What's on Netflix

Last week we watched Gangs Of Galicia, was good.

I just watched a movie on Netflix called “Lady Bird”. I had been looking for a 90minute movie (the proper length for any movie)

To be honest I thought it would be about Lady Bird Johnson ( the wife of LBJ) but it wasn’t.

I enjoyed it as a movie very much, well worth watching, kept my interest - a quiet funny movie.

1 Like

I thought it was Lady bird Johnson, too.

I am really enjoying The Rookie.

Didn’t expect to but I’m up to the beginning of series 2 (there are 5) and it is still good. Perhaps it will fade out to jumping the shark but certainly has kept me entertained.

I didn’t expect to like it much, but might give it a go.

Watched “Outlander” through season 6. It was alright. Would recommend it if you have nothing else to do.

We couldn’t get into it, not really funny ha ha. Comedy is a difficult thing to do. Maybe we could have given it more than 10 minutes.

We’ve started watching - on Netflix -

I shall add that one to my list

Meant to add…

No, definitely not funny laugh out loud but amusing in a quiet way

even later…

Wicked Little Letters not available on my Netflix, will download the film from the internet as it looks interesting.

Even more laterer…

Got it.

Harmless fun

This is a bit of a laugh too

I’ve watch both those suggestions, the film was good and Emily in Paris was far better than I expected, a new series starts soon

1 Like

I really want to see The Intern. Looks fun. But it’s not on Netflix in the US. It’s only on Max here. I’m considering getting Max for a month. Seems like a lot of stuff I want to see on there lately.

Oh yeah, Emily in Paris has a new season coming out soon. When I read about it, it seemed pretty far away. The days have zoomed by. I’ve watched Emily in Paris multiple times. I’m interested to see what happens with Emily and Gabriel in the first episode of the season.

Jane the Virgin, iZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are leaving Netflix on Sept. 5. I was hoping to watch them. I might be binge watching.

1 Like

Neither seem to be on Netflix here in London. But I’ll look out for them.

I thought I’d seen Emily in Paris already, so ignored it whenever the name came up, but just realised it’s The Devil Wears Prada I was getting it mixed up with. (a similar story).

1 Like

My wife is watching Designated Survivor now, I don’t have the time to do that much TV watching. But she is under the influence, that need to know what’s going on. I get and update every evening.

I’ve watched “Black sails” and “outlander” on Netflix. They took me over a year to watch. Got up set with “Outlander” because everything in the series, is not yet available.
I normally buy a series on DVD once they are complete.

I can see why you’d think they were similar. They both have flamboyant fashion and are sort of comedic with young women going into an industry. They both have bad, sort of evil bosses.

But they’re quite different. The Devil Wears Prada is a movie while Emily in Paris is a series that’s more soap-opera like. Emily is not in the fashion industry; she’s in marketing. Because they’re in Paris, they do focus a lot on fashion Emily in Paris is more silly and lighthearted (which I like).

If you decide to watch Emily in Paris, I’d be interested in your thoughts, The first half of season 4 got released today. The second half is slated to be released in September.

Oh we started watching it yesterday, the first 2.5 episodes, we are in for the long run. It’s cool, light-hearted fun, liking the strong theatrical Frenchness. In other words the leads characters is American and everyone else is the American idea of how the French behave, played by Americans doing pretend French.

:rofl:

2 Likes

lol, lots of French actors in the series. You should see them in interviews when the interviewer asks if the depiction of Paris is accurate.

The over-the-top stereotypes do get a little less as the series goes on, or so they say.

I’ve recently started watching Emily in Paris, too. I’m definitely going to continue, it’s nice and light, easy viewing, perfect for when I don’t want to concentrate on complicated stuff.

Watched 30 something episodes of Emily in Paris, yawn, that’s all that’s available for now.

Just watched a remake of Hitchcock’s Rebecca, erm, probably worth it

Haven’t been able to bring myself to watch this.

Am still happily watching “Rookie”, it has the odd “silly” episode but otherwise it still keeps me entertained.