What's the essential part of a Full English breakfast?

If you cook your bread in a pan without fat, that is the same as toasting as it is with seeds etc, but put a decent amount of fat in the pan (I prefer butter for all of my frying) then the cooking process is frying.
Read exactly the wording of your above post and it clearly states “If you love to eat toast, but don’t have a toaster, use a pan instead”. Place oil/butter/fat in that same pan and your bread will fry.

2 Likes

It’s just not a full English without a fried slice but the tradition seem to be dying out :cry:

I blame those upstart imports from the US, the dreaded hash brown, yuck!

Let’s start a campaign!

2 Likes

It is not a full English breakfast, unless it contains at the very least. Eggs, bacon, Sausage, fried bread, tomatoes which are either fried or gilled. Tinned tomatoes have no place in a English breakfast, full or not.

Toast, beans, black pudding & hash brownies are pleasant extras. But to be a full English breakfast it needs the core contents.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Mushrooms too :fried_egg:

3 Likes

Oh, yes. Mustn’t forget the fried mushies. nom nom nom

1 Like

I’d definitely kick the bacon, sausage and black pudding into touch.
I’d get rid of the hash browns and fried bread.
What am I left with?

If I’m having a cooked breakfast in a hotel, I usually order poached egg on granary toast or scrambled egg and sautéed mushrooms.
At a breakfast buffet, I may add a grilled tomato and a few baked beans.

At home, my favourite cooked breakfast is an omelette, using one large egg - cooked with thinly sliced spring onion and finely diced peppers to give the egg mixture some crunch, filled with sautéed mushrooms and tomatoes, with a light sprinkle of finely grated cheese.
That keeps me going all day, from breakfast until evening meal time.

1 Like

I don’t like a fried breakfast so I can’t comment. Can’t abide the smell, and all that stuff on the plate. I like fried bread though, if that helps…

1 Like

hope you don’t have fried bread for breakfast as then its a fried breakfast :yum: just saying PixieKnuckles

1 Like

:joy: …I would take a bit if someone offered it, but I’d be sitting with cereal and orange juice. Which I would eat first before the fried bread. Smartypants! :smiley:

1 Like

I must admit to preferring fried bread to toast. For me toast is just a way of resurrecting a stale loaf.

I do however like my sandwich maker and the way it seals the bread so the contents don’t end up down your shirt front - important with baked beans and cheese for example.

An especially easy way to make a quick snack for kids

4 Likes

The essential part of a “Full” English Breakfast is, massive guilt afterwards. :smiley: :biking_man:

(bit like unprotected Sex :joy:)

A good sandwich maker is an excellent asset to a kitchen, coz it gives the best of both worlds, toasted and at the same time partially fried from the fats producing a delicious combination :+1:

1 Like

(Not the full works, but) three essentials:

Bacon (streaky not back), egg fried in the bacon fat, proper bread & proper butter.

:icon_cool:

2 Likes

Curious as to what “proper bread and butter” is…?

Not white sliced,

Not I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter

2 Likes

So home baked bread, with Lurpak? Cos that is bliss… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

thats heaven honestly thick toasted bread loads of lurpak provably why im alot heavier than i should be

1 Like

Ahh a man of good taste! And also…Lurpak is probably on the “good” fats side anyway! :+1:

1 Like

yes luv it PixieKnuckles

1 Like