Who do you think will become the new Tory party leader?

…and who would you want to become the leader? :101:

Note there are two polls - one to say who you think the party will choose, and the other to say which one you would choose.

Who do you think the Tory party will choose as their leader?
  • Rishi Sunak
  • Penny Mordaunt
  • Liz Truss
  • Kemi Badenoch
  • Tom Tugendhat

0 voters

Who would YOU like to be Tory party leader?
  • Rishi Sunak
  • Penny Mordaunt
  • Liz Truss
  • Kemi Badenoch
  • Tom Tugendhat
  • Bring Bojo back!
  • None of them!

0 voters

I voted none of them - they are all useless :043:

I don’t think any of them would be able to win a GE.

4 Likes

Whether they could or couldn’t win a GE, they have a couple of years still to make their mark. IMHO, if KS remains as Labour leader then they stand a damned good chance of winning the next one if they can win over the Red and Blue Wall voters.

1 Like

Hi Azz … :exclamation:

I’ll use my vote:

Sunak WILL

Mordaunt SHOULD

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If they choose somebody even more incompetent like Truss, then I reckon we may well see an early GE :upside_down_face:

Kier Starmer is just as unelectable tho :lol:

Hi Omah! I hope you’re all behaving… unlikely knowing you lot :044:

I don’t want any of them either :roll_eyes: I’d like a nice honest person who wants to help people, and none of these are that person, imo :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Tories aren’t that by definition :wink:

4 Likes

:043:

Quite … but, AFAIK, Mordaunt is unsullied … :047:

3 Likes

So far… :shushing_face:

1 Like

Liz Truss gets lost trying to leave room in leadership launch event

:rofl:

1 Like

She really is clueless isn’t she :lol:

2 Likes

She reminds me of Mavis:

2 Likes

It’s like choosing the best of the worst.
Not much more I can add!

2 Likes

I’m confident with my vote Azz …… I think! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I think you may well be right Mags… I suppose anything is possible when you have a billionaire father in law :081:

Makes you wonder who’s in charge of PR for these parties, surely they’d see none of them are very electable! :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Come on Azz, you are supposed to be impartial! :wink:

1 Like

Owen Jones on making that choice :anguished:

Being asked to choose the least worst Tory to run the country is like being confronted with a smorgasbord of bacterial infections and weighing up the different symptoms and frankly risk of fatality. Am I seeking a candidate whose policies are less harmful, or one who repels voters most and thus secures Tory defeat?

2 Likes

Does it not seem that this dismal group of opportunists are living in fake post-Boris world of their own? They are all promising tax cuts when the state of the nations says that is the last thing they should be doing. They are all aiming to maximise the benefits of Brexit when finding ways to limit the damage from Brexit seems much more pressing. It is worrying that they see these non-policies as things that the other tory MPs and the voting tory party membership will find attractive. That implies there are many in these two groups who care nothing about the future of the UK.
Although these candidates might have learnt well at the elbow of their old leader - make any old promise, do it glibly and brazenly and don’t worry about keeping to it. Just get votes.

2 Likes

Rishi is promising to cut taxes when he set them…he is promising to cut inflation when he caused it…what part of this even makes sense at all? :017:

2 Likes