Who has planned a holiday for this year and where?

Mine ran out over 10 Years ago…I hate flying and all the Airport Hassle that goes with it. I’d much rather explore my own Country these Days. :slight_smile:

Chippy that sounds excellent :slight_smile: I am not a sitting on a beach type of person I would rather be 'up and doing '.

Roxy darlin’ - like me, you’d have a WONDERFUL time at the airport honest. Like me you’d set off all the security alarms merely by passing through the metal detector - They don’t like me at Gatwick!!! - am I worried??? am I concerned??? - in the words of Pygmalion, “Not Bloody likely”.

I know you so well Geoff Ladd…You’d enjoy it lol. I’d still not had the knees done when It ran out so I didn’t set anything off. I meant the arriving hours before, the long lines, the delays, just the general nusiance stuff…I couldn’t be bothered with it all.

Ahhh but Roxy darlin’ - when the alarms trigger they tend to clear the airport, which means there is no queue!!!

LOL hhmmm Well yes, I never thought of that one…Crafty Begger you. :cool:

People have to get up VERY early in the morning to catch me out Roxy darlin’ ;-);-):wink:

Ah Well, as The Laird can vouch…I’m no Morning Person lol.

I am having a few short breaks this year. I love holidays but its difficult with the dogs. I’ve had a week at my house in Spain. At some point I am visiting a friend who has a farm in Norfolk for a few days where I can take the dogs and then back to the Norfolk Broads in October for a week in a cottage with a couple of friends. I am taking a week off in August to escape the dreaded Olympics travelling problems but probably won’t go anywhere. Need to keep a few days spare just in case the house in Spain sells and I have to go out there to complete purchase. Had a viewing on Friday and am awaiting feedback from the estate agent. Fingers crossed !!

After almost 4 years of retirement I still can’t get over the fact that this is for real and I am not on holiday. Every day feels like a holiday because my time is my own to do with as I choose :smiley:

Thats something I have always fancied doing Chippy but OH isnt adventures enough :cry:
We’ve usually at least planned a holiday by now if not had an early one - usually a cottage somewhere so we can take the dog but this year Hubby has either had a Docs or a Hospital appointment nearly every week or has not been well enough. He has to go in Hospital next week for a small Op & knowing him he will have all the side effects that you can get from it & it will be weeks before he is fit enough to go anywhere :cry:

I can’t wait to retire :-D:-D

Holidays are a thing of the past for me since going self employed and moving to Cumbria. No dosh!! But can’t complain as have had some fantastic holidays over the years overseas and since having dogs, in this country.

I am lucky to live very in a lovely part of the country so will occasionally take a day off and take Bonnie into the Lakes instead of holidays.:smiley:

Me too 2 years to go and counting :-D:-D

Oooh lucky you! I’ve got 9 yrs as the government keep moving the goal post!! But I am seriously thinking of selling my house and buying a cheaper one and live off difference until I can get my pensions :slight_smile:

I won’t get my state pension until I’m 65 but have decided to retire at 60 and manage on my private pensions. I will also be moving to a cheaper house. Bring it on !! :smiley:

Great minds think alike! I want to retire at 60 but don’t think my private pensions will pay out enough but I will get quotes!

Worth getting quotes Marian. Ask them to quote on the basis you are retiring now as they won’t forward plan due to market fluctuations. I have done this already and its given me a good idea of what I will get when the time comes. I’ve got 5 schemes in total and 2 will pay out when I’m 60 anyway.

I still have 11yrs before I can retire. Have a private pension, which ended the other week, was supposed to be a reasonable amount, not worth a light. So I have carried it on till I am 66.

Going to Cyprus for two weeks, all inclusive. Daughters getting married there. Around 27 adults and children going.

Not looking forward to the airport or flight with all these little ones. Airport so boring for them.

OH and I will need to find a quite corner somewhere.;-):lol:

Shaz darlin’ - that sounds wonderful. Whereabouts in Cyprus are you staying??? - was there myself last September staying at the Ascos Beach Hotel at Coral Bay, to the West of Paphos - wonderful hotel, very friendly and the food was marvellous!!!

We are staying somewhere in Paphos, next to the beach. Pictures look ok, thats all I know.:lol: Daughter has organized the hotel complex.
With 10 kids in toe, I think OH and myself will be going on a lot of walks or bike rides, for a little just us time.;-):lol: Don’t get me wrong. Love spending time with our four grandchildren.:slight_smile:

I have stayed in Coral Bay some years back, very enjoyable holiday.