppose there are worse things for a country to have its population feel subservient to.

A friend did do me a DVD from the TV.Not good quality though,there was quite a loud knocking sound on some of it.

1 Like

Was she trying to get out?

1 Like

The great hope for monarchists, of course, is Harry’s brother. They secretly wish for a brief interregnum of Charles III, followed by the rejuvenating promise of William V. His apparent ease with the burden of his birthright stands in marked contrast to his father, who has said that the gradual realisation that he would one day be king was a “ghastly, inexorable” experience.

I believe William will decide for himself, step aside if he feels monarchy is not what the people want.

1 Like

Outdated guardian link.

Am curious what it’s got to do with H&M, and why they’re the focal point?

Edit … think this might work The monarchy: so what are they for? | Monarchy | The Guardian

@Cinderella , interesting bit from that article:

Chief among these is a question of modernising values. Even her most voluble detractors would admit that Meghan Markle brought a much-needed flavour of the 21st century to the Windsors. She spoke of inclusivity and diversity and, while she may not have been a nail technician from a Bradford council estate, she was avowedly not an identikit posh blonde from the home counties.

In the good old days, Meghan would have been a mistress of little consequence, and her children would be b@stards.

1 Like

He’s urbane ,presentable and is Diana’s son .
But it’s not about personalities it’s about the entire archaic system of unearned wealth and privilege by reason of birth .

Thanks for posting correct link

1 Like

Which is why William will respect the wishes of the people when he becomes King. He is guiding his father and already influencing the monarchy for his reign.

1 Like