Why do I love YouTube?

Because it’s the only website where I can watch the most depressing news and documentaries, and then cure it all with Puppies!
Wonderful concept keeps me balanced. :laughing: :laughing:
Kittens are cute, but puppies make the world go round! :laughing:

6 Likes

puppies and poos…
YouTube I use a lot…mainly for listening to music. I do exercises of varied types and always use YouTube for those.
Have learnt to do various dances through YouTube…endless for me…,
I am on it right now…

2 Likes

Oh I love YouTube! It has taught me so much, creatively, and also there are endless short movies and documentaries, inspirational and motivational guidance, funnies, kittens, and puppies. Its better than TV I think.

2 Likes

I too use You Tube, but as I do not like the way Google intrudes, I refuse to ‘join’ and I also control all cookies and beacons. That does mean I have to faff around each and every time I connect to YT but for me that’s a price well worth paying :+1:

2 Likes

I see a fair amount of YouTube stuff too, the ads can be intrusive but they don’t last for long thank goodness…

2 Likes

For the most part they let you “skip”. When they force you to watch one it’s usually 15 sec. Nothing like 10 min of commercials on TV. My only complaint is that the commercials are 3 times al loud as whatever you’re watching. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I found the same and I’ve been forced to deploy an auto volume limiting addition which is set to my comfortable maximum.

1 Like

If you’re into stats/futurist thinking etc, check out this Channel!

The website is even better and has a lot more content !!!

2 Likes

For music I generally listen to an internet radio station. I like being surprised by some of their choices. I listen to YouTube when I want to hear The Greatest Hits of… then I put on my headphones and bye bye world. :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Sounds like my bag. :grinning:

1 Like

Has nothing to do with subject.
OK no more kidding the Brits about funny hats. I found this on the internet and all I can say is WTF are they wearing.
history-nursesW

Australia really!? :imp: :imp:

3 Likes

I watch YT on my desktop pc and laptop, and don’t get any ads.

On my phone I do get ads. I assumed it was because I was using the YT App.

2 Likes

Radio Paradise is my favourite internet radio station…such an eclectic choice of music there :radio:

4 Likes

“Y” Fronts? … LMAO!!

1 Like

Reminds me of

2 Likes

Photoshopped surely? :thinking:

I watch youtube through a browser with script blockers. I only have to set it up once, not every time I connect to youtube. I don’t ever see ads on youtube.

Every once in a while (like a couple times a year), the script blocker will fail and an ad will get around it, but it generally self-corrects pretty quickly.

I hope this doesn’t change. Watching ads on youtube would make me sad.

2 Likes

I’m a discriminating user of YouTube. There are quite a number of propaganda videos or videos on more complex political and historical issues that have to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Nothing beats YouTube’s “How to…” or DIY videos, though. There’s hardly anything I embark on about the house and garden which I haven’t watched a couple of videos on. Unbeatable also when it comes to comparing the market and finding product information prior to purchasing more expensive items.

4 Likes

Me too though when i watch it on my TV I have to suffer the ads. They must have an algorithm for ads because I escape from 15sec ads and don’t get them very often. YouTube has become more ad intensive and ads during videos make me unsubscribe.

If they are a subject I really am interested in, particularly tutorials, I download them, no ads then

2 Likes

I download most things I watch if it’s a hour or longer. No ads. My ad blocker keeps me from getting ads except at the beginning. When I take it off they want to show 3 or 4 ads during. It’s becoming more and more commercialized which opens up territory for a video upload service without ads and steal a lot of YouTubes users.

1 Like