Why the Monarchy Should Have Died With the Queen

Would he respect and abide by the wishes of the people who want a referendum and the possible outcome that the monarchy is terminated, and/or historic inheritance tax is paid retrospectively?

He might compromise, who knows.

May I ask how you know that ?

Has been widely reported.

Who by ?

Daily Mail

This means nothing note the phraseology.

He is said to ……

He could have said to ………say / respect or not respect anything or nothing.

Sources close …….
Insiders ………

Inside where the DM office ?

This is just pap for the masses

Time will tell, Charles’ reign might be a factor.

1 Like

Gosh they are really pumping up the RF presence aren’t they? Is this because we are all getting peed off with them and they are trying to stay relevant? :joy:

2 Likes

Very funny clip in the news/social media today of the Pm’s latest meeting with the King :

Liz Truss could be forgiven for assuming her first weekly audience with King Charles would offer respite from a week of political disaster and economic ruin. It did not play out that way.

It took just 15 seconds of video from the meeting at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday night for the monarch to make things worse.

As Truss curtseyed, and said: “Your Majesty”, Charles replied: “So you’ve come back again?”

While Truss replied: “It’s a great pleasure,” he could only mutter: “Dear, oh dear. Anyway …”

The clip, which came after another day of turmoil in the economic markets and mutinous plotting on the Conservative party backbenches, quickly went viral.

Have to say it makes me like Charles a bit more

1 Like

“Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.”

He’s proving to be quite entertaining .

Nope they’ve always been out and about, but sadly not much is reported about it on the TV media.

What on earth is sad about it ?

We don’t know these people .
We don’t really know what they are really like .
The thing is to make the plebs think they do it’s all about image .

Well, they are certainly making up for lost time then. Which is completely tone deaf at this time. I don’t really know what they hope to achieve by making their presence felt :woman_shrugging:

They have to do something to justify their massive income which is in the region of £2 million a month from the Duchy of Cornwall alone .

Cor strewth Pixie as I said before, they’ve always done it. I scroll a lot of the papers every evening and I see what they’ve been doing. My favourite was when they were at an old people’s home and one of the residents was flirting with Prince William.

Today he’s gone from that charity to doing this:

I love that expression “cor strewth!” :joy:

I suppose I haven’t really noticed them wandering about, and perhaps it’s more to the fore now because it’s either them flaunting their wealth, or politicians telling us we will all freeze / starve. Kind of weird don’t you think…the striking contrast of it all? For us stuck in the middle.