Who has planned a holiday for this year and where?

So, who has planned a holiday for this year and where? Do tell! :smiley:

The last “holiday” I went on was coming up to four years ago, but was not in happy circumstances and I had extremely serious thoughts about cancelling, but folk made me go.

So, what are your plans, if any? :smiley:

I would love to go away again, but it’s not something I’d do on my own. What do others think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just spent a Week up in Orkney with my Son and Daughter, the Weather was great…I could hardly beleive it. Orkney is only a 50 Minutes Ferry Ride from where I live and it’s crazy that I’d never been over there before, especially as my Partner and I usually go to Shetland for the Up Helly-Ah Fire Festival each Winter. We also have our own Fire Festival and Boat Burning here in Thurso called Da Donnie, it’s much the same as the one on Shetland but on a smaller scale.
The Neolithic Village of Scarra Brae was fasinating, as was the Standing Stones, The Ring of Brodgar. It was a great Week and we learned so much History of the Islands, I was wacked out at the end of it too lol but really enjoyed it.
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee315/Tanglehar/P1030966.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee315/Tanglehar/P1030996.jpg

Not until the end of Summer (if we ever get one at all) but am off to - Paris for a few days in September.

I have had my holiday nearly three weeks ago, thank goodness that is over and done with. It was my first holiday for two years, three days in the island of my birth. As nice as it is to go home occasionally, I can’t say I like holidays much, as I am out of routine, which irritates me.

Had mine with the family three weeks ago too and it rained every day :-(.

We still enjoyed it though, the farm house in which we stayed was idyllic set in a fold in the Devon hills .

People keep telling me I’m on holiday every day ! That’s what you get for living in Spain.

My youngest daughter and family are off to Disneyland Florida for a couple of weeks in August, sooner them than me! The grandchildren are beside themselves with excitement, of course!:slight_smile:

I shall be off on a cruise at the end of the month, and shall spend 8 days abroad.
I am really looking forward to my holiday on the Isle of Wight.:lol:

I think I have given up on holidays now thank goodness, as we usually end up coming home the next day, I dont like going away from home.

We had a small coach trip for a few days around Scotland, but have not had a major holiday for a couple of years. If I can get the wife back to work, we would either go back to Florida Disneyworld or take a cruise around Alaska or somewhere like that.

My sister and her husband go in for exotic holidays, like the Arctic and Antartic.

I love the Neolithic pictures in Roxy’s post. I find anything like that interesting as I’m not a beach type of person. If :shock: I do go abroad though, it has to be somewhere warmer than here. :smiley:

The Isle of Wight is very nice, and The Isle of Man is a brilliant place to go. :slight_smile:

We are off to South Devon for two weeks in August with our daughter, SIL and grandchildren - we have 2 caravans booked on the same site and I can guess which caravan Katie and Jamie will want to stay in!:lol:

I love Florida too, Graham … we have already booked for next year and that will be our third visit there.

No holiday plans at the moment, although I may go over to my Nieces & family in Germany for a week later on in year.

Leaving in about 30 mins to spend a week here :

That looks beautiful Claire, I hope you have a lovely time! :smiley:

Have a great time Claire :slight_smile:

Happy Holiday Claire.

Holidays are a thing of the past for me I am afraid.
I was always a homebird re Holidays…always stayed in the UK…Never had a holiday abroad…Too late now.
Always enjoyed going down to Joyce`s neck of the woods Liverpool…Stayed in the Uni Halls of residence for cheapness…From Liverpool had a day out at Southport,another day we would go to Chester.etc.

Now we are both not fit to travel.

I’ve just realised I should have put this in the Holidays section. I forgot all about it. :frowning: