When was your last walk/hike?

Spent the weekend in Suffolk in glorious weather. Had a long walk on the pier, promenade and town centre in Southwold. My husband should have had spinal surgery earlier in the year but it was cancelled on the day as his BP was too high. Walking is not very comfortable for him so he did really well.

1 Like

Walking is important, for all sort of reasons, well done to you and your Husband.

Every day with the dog, either along the beach, through the forest, up river. Used to go up into the hills but he’s getting old now and that’s too much for him now, also I struggle a bit as well on the slopes.

1 Like

Looks like scenery from ‘Local Hero’ Rox. Mrs Fox and my favourite film…

Local Hero is one of my favourite films as well. I can’t see anyone living in an upturned boat and beachcombing, though, but you never know!

1 Like

I think my last long walk was along the beach and through the nature reserve at Holkham in Norfolk. Planning to return to that part of the world very soon and more long walks. Its a good time of the year for walking as not too hot as long as the weather holds out.

I live not far from Holkham and my friend lives on the Holkham Hall Estate. Have you ever been there when the Household Cavalry take their summer holiday? What a sight, about a hundred horses with their soldiers in T shirts and shorts galloping along the beach, and I mean galloping. It is stunning.

1 Like

It’s along the top coast road, I always stop there on my way over to Durness. It’s called “The Kyle of Tongue” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

On Monday previous I went hiking at the Kalamunda National Park and shared a few photographs here that evening
An impressive example of a “Two Headed” Xanphorrhoea preissii - Grass Tree

A Blue Tongue Lizard

A snapshot of Marri, Wandoo and Jarrah trees on the slopes of the hillside
)
Bearded Dragon

Typical Hillside surrounding Perth with Granite Rocks

3 Likes

You’d be surprised lol. These are a couple of old photos at John o Groats from 100 or so years ago. :laughing:

1 Like

“How can you do business with anyone who doesn’t have a door?”
:grinning:

No, I’ve never seen that but it is such a long and wide beach there must be plenty of space for them. A delightful place to live. We are from Kent but like the quiet, especially in spring or early autumn. Some large gardens and old houses also to visit in the area.

A large scotch and you’d never notice!

I found a couple of videos for you:

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That does have a door. Quite a well appointed residence!

1 Like

My last strenuous walking was the last week in August Snowdonia National Park also Criccieth Castle I clambered up to the top.
I do a couple of miles dog walking everyday.

3 Likes

They come here every summer usually in July. It is breathtaking seeing them. The soldiers, most of whom who have no previous riding experience before joining, love it, as do the horses. Imagine plodding around the streets of London and then being able to gallop on those vast sands. They swim too which is very beneficial for the horses.

1 Like

And beef sandwiches Greengage…
:sunglasses:

Them horses look chuffed to bits. It makes me happy to see them being happy…
:grinning:

Mrs Fox and me just love Criccieth Ripple. We frequent a cafe’ overlooking the castle walls when we visit…Makes me wish I was there now…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

It does indeed. I usually have tears in my eyes when they all descend on the beach because it is so emotional.

My husband and daughter used to ride there a lot and our horses loved it but we are down to one elderly horse now and it would be too much for her. :cry:

1 Like