What's the essential part of a Full English breakfast?

Sorry, it was such a tiny amount of mushroom it passed unnoticed.

1 Like

Any ‘Full English’ with toast would have to include buttered toast with thick cut marmalade, followed by a cup of coffee. That’s my preference anyway!

We are warned about too much food similar to what is in the ‘Full English’, it’s not supposed to be good for us. Yet in years past, when a fried breakfast was quite usual, those partaking quite often lived well into their 80s and 90s! :grinning:

1 Like

I much prefer a full Irish!

Rashers, Sausage, Black pudding, White pudding, Egg, Tomato, Mushrooms and Boxty - with freshly made Soda Bread and lashings of butter - and a goodly amount of tea!

1 Like

@Azz
Azz :slightly_smiling_face: I find the less meat I eat and the more I think about what I am actually eating, the harder it becomes to even think of eating meat.

I have ‘felt’ a lot healthier being a vegetarian and eating loads of fresh organic vegetables.

2 Likes

Bacon, egg, Fried Bread, Tomato and Bubble & Squeak, (Mashed Potato and Cabbage)

1 Like

Dry cured, oak smoked, back bacon that has been hung for at least 2 weeks before slicing is the only bacon to serve IMHO. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A slice of cottage loaf spread on both sides with duck fat thrown into a hot pan.

Pah. Streaky has all the fat, all the flavour required for frying a decent egg.

What ever floats your boat d00d. I prefer back bacon fried in a little light olive oil.

Light olive oil, gets my goat. what’s that? diluted with corn oil? :icon_wink:

People talk about extra virgin olive oil too. Have you ever seen un extra virgin olive oil. Loose woman olive oil? I haven’t :icon_wink:

Light olive oil is the very last dregs of oil that can be removed from the olives (usually by passing steam through the pulp) and blended with extra virgin oil. It’s very light in colour, virtually tasteless and ideal for cooking/frying delicately flavoured foods. This is the one I use: oil

Thank you. I now know what un extra virgin olive oil looks like. :anguished:

1 Like

Has anyone got one of these five sectioned frying pans to cook their full English? I’m tempted but then rubbish kitchen gadgets I only use once are like crack cocaine to me ….

1 Like

Me too, and I don’t even cook. lol

1 Like

A Massive Plate. :smiley:

2 Likes

love mushrooms with breakfast however baked beans noooòo

3 Likes

I have only just seen this thread and have to say why has butter fired bread been omitted? Fried bread x 2 topped with poached eggs together will the other usual culprits and there is a good brunch IMO :+1:

2 Likes

How is that different from toast?

3 Likes

Do I have to explain the difference between frying and toasting? I much prefer fried as the bread takes on a different flavour than it does in the bread drying toaster.

1 Like

I’ve seen Gordon Ramsey fry his bread in a pan and call it toast.

And there’s this, toasting bread in a pan.

Maybe you will have to explain the difference between frying and toasting for bread. I think it might have more to do with the oil or butter.